Why Counseling Program is Necessary in our School
- Our school is multinational and multicultural.
- This program will help to understand students’ needs.
- It will be possible to meet different students’ desires while curriculum creation.
- Educational and individual excellence will be attained via helping students acquire skills that cover personal, academic and professional domains.
Advantages of the School Counseling Program
- More positive environment will be created.
- It will support student personal and career development.
- Students will understand who they are.
- It will be explained that others come from diverse social settings.
- The program will help to relate educational success with career success and development.
Barriers on the Way to School Counseling Program Creation
- School staff has not been trained to provide counseling sessions.
- Discipline problems.
- Great differences in students’ cultural environment (Brown & Trusty, 2005).
Possible Ways to Overcome The Barriers on the Way to School Counseling Program Creation
- Step 1: Create a group that will be responsible for school counseling program creation.
- Step 2: Collect information on the basis of surveys, observations, and quantitative data.
- Step 3: To analyze the data received and use it while overcoming the barriers on the way of counseling program creation.
Brown, D., & Trusty, J. G. (2005). Designing and leading comprehensive school counseling programs: Promoting student competence and meeting student needs. Belmont: Thomson Brooks/Cole.