Free Thesis Generator + Thesis Statement Examples
If you’re struggling on writing a thesis statement for your paper, then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve already prepared a lot of helpful information to help you produce an outstanding paper!
🔧 Online Thesis Generator
Sometimes it can be challenging to come up with a topic, research question, or a thesis statement for your paper. An excellent solution is to use online topic makers, problem statement generators, and thesis topic generators, such as ours! Our free online generator will help you create the perfect thesis statement! Follow the steps below to get thesis statements relating to your topic:
- Introduce your topic. It can also be the title of your paper (e.g., the benefits of online education).
- State the main idea about this topic. It is the specific point of view that you will discuss in your paper (e.g., online learning is beneficial)
- Make an argument supporting your point of view. It must be a strong and valid argument. Don't claim something that you can't back with facts (e.g., online learning is flexible)
- Make another argument supporting your point of view (e.g., online learning is affordable).
- Make an argument against your point of view. Make sure you don't just dismiss it, but acknowledge its validity (e.g., online learning is not always taken seriously)
☑️ How to Use the Thesis Generator?
- Decide on the topic of your paper.
- Think about the main idea that you will express in your paper. It will also be the conclusion.
- Choose arguments that can support your point of view. Also, think of at least one counterargument. It will help you discuss your topic better.
- Enter this information into respective fields. Use short sentences. Do not use punctuation or capital letters.
- Click on the "Generate Thesis" button to get samples.
- Choose the sample you like best!
📍 What is a Thesis Statement?
You might have already heard about theses and thesis statements. Well, the main difference is: a thesis is the key point or argument of your assignment. And the thesis statement is this point expressed in one sentence.
Here’s one crucial thing you should always keep in mind when you write this sentence: it should meet the professor’s requirements.
There are two types of thesis statements:
- Direct. It states the exact reasons for your paper. For example, "I do not support vegan lifestyle because animals do not have feelings, this lifestyle is too expensive, and a vegan diet is not healthy." Such a thesis sentence would tell the reader what each body paragraph or section is going to be about.
- Indirect. Unlike the direct thesis statement, it does not state clear arguments. Here’s the sample: "I do not support vegan lifestyle for three reasons." The fact “I do not support vegan lifestyle” is the topic, and "three reasons" represent an indirect thesis statement. The assignment will contain these three reasons.
Most kinds of academic papers require a thesis statement, which can also be considered as your answer to the research question.
Now that you've learned the basics let's see what can help you to create an excellent thesis statement for anything: from history research to a critique paper!
📝 Essay Thesis Statement
You will probably write many essays as a high school or college student. Writing an essay is quite easy: it doesn't require any serious research on your part, and the resulting text is usually short. That's why you choose a narrow thesis statement that you can talk about in 4-5 paragraphs.
Your choice of a thesis statement depends on what type of essay you're writing. Here are some examples:
In an expository essay, you explain the topic logically, using your analytical skills. This type of essay relies only on facts, without any reference to the writer's personal opinion. The topic statement is the most critical part of an expository essay. It should be short and manageable so that you can describe it in just a few paragraphs. As you can see from the definition, it also should be based on facts and not on the writer's position. This category includes compare and contrast essays, definition essays, and others:
e.g., While online education is not always taken seriously, it is beneficial because of its flexibility and affordability.
On the contrary, argumentative essays are centered on the writer's personal opinion. This type of essay is also called persuasive because your aim is to persuade people that your idea is right. The thesis statement should reflect this:
e.g., Vegan lifestyle should not be promoted because it's expensive and not healthy.
Note: it's better not to use the word "I," because it may appear as too subjective. Remember: a strong thesis statement means an excellent essay!
✍️ Research Paper Thesis Statement
Unlike essays, research papers require more information, and they are lengthier than essays. That's why a research paper thesis statement should be slightly broader. This way, you make sure that you have a lot to discuss and can demonstrate your more profound knowledge on the topic.
Research paper thesis statements can be simple or more complex, depending on the purpose of your paper. Simple thesis statements can be formulated with the help of the outlines:
Something is true because of these reasons.
The US Constitution is not outdated because it's an integral part of the country's identity.
Despite these counterarguments, something is true.
e.g., Despite not being outdated, the US Constitution needs many amendments to keep up with the changing times.
You can make more complex thesis statements by combining several arguments:
e.g., The US Constitution is not outdated, because it's a part of the country's identity; still, some amendments need to be made.
Remember: it is essential to stay on topic! Avoid including unnecessary and random words into your statement. Our online thesis creator can help you in writing a statement directly connected with your theme.
Our thesis statement generator can help writing a thesis for your research. Create a short, catchy thesis statement, and you are one step closer to completing a perfect research paper!
📜 Dissertation Thesis Statement
Writing a master's thesis or a Ph.D. dissertation is not the same as writing a simple research paper. These types of academic papers are very lengthy. They require extensive analysis of information, as well as your ideas and original research.
Besides, you only have limited time for writing a dissertation, so you'll have to work on it systematically.
That's why it's better to come up with a thesis statement as early as possible. It will help you always stay on topic and not to waste your time on irrelevant information.
A dissertation can have an even broader thesis statement because of how lengthy your work should be. Make sure it's something you can study extensively and from different points of view:
e.g., The use of memory techniques at school can boost children's abilities and revolutionize modern teaching.
Don't forget to include a statement showing why your dissertation is interesting and relevant!
🙊 Thesis Statement For a Speech
Similarly, the thesis statement for a speech should be catchy and exciting. If you include it in the introduction, you will provide your audience with a sense of direction and make it easier to concentrate. The audience will know what to expect of your speech, and they will pay more attention.
Speech, unlike a research paper, includes only the most relevant information. If your speech is based on a paper, use your thesis statement to decide what to leave out. Remember that everything you say should be connected to your thesis statement! This way, you'll make your speech consistent, informative, and engaging.
Another useful tip is to rehearse your speech several times before deciding that it's finished. You may need to make some corrections or even rephrase the thesis statement. Take your time and make sure you do your best!
💡 Thesis Writing Tips
Now, we will concentrate on your thesis writing. We’ve prepared six tips that would help you to master your thesis statement regardless of the paper type you were assigned to:
- Formulate your topic.
Here’s the secret: the good topic makes half of the success when you write a paper. It
defines your research area, the degree of your involvement, and, accordingly, how good
the result be at the end.
So what is the topic of an essay? Basically, it’s a phrase that defines the subject of your assignment. Don’t make it too broad or too specific.
- Determine the key idea. It will help you get an understanding of your essay subject. Think about things you are trying to state or prove. For example, you may write down one main idea; consider a specific point of view that you’re going to research; state some facts and reasons you will use in your assignment, or express your opinion about the issue.
- Choose the central argument to support your thesis. Make a list of arguments you would use in your essay. This simple task has at least two benefits. First, you will get a clear understanding on what you’re going to write. It will wipe out the writer’s block. Second, gathering arguments for the topic will help you create an outline for your assignment.
- Generate other arguments to support the thesis. Free thesis generators suggest you proceed with a few arguments that support your topic idea. Don’t forget to prepare some logical evidence!
- Come up with a counterargument to the main idea. You might find this exercise a bit hard, but still, if you're dreaming of writing an excellent paper, think of another side of the argument. To complete this task, you should conduct preliminary research to find another standpoint and evidence behind it.
- Provide your thesis statement as early as possible in your paper. If you're writing a short paper, put your thesis in the introductory paragraph. For more extended essays, it is acceptable to write it in the second paragraph. And avoid phrases like, "The point of my essay is…"
- Make your thesis statement specific.
Remember to keep it short, clear, and specific. Check if there are two broad statements.
so, think about settling on one single idea and then proceed with further development.
Avoid making it too broad. Your paper won’t be successful if you write three pages on things that do not disclose the topic and are too generic.
There are serious objections to abortions.
Because of the high risk of breast cancer or subsequent childbearing, there should be broadly implemented the informed consent practice that certifies that women are advised of such risks prior to having an abortion.
When writing your thesis, you use words that your audience will understand:
- Avoid technical language unless you’re writing a technical report.
- Forget about jargon.
- Avoid vague words: “exciting,” “interesting,” “usual,” “difficult,” etc.
- Include a comment about your position.
Your thesis statement should reveal your position and how you plan to evaluate the subject:
- Avoid simply announcing the topic. Share your specific “angle” and show why your point on the issue matter.
- Do not make judgments that oversimplify complex topics.
- If you use judgment call in your thesis, don’t forget to specify and justify your reasoning.
- Don't just report facts. Instead, share your personal thoughts and ideas on the issue.
- Explain why your point matters.
When you’re writing a thesis, imagine that your readers ask you a simple question: “So
Instead of writing something general, like "There are a lot of pros and cons of behaviorism", tell your readers why you think the behaviorism theory is better than cognitivist theory.
- Avoid quotes in your thesis statement.
Instead of citing someone, use your own words in the thesis. It will help you to grab the
reader's attention and gain credibility.
And the last advice: change your thesis as you write the essay. Revise it as your paper develops to get the perfect statement.
Now it's time to apply this knowledge and create your own thesis! We believe this advice and tools will be useful in your essay writing!
🏆 10 Best Thesis Generators
|Thesis Generator Tool||Type of paper||Free/ Paid||Outline option||Ads||Hints and examples||IvyScore|
|Thesis Statement Generator||Any||Free||Yes||None||Instructions, questionnaire||5 out of 5|
|Ashford University Thesis Generator||Argumentative||Free||Yes||None||Short guide, prompt||4 out of 5|
|HeplfulPapers Thesis Statement Generator||Any||Free||None||None||Examples, guide||4 out of 5|
|Thesis Builder||Persuasive||Free||Yes||None||Instructions, questionnaire||4 out of 5|
|Thesis Statement Creator||Any||Free||None||None||Guides, examples||4 out of 5|
|Simple Thesis Creator||Any||Free||None||Moderate||Examples||3 out of 5|
|Thesis Statement Maker||Any||Free||None||Too many||Hints, samples, thesis statement examples on various topics||3 out of 5|
|SUNY Empire State College Generator||Persuasive, research, compare and contrast||Free||None||None||A short guide on each type of thesis, questionnaire||3 out of 5|
|JG Thesis Generator||Persuasive, argumentative, comparison, and analytical thesis statements||$3.99||Yes||None||None||2 out of 5|
|Political Science Thesis Generator||Political Science||Free||None||None||None||1 out of 5|
To ease your writing, we prepared an IvyPanda thesis statement generators. Check the list below:
Thesis Statement Generator is a simple online tool which will guide you through the thesis statement creation. To get your thesis, you will have to provide the following information: the topic, your personal opinion, the qualification, and reason sentences. Then press the button “My Thesis” to see the final draft, edit it and print or save it on your computer.
Also, you can make an outline for your future paper within a couple of clicks. The tool works with any type of paper.
The Ashford University Thesis Generator is quite similar to previous one. Each box contains a hint on how to fill it. The tool is ad-free and has no limits for your uploads.
Simple interface and a short guide will help you to easily fill required fields to get a thesis statement. The only drawback of the tool is that it works only for argumentative theses.
HeplfulPapers Thesis Statement Generator is another free service that requires no registration and provides unlimited numbers for thesis creation. To create thesis statement, you should put a topic, your main conclusion about it, two arguments, counterargument, and click the button “Make a thesis statement.” You will get five thesis examples to choose from.
On the page, you will also find a comprehensive guide on thesis statement writing with good and bad samples. Unlike previous two tools, this website doesn’t allow its users to create an outline draft. However, HelpfulPapers blog contains lots of useful articles on writing.
Thesis Builder is a service by Tom March, which is available for students since 1995. This ad-free tool allows you to generate a persuasive thesis and create your essay outline. This web app is completely free, so fill in the boxes and write your assignment. You can print a result or send it as email.
The next tool in our list is Thesis Statement Creator. The service is ad-free and offers unlimited attempts to generate thesis statement. It works with any type of paper and requires no registration. Users can find a short guide and thesis statement prompts. The app allows printing the result.
Another free service for writing any type of papers. Simple Thesis Creator works great with any type of paper. To get your thesis, answer four simple questions and press the button “Create Your Thesis.”
Among the drawbacks of the service are moderate ads and absence of outline option.
Thesis Statement Maker is similar to the previous tool. The page contains hints on thesis writing, four fields to fill and get a thesis, and works with any type of paper. As a bonus, you will find a list of thesis statements on various topics.
The key drawback is the same too: lots of ads and no paper outline option.
The truly academic tool in our list: SUNY Empire State College Thesis Generator. Students can find a lot of useful information on thesis writing. To generate summary, choose the type of paper you are going to write, fill the form and get your thesis. The website is ad-free and provides a short guide on most common types of thesis.
Among its drawbacks are only three supported types of thesis statements and no outline generation.
If you’re looking for a mobile app for your college or university writing, try JG Thesis Generator. The tool is available on the most popular platforms: App Store, Mac App Store, Android, Amazon Appstore, and Windows. Unlike other generators mentioned in this post, the app is paid. Moreover, you’ll be able to generate the essay outline using the app.
The app works only with persuasive and analytical thesis statements and cost $3.99 with no trial period. Also, there is no web version of it available.
And the last but not the least: thesis generator for papers in political science. If you like randomizers, try you should try this tool. Press the “New Title” button to get a sample thesis statement. There is no customization or outlining options, and generating a sample thesis, which would work for you, might take a few minutes or even longer.
- Decide on a topic.
- Develop the main idea of your paper.
- Formulate it as a question and try to answer it.
- Use the answer to form a thesis statement.
- To the point
The best way to build it is by answering the research question. You can also use outlines and online builders to make it better.
- The main idea of the text.
- Good arguments for and against it.
- Reasons why this thesis statement is important.
A good argumentative thesis statement should also include your personal opinion on the topic.