The creative ability of a human being is a powerful mechanism shaping the universe. A person molding the world unavoidably creates the general pattern, the way in which every piece of existence is made and later perceived. This pattern is called “design.” As soon as this model is coined, the cognizing subject turns into an object of creative activity initiated by a new design. The human and design get interwoven in the relationship of mutual interdependence, interrelation, and mutual interaction.
We will write a custom Essay on The Human and the Design Relationships specifically for you
301 certified writers online
Design is “the state of our species” (Foucault, 2002). In other words, it is a pattern according to which everything in the world is organized, including the world itself. There are a lot of influential powers in the universe, but the cognitive and creative powers are the most influential ones. The author states that the human is impacting design in every way imaginable. At the same time, the design is influencing humanity. It is hard to imagine that humanity can be a passive object of influence. Humanity always answers the influence. That is why the relationship between the human and the design is a state of mutual impact.
Human culture has been producing patterns (designs, in other words) since prehistoric times. That is why archeology is a study of patterns in itself. According to the researchers, the human spreads the design ideas every ware. It is hard to imagine a sphere of the natural world free of the disastrous influence of technical, agricultural, social, and industrial activity. Unfortunately, humankind is often establishing potentially destructive designs that are capable of ruining the world. The way in which human society is affecting nature is a distinguished pattern. The most substantial pattern of behavior characteristic of a human being is urbanization. Living in big cities is an example of creating a design (of the city) and being influenced by numerous designs and samples at the same time.
The natural world and the whole planet have been massively transformed by human activity. The influence of the design touches both bodies and brains. The universal design has turned into the world in itself, and like every world, it has some layers that are influencing the humans physically, cognitively, and emotionally. An average person experiences numerous layers of design every day. The design turns into the world in itself. It is no longer possible to escape the designed patterns. The design makes the human. Being the basis for social life design reveals and embodies the “state of our species”. As a form of projection design embodies the evolution of human cognition in its influence on a human being.
- Amalgam – mixture or blend.
- Archeology – the study of human history through the excavation of sites and the analysis of artifacts.
- Artifact – an object created by a human, usually one of cultural or historical interest and aesthetic value.
- Culture – the ideas, customs, and social behavior of people or society.
- Demise – the end or failure of an enterprise or institution.
- Design – the state of our species.
- Extinction – the state or process of being or becoming no longer exist.
- Human – of or belonging to the genus Homo.
- Projection – an estimate of a future situation based on a study of present trends.
- Species – a group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding.
Foucault, M. (2002). The order of things: An archaeology of the human sciences. Hove, UK: Psychology Press.