The alternative energy must be developed as the rate that we are consuming the world’s natural resources, two world’s natural resources would be needed to sustain our current lifestyles within a generation (RedOrbit, 2008).
We will write a custom Presentation on Alternative Energy: Types and Benefits specifically for you
807 certified writers online
Why should people shift to the alternative energy consumption?
- Living in the modern world people should care about future generations.
- Natural resources are limited.
- The increase of people in the world leads to the increased level of fuel consumption.
- The future generation may be left without the most important natural resource – energy.
There are some types of the alternative energy:
- Algae fuel;
- Solar power;
- Electricity (Alternative Energy News, N.D).
The arguments for and against the alternative energy usage
- Arguments for:
- Increased fuel consumption;
- The limited level of the natural resources in the world;
- Less damage to the environment;
- The alternative fuel has no competitors, as signed by the scientists;
- Unlimited number of sources (Impact Lab, 2006).
- Arguments against:
- High price and constant maintenance;
- Lower productivity;
- The opportunity of different countries are different.
The advantages of the alternative energy usage instead of petrol
- The advantages of the electricity usage instead of petrol:
- Rechargeable and can work without emitting any carbon particulates;
- Have the ability of reaching phenomenal speeds considering they are not using fossil fuels to power their motors (Mann, 2008);
- The advantages of the ethanol usage instead of petrol:
- Less carbon emitting;
- More economical;
- Can be locally produced (Impact Lab, 2006);
- The advantages of the algae fuels usage instead of petrol:
- Cause relatively no damage to the environment;
- Offer a greater energy volume as compared to other bio-fuels;
- Has numerous applications (Oilgae, 2008).
The sources of the alternative energy
- Maize grain;
- Cassava roots;
- Sweet potato roots;
- Beet fruits;
- Rejected waste materials (Engineering Toolbox, N.D).
“Major Breakthrough in Bio-fuels”. Impact Lab. Web.
“Public Transportation”. Alternative Energy News. Web.
“Algae Biodiesel Cost – What Exactly Makes Algae Fuel Costly?”. Oilgae. Web.
Mann, Parm. “Toyota’s plug-in hybrid electric car set for 2010”. HEXUS. Web.
“Ethanol Bio Fuel – Raw Materials”. Engineering Toolbox. Web.