There are a lot of disabled persons all over the world who need our help. Special nonprofit organizations and programs make the life of such people easier. These organizations exist due to products produced by these organizations, volunteers and donations of many people who are not indifferent to the sufferings of other people (Bois 18).
We will write a custom Report on Northshore Club Wranglers at Bothell and the Nonprofit Organizations specifically for you
301 certified writers online
If you want to take part in such programs or offer your help to such organizations as the Northshore Club Wranglers, you may find the necessary information in the internet resources. Such organizations exist in every country. There are special research systems which help you to find the most convenient organization for you where you can offer your help. There is a special charity navigator which helps to make donations and make sure that your money will be used with the definite purpose. Foundation Center is another useful site which provides all the necessary information concerning the national funds and non-profit organizations. You may help disabled people not leaving your room. You may make donation via the internet on the one hand. Or you may work as a volunteer in these organizations, on the other hand. In this case you should find the website of the necessary organization and go after the indicated address. If you want to check out a nonprofit organization, the Better Business Bureau will help you providing the list of all nonprofits organizations which meet their criteria (White).
There are three major aims to be safeguarded in the delivery of health services through the agency of nonprofit organizations. These aims are
- ensuring that quality services are provided to persons with disabilities
- ensuring that the taxpayer gets value for the money utilized
- ensuring that the taxpayer is not exposed to possible liability by any breach of fiduciary duties in regard to the financial entitlements and obligations of clients (Purcell 29).
If the nonprofit organization follows all these interests, you may be sure in the quality of its work (Goodhart).
The National Intellectual Disability Database (NIDD) and the National Physical and Sensor Disability Database (NPSDD) provide the information concerning the disabled people who need our help. The NIDD was established in 1995 and has approximately 25,000 registrations. Implementation of the NPSDD has been underway since January 2002 and there are almost 20,000 people registered. The regional and national planning takes into account the databases that provide the information about the demographic profile of disabled people, current service supplies and future service needs for the next five years (Purcell 19).
While the databases provide the principal source of data on service provision and projected needs, there are deficiencies in the completeness and reliability of the data collected in that
- Participation is voluntary so there will always be some element of under reporting.
- It is estimated that there are about 40,000 persons with a physical or sensory disability. The NPSDD captures about 50% of the population receiving assistance and has almost no information in respect of two former health board regions.
- The assessment process to identify needs is not standardized.
- The assessment process is not independent. It has been criticized for the tendency to identify needs from a narrow perspective and in terms of capacity to deliver (Purcell 20).
In 2002, the service provider notified the HSE (former North Eastern Health Board) of its concern regarding the care provided to the residents and sought agreement to the commissioning of an independent review of the quantity employed. A consultancy firm was appointed to research and report on the adequacy of staffing and the skills mix required, having regard to assessed dependency levels. The examination was completed in October 2002 (Purcell 29).
It has been found that:
- The funded establishment was 203 WTE (Whole-time equivalent) while the actual establishment was 197 WTE.
- The number of staff which is necessary to supply the needs of disabled persons was 287 plus 4 to cover administration duties making a total of 291 WTE numbers.
- The skills mix ratio between qualified nursing staff and other care staff was 89:11. It recommended an alteration in the skills mix to 60:40 in areas of high dependency and a 55:45 mix for lower dependency residents.
- There was a need to change the culture from one that is custodial to one that supports the residents in developing their full potential in all aspects of life.
- Unqualified staff should be trained to supply the needs of residents with particular reference to activation programs and activities of daily living (Purcell 30).
If you want to be involved in such programs and help to make the level of services better, you should write an application for the working place you want. There are a lot of possibilities to provide your help. Volunteer opportunities include cooking, nursing services such as measuring the blood pressure, computer teaching, social services and others. You may also devote your time and efforts to organizing different entertainments for disabled people which make their lives happy.
There are a lot of interviews which are available in the internet which provide the best examples of people who have devoted their time to maintaining in Northshore Wranglers Program. This program makes a lot of people happy. Good deeds are always rewarded.
Bois, Cindy and Jegers, Marc. Objectives of Non-Profit Organizations: A Literature Review. Germany: Vrije Universitat Brussel, 2003.
Goodhart, M. Human Rights: Politics and Practice. USA: Oxford University Press, 2009.
Purcell, John. Provision of Disability Services by Nonprofit Organizations. Ireland: Government of Ireland, 2005.
White, Mary. List of Nonprofit Organizations. Love to Know Charity, n.d. 2011.