In rapidly changing and technology-oriented times, the narrative essay comes forth as an ideal instrument for teachers to invite students to an active and indulging learning experience.
We will write a custom Article on Narrative Essay as a Teaching Instrument specifically for you
301 certified writers online
In modern times, an increasing level of importance is being given to the education system, and while there is a lot of talk about the channelling of funds towards the development of the education system, there seems to be an absence of concentration on more basic and fundamental levels. Take homework, for instance. Give me a school that does not give homework, and I will give you your child’s dream. Children are beginning to hate doing homework. They would rather play on their amazingly new and shiny gaming consoles or say things to their classmates that they could otherwise easily say yesterday. It is imperative to redevelop the approach through which teachers provide choices to make students learn. The narrative essay comes forth as an extremely vital instrument in this regard.
- The narrative essay allows students to express their opinions in their own individual writing styles.
- The narrative essay allows students to explore their perceptions as they write about them.
- Analyzing narrative essays allows the teacher to acquire a clearer understanding of the general understanding that the students have of a subject.
- It seeks to introduce students to the idea of learning from their mistakes and from their observations.
- Writing about events and incidents in narrative essays allows students to experience a need to increase their vocabulary and to seek out better ways to express their emotions.
- It allows students to think back on their decisions and re-evaluate them.
The narrative essay is a highly effective teaching instrument since it requires hardly any effort on the part of the student and invites the student to explore the subject of the narrative essay. It can be used by telling students to write a narrative essay paragraph in their regular essays in cases where the essay cannot be written in a narrative essay form altogether.