We will write a custom Essay on How Should Youth Combat Negative Moral Influences? specifically for you
301 certified writers online
Negative moral influences such as temptation or desire to cheat, steal or lie may arise either because of environmental influences or circumstances. The environmental influence may be the society one lives in or the social and professional acquaintance. The circumstances may arise due to the environmental influence or by one’s choice of actions.
A social being has to interact with different type of people from all walks of life. These people who have different upbringing and priorities in life react to situations in different manner. It is not necessary that what one considers appropriate is approved or accepted by another individual. The religion, culture and civil laws are different for sections of the society. Therefore what is condemned in one society may be approved and accepted in another society. While polygamy, remarriage, extramarital relationship and flirtation may be considered normal social behavior by religion or culture, in the modern society the federal laws are defined for a dignified society. The greatest protection against what one considers as a negative moral influence is:
- If the federal laws do not allow certain actions then it is so for the benefit of an individual and the society. Therefore these actions are prohibited. If cheating, stealing and lying are punishable then don’t do it.
- If your parents, teachers and elders have told you that certain behavior is wrong then you must not indulge in it.
- If your religion considers an act as a sin then don’t commit it.
- There may be circumstances when the environmental influence is strong but an act is against one’s own viewpoint then one must consider all pros and cons. What shall be the consequences of the act, the social, physical and financial factors?
- It is also important to consider the impact of one’s actions on the other person and the society.
- Advice of the most trusted family and friends and guidance from the faith are crucial when negative influence is strong enough to alter one’s viewpoint. Contemplation about one’s own goals and priorities and the impact of the environmental influence is necessary.
An individual has to participate in the social and professional activities of the society one lives in to earn livelihood. This participation involves day-to-day activities and long-term goals set by/for the individual. The negative influences are the situations that arise as a blockade in pre-defined course of action or to distract one’s attention. The moral impact of these circumstances can either annihilate or boot self-esteem. Foresight about the result of action can help choose the course of action in these circumstances. If there are circumstances that inhibit seeking personal advice then assistance and solution to problems can be found from examples of others behavior in similar circumstances. Both fiction and non-fiction examples can be found in books, movies and on internet. The result of every action may not be same, one’s own choice guided by the protections against negative influence as mentioned above are the best way to handle life situations.
To conclude, the support from family and friends, awareness about social, professional and civil laws of the native place, social and education background and spiritual faith provide strength, guidance and knowledge to make right decisions in order to combat the negative moral influence. Contemplation before action helps in resolution of problems.