Traditional Arabian Bukhari Rice
- Fry onions in butter.
- Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, and bay leaves to the onions and continue frying.
- Add ground chilies, ginger, garlic, black pepper, masala, tomatoes, and salt.
- Add the chicken pieces and water and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cook the chicken for 30 minutes
- Remove the chicken pieces before adding more water, lemon, coriander, and rice.
- Simmer the rice for 15 minutes.
- Mix lemon juice, chili, black pepper, salt, and food color in a bowl.
- Coat the chicken with the mixture and deep-fry until golden brown.
- Simmer the fried chicken pieces with the rice for 5 minutes before serving (Suleiman).
Mandi Smoked Rice
- Combine turmeric, saffron, salt, and mixed spices and coat the chicken.
- Fry onion until golden brown.
- Add the fried onions, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, salt, raisins, and rice in a metal pot.
- Add water and mix well.
- Cover the pot with a metal rack and put the chicken pieces on top.
- Cook for 60 to 80 minutes at 180 oC.
- Put the broiled chicken into the pot.
- Place cooking oil and hot charcoal on aluminum foil inside the pan and cover.
- Allow the smoke to saturate the food for 15 minutes.
- Serve the food with roasted almonds, pine nuts, fried onions, and coriander.
Kabsa (Mixed Rice Dish)
- Fry onion, ginger, and chicken until golden brown.
- Add salt, orange zest, cardamom, lemon, cinnamon, and cloves and mix.
- Add the tomato paste and chopped tomatoes and cook until tender.
- Add water, cover, and cook for 25 minutes.
- Fry almonds and raisins separately until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, add the rice and carrots, and mix well.
- Cover with a piece of cloth and cook until ready.
- Broil the chicken in an oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve the rice and chicken.
- Top with the roasted raisins and almonds (Shaikh).
Ginger-Fried Shrimp (Tabahajab Min al-Rubiyan)
- Place the shrimp in a saucepan.
- Cover with water and boil.
- Cook over medium heat for two minutes and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and fry until brown.
- Stir in the shrimp and ginger and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the salt, coriander, and caraway.
- Stir-fry the mixture for one extra minute.
- Transfer the cooked food to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle the rue and vinegar over the shrimp and serve (Riolo 82).
Rice with Yoghurt (Aruzz bi-al-Laban al-Halib)
- Put the honey in a small bowl on a serving plate.
- Place the rice and water in a pan.
- Stir the yogurt into the mixture.
- Cook over medium heat.
- Stir continuously in one direction until the yogurt begins bubbling.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan, and cook until the rice is ready.
- Stir the rice occasionally to avoid sticking to the pot.
- Add a little water if the yogurt dries up before the rice is cooked.
- Add salt and transfer the rice to a serving platter containing honey (Salloum et al. 125).
- Sprinkle sugar over the rice (optional).
Umm Ali (Egyptian Bread Pudding)
- Preheat the oven to 200 oC.
- Remove the crust from the bread.
- Pour the milk over the bread and let it stand until the bread has become soft.
- Drain the excess milk from the bread and put it in a pan.
- Add sugar and stir over medium heat until the mixture attains a smooth and doughy consistency.
- Add the raisins, cinnamon, walnuts, and condensed milk.
- Chop the pistachios and almonds coarsely and add them to the mixture.
- Blend all ingredients and pour into a prepared ovenproof dish.
- Bake the mixture until the surface attains a golden brown tone.
- Remove the dish from the oven, garnish with soaked raisins and serve (Choueiry 170).
Choueiry, Ramzi. The Arabian Cookbook: Traditional Arab Cuisine with a Modern Twist. Skyhorse Publishing Company, 2016.
We will write a custom Research Paper on The Most Delicious Rice Dishes specifically for you
301 certified writers online
Riolo, Amy. The Ultimate Mediterranean Diet Cookbook: Harness the Power of the World’s Healthiest Diet to Live Better, Longer. Fair Winds Press, 2015.
Salloum, Habeeb, et al. Scheherazade’s Feasts: Foods of the Medieval Arab World. University of Pennsylvania Press, 2013.
Shaikh, Hosain Razique. The Great Gulf Cookbook: An Arabic Food Lab. Notion Press, 2016.
Suleiman, Amina. The 10 Most Delicious Rice Dishes in the World. BookBaby, 2015.