Baroque refers to the style of music, sculpture, architecture, and art that was common from the sixteenth to the eighteenth century in the continent of Europe. The spirit of the Baroque influenced the absolutist rulers of the day such as King Louis 14th of France. He was the longest reigning monarch in European history, ruling from 1643 to 1715. During his kingship, there was a great flowering of French culture, particularly dance and music, which had distinct characteristics of the Baroque style. The monarch used the style as a means of promoting the idea of his regal glory. His palace at Versailles was decorated to represent this ideology.
Need a custom Essay sample written from scratch by
professional specifically for you?
certified writers online
Select a referencing style:
IvyPanda. (2021, February 4). Baroque Style and Its Relation to Absolutism. Retrieved from https://ivypanda.com/essays/baroque-style-and-its-relation-to-absolutism/
"Baroque Style and Its Relation to Absolutism." IvyPanda, 4 Feb. 2021, ivypanda.com/essays/baroque-style-and-its-relation-to-absolutism/.
1. IvyPanda. "Baroque Style and Its Relation to Absolutism." February 4, 2021. https://ivypanda.com/essays/baroque-style-and-its-relation-to-absolutism/.
IvyPanda. "Baroque Style and Its Relation to Absolutism." February 4, 2021. https://ivypanda.com/essays/baroque-style-and-its-relation-to-absolutism/.
IvyPanda. 2021. "Baroque Style and Its Relation to Absolutism." February 4, 2021. https://ivypanda.com/essays/baroque-style-and-its-relation-to-absolutism/.
IvyPanda. (2021) 'Baroque Style and Its Relation to Absolutism'. 4 February.
- Regal Marine Company Product Life Cycle
- The Self Conscious song in the Opera: Monteverdi’s The Return of Ulysses to his Homeland
- Case Design of Goods and Services
- Absolutism in Europe
- Flowering Judas versus Winter Dreams
- The period of absolutism
- The Landscape Movement
- The Rise of Absolutism in Europe
- Ethical Relativism and Absolutism (Kantianism)
- "Two Cheers for Versailles" by Mark Mazower
- Visual Perception of Images Then and Now
- Mansoor’s ‘Universalism’ vs. Harris’ ‘Transnationalism’
- Modern Art: Painting, Sculpture, Architecture, Photography
- Career of Teaching Art
- Urban Society and Humanism in Renaissance Art