We will write a custom Coursework on Senior Management Analysis of Macklenburg County specifically for you
301 certified writers online
This is an analysis of a senior management work aimed at qualitatively and quantitatively evaluating staff members and their percentage productivity in relation to the case actions performed per month at Macklenburg County. It is meant to display a definite projection of the quality of services provided by the staff and perhaps assist in identifying the loopholes within the workforce.
It is important to note that a comprehensive evaluation of the effectiveness of the available labor plays an integral part in ensuring that the productivity rate is at its standard percentage. Additionally, it ensures that all the relevant parameters are equated to the ultimate productivity of the organization (Rothwell, and Kazanas, 2003). It is, therefore, imperative that correct measures are taken to ensure that a workforce is effectively evaluated.
The total Work First caseload for Macklenburg County
The department has a total caseload of 34.8%. This amount is derived by summing all the percentage of caseload of the case actions performed per month. It is important to note that this percentage is below the standard productivity percentage expected of a competitive department.
The number of staff members, working at 80% productivity, needed to effectively manage this caseload. Considering the fact that the total Work First caseload is below the expected percentage, it imperative that the management increases the number of staff members so as to reconcile the current percentage with the recommended percentage.
There are currently 11 employees in the department. This is an implication that the eleven employees contribute to the 34.8% productivity rate registered in the department. However, when the Work First caseload increases by 8% next year, the total percentage will then rise to 42.8%. Therefore;
If 42.8% productivity = 11 employees
80% productivity =?
This implies that the department needs 20.6 employees so as to meet the targeted 80% productivity rate. Since people cannot be counted in terms of decimals, it is right to assume that the total number of employees needed in the department is 21.
The number of additional staff that should be requested to attain the benchmarked caseload and what the effect would be on the percentage of individual productivity. From the calculation above, it can be noted that the total number of employees needed in the department is 21.
If there were 11 employees before the evaluation was done, it therefore means that the additional number of employees needed is 10. The department, thus, needs 10 more employees in order to meet its intended 80% productivity rate. This information can be presented to the Work First Manager in several ways.
However, the most effective and reliable means of presenting this analysis to the manager is through the company’s Browser Software (Rothwell, and Kazanas, 2003). This is because this is an automated system that is most reliable in presenting such information especially when the information will be needed on a later date.
The system has efficient data backup procedures that enable information to be stored for a relatively long time. In the event of any data loss, the management is able to retrieve the relevant information with no much struggle.
I have no special concerns with either the time standards or the benchmarked caseloads. However, the time standard for termination is relatively high. The average time standard of over 0.50 hours may be a cause of alarm to not only the department but also the organization at large (Harnisch, 2008).
Get your first paper with 15% OFF
Harnisch, O. (2008). Analysis of senior management training needs in international hotel companies – A field study. München: GRIN Verlag GmbH.
Rothwell, W. J., & Kazanas, H. C. (2003). Planning and managing human resources: Strategic planning for human resources management. Amherst, Mass: HRD Press.