For our company to succeed in the market we need to change our strategies. Exploring the company objectives and mission and I realize that we need a strong plan that gets us out of this situation. A plan can be defined as an act of exercising foresight regarding the anticipated outputs of an organization in order to maximize the inputs available. If the required inputs in terms of advertising, promotion, production, and personnel are beyond the firm’s capability then the goal is modified to reflect available resources. It also involves Investigation of the present situation, considering alternative causes of action, selecting one of the alternatives, Providing both human and material resources, and Communicating with everyone involved so that each knows his or her particular role in the process and evaluate progress periodically in order to ensure that action is taking place according to the plan.
We will write a custom Report on Customer Satisfaction and Services Perception Analysis specifically for you
301 certified writers online
Our mission as a hotel is to deliver competitively priced, food and services, and our customers are is paramount and the focus of our activities. To achieve this mission we need to understand our objectives which are;
- Quality foods to our customers.
- to capture a bigger market in the area.
- A commitment for a broad spectrum of services and foods to our customers.
Report on causes of action
We need to change our strategies into as follows
- Positioning – we could like to create a niche in offering a wider array of menus and other services in the market. Most of our competitors who are operating in the same market offer a variety of foods, which we need, emulate. We should also go a mile higher by offering extra foods and services for our customers. We will wish to be known as a hotel that offers hard-to-find foodstuffs so that people will just come through word-of-mouth of past customers and this is possible through the way serve them and treat.
- Promotion – Since we have been in the market for a long period, we will just put an advertisement on the Televisions, radios sponsor recreational activities. We also need a website for advertising, offering of services through internet shop. We will also put the recipe on our website so that our consumers will continually be informed and updated about our products.
- Pricing – we will make all the prices of their goods to match the prices of their competitors. Since we want to attract more customers, it is essential to offer better quality foods at the same price as our competitors.
There are different approaches to research including theories and methods. There two well-documented general approaches that are used mostly in academic researches. These approaches are quantitative research and qualitative research methods (Cresswell, 1994). Before choosing a research method one needs to understand how these two approaches to research work and how they differently influence the questions asked, the approaches employed and the summaries, conclusions drawn and recommendations made. In our case, we are interested in the Quantitative technique (Kantari, 2003). Then what is a quantitative technique of research?
The quantitative technique of research is an investigation of identified or known problem, based on a theory, measured in numbers. The analysis will be done using statistical techniques like tables, graphs, pie charts, gnat charts, and other statistical tools. The main aim of quantitative approaches is to find out whether some assumptions of a specific theory held so are factual. the assumptions of quantitative techniques include :
- the objective is real and can be studied
- the researcher is independent of the research that is his values held do not interfere with or be part of the research.
- research is valuable to research alone if not released conclusions and recommendations
- the research should be in form of conclusions.
- The aim is to generalize contributions to the theory that helps the research to explain, predict and understand the issues under study (Mason, 1996).
There are three general known quantitative methods they include surveys, experiments, and quasi- experiment. I am going to explore experiment and survey methods. (Mutai, 2000)
- Experiment method: This is where true experiments are done which is characterized by random assignment of subjects to experimental conditions with an assumption that subjects have an equal chance. There should be also the use of experimental controls and there should be a procedure to be used to ensure that experimental conditions do not differ greatly.
- Surveys: This involves cross-sectional and longitudinal studies, which use interview questionnaires or interviews for data collection. The main aim of these is to estimate the characteristics of a population of interest with a small sample taken from it. This helps in the generalization of the population. (Ngenchu, 2006)
Results and discussion
I have designed survey research to investigate the satisfaction and perceptions of our customers towards our services. The questionnaires are for showing survey methods of quantitative techniques. I found that survey research could make important contributions to the study. Unfortunately, such research does not settle the issues outlined above, it serves as a context for further reflection and discussion. Knowing how different groups view and perceive these issues may also help reduce tensions, fears, and misunderstandings. Research that has been done to date shows, that surveys cannot penetrate values and value-related issues including their satisfaction in all their richness and complexity.
In brief, research will found out from respondents that there were more customers who are running away from our company to other companies as compared to those who are coming in. From the information obtained, we realized that a few customers were not willing to disclose their satisfaction with our services. The researcher found out that most of our services are satisfactory except our customer care services
The researcher also discovered that most visitors who had visited like our products but they disliked our customer care services. Most of them stated that they were not willing to come back if we did not change our customer care services.
Recommendations and Conclusion
Based on our findings of the satisfaction of our customers towards our survives I will recommend that;
- We should use situation analysis on our services from customer care in order to train employees to be able to handle our customers
- Most of our service departments should be improved if we want to succeed and our employees are trained.
The research covered the customer’s satisfaction towards our services and on how to improve those services. As it was, emphasized our customer care department was actually the impeding factor that led to our failures in services delivery. We should also try to adopt Resources,
The benefits of these methods
- it is widely recommended for academic researches
- It is cheap as compared to other approaches.
- it is not time-consuming to both the researcher and respondent
- It may be ignored0 by many or respondents who respond vaguely.
- It requires the employment of an extra person to distribute the questionnaires.
Experimental techniques for the research question.
‘’This is where true experiments are carried out and are characterized by random assignment of subjects to experimental conditions with an assumption that subjects have an equal chance. There should be also the use of experimental controls and there should be a procedure to be used to ensure that experimental conditions don’t differ greatly.’’ From this quote, we realize that the researcher chooses schools randomly but he goes to class to observe the teachers themselves. Unlike laboratory instances, this approach will be had to use in this research question. The results obtained can also be expressed in the form of tables. This technique has many costs and setbacks including
- It may be viewed with suspicion and many teachers will not like to participate.
- The attitude cannot be measured from observation as teachers may pretend.
- It will be costly, as the research will be required to go physically to learning institutions.
Benefits of these methods in relation to this research question include
Get your first paper with 15% OFF
- 1. It will give an accurate result.
- 2. it measures the hypothesis
Research on human feelings and insights cannot be measured by quantitative techniques. Researchers, however, must begin to consider other possibilities apart from surveys and experimental designs. Surveys’ quantitative instruments can show only the external face of values, not the richness, depth, and complexity of real living values.
Experimental research reduces the attitude of teachers towards learners with hearing Impairment to an object measurable using some predetermined and reduces valuing to hypothetical perceptions of value clarity. Having adopted the goals and procedures of science that deal with non-human objects and material phenomena, experimental research obscures the ways in which persons imbue their sexuality and valuing with meaning.
Both surveys and experimental designs demean and decontextualize an area of human experience organically linked to meaning-making and irreducibly context-dependent.
Creswell, J.W. (1994). Research Design: Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches. Sage Publications:Thousand Oaks, CA.
Hoeman, H.W. and Bariga, J.J (1981) Hearing Impairment.
Mason, J. (1996). Qualitative Research. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications.
Mutai, B (2000) – How to write quality research proposal: a complete and simplified recipe. The Uey publications.
Ngechu, M. –Understanding the Research Process and Methods. Mary Ngechu, University of Nairobi
Kathari, C.R. (2003)- Research Methodology Methods and Techniques- WISHwa Prakashan, New DeJhi.
Wolfe M.G (1998) Fashion South Holland, the good heart –Wilcox Company, Inc.