One of the reviewed projects is about the intention of Saudi Arabia to build an entertainment city. The project has all characteristic features. First of all, it has a stated timeline. The project is to begin in 2018 and is going to finish in 2022. Secondly, the desired outcome is outlined. Thus, it is expected that this city will become a notable cultural sight and contribute to various needs of the kingdom and its citizens. Finally, its unique character includes plans for building a safari and a theme park. Moreover, it is going to be one of the biggest similar facilities.
We will write a custom Research Paper on Entertainment City Project in Saudi Arabia specifically for you
301 certified writers online
The second project involves the launch of the Dubai Bellevue Towers residential project in Dubai. The features that make it a project are as follows. The estimated time of completion is 2019. The desired outcome includes the exact number of one, two, and three-bedroom apartments together with penthouses. Its unique character is in a big area that will be occupied (67,000 square meters) with a children’s playground and pool.
The following part presents the scope management of the entertainment city project in Saudi Arabia.
The project objective includes building an entertainment city with an area of 334 square kilometers not far from Riyadh, the capital city. The place will provide facilities for recreation, culture, and sport. Moreover, it will include a safari and Six Flag theme park.
- A business plan with clearly stated finance part.
- A transportation scheme should be developed since the facilities will be located outside the city.
- The implementation timeline for every part of the project should be designed.
The project is a part of Vision 2030 provided by the Kingdom.
The project will provide not only entertainment as the majority of similar parks do. It will facilitate sports and recreation activities, thus contributing to the general well-being of the citizens.
The project is going to reduce the dependence of Saudi Arabia on oil and become another source of income for the country. The entertainment sector is not well developed in the country and thus provides broad perspectives.
Such facilities will provide new jobs for citizens.
Limits or Exclusions to the Scope
- Previously theme parks such as Six Flags were mainly aimed at children. Thus such a big facility can lack visitors.
- Since the country is an Islamic kingdom with strict gender segregation and social code, the possible interest of the adult population in the theme park should be carefully assessed.
- A religious component should be considered. In a conservative religious country such as Saudi Arabia, an entertainment park cannot be accepted by the religious population.
A major stakeholder on this project is going to be the kingdom’s Public Investment Fund. The Fund is planning to invest in the project together with other local and foreign investors.
Concerns that Stakeholders Might Discuss in a Scope Review Meeting
The concerns to discuss at the Scope Review Meeting include the following. First of all, the potential of the rising entertainment industry should be evaluated. It will give a picture of perspectives of a new entertainment city. Secondly, the stakeholders should discuss their participation in the project investment. Finally, it is necessary to review the implementation timetable and get fixed dates for the launch of every stage of the project.