Purpose of Human Resource Management (HRM): Meeting the Staff’s Needs
- Competency and satisfaction rates increase among the staff;
- Careful explanation of the employees’ roles and responsibilities;
- Design of handbooks with clear guidelines;
- Creation of employee training programs;
- Interviews with the staff that is leaving to identify the reasons and improve the services.
Making sure that the employees are satisfied with the environment in which they work and the payment that they receive for their efforts is crucial to improve the quality of education and the relevant services that a UAE public school can provide to its learners. Furthermore, the staff members, including teachers, administrators, counselors, etc., must be provided with clear instructions and descriptions of their roles, tasks, and responsibilities. Good HRM strategies offer the personnel a deep insight into the factors contributing to an increase of staff satisfaction levels, as well as developing policy handbooks, designing competency training programs, and conducting interviews to determine the reasons for the staff to leave.
We will write a custom Presentation on Purpose of Human Resource Management in the UAE Public School specifically for you
807 certified writers online
Purpose of Human Resource Management (HRM): Developing a Sustainable Strategy
- Using outsourcing as one of the key tools for improving the performance of the staff;
- Enhancing the importance of knowledge sharing and information management;
- Creating the environment in which the staff members will be inclined to improve their skills.
Like any other resources, human ones need a sustainable strategy that could help allocate them in a manner as efficient and inexpensive as possible. Therefore, UAE school managers and administrators will have to consider the approaches that would help recruit the staff (preferably using both traditional advertisement tools and social media). Furthermore, it is essential to make sure that appropriate tools for selecting the candidates with the highest proficiency rates should be used. Particularly, a rigid testing system should be designed.
Purpose of Human Resource Management (HRM): Investing in the Employees’ Development
- Focus on creating employee training programs;
- Emphasis on the importance of experience sharing;
- Enhancement of the use of the latest teaching strategies.
The importance of investing in the progress of the workforce and building a team of competent, loyal, and efficient staff members is a crucial step in the enhancement of the educational facility’s performance and the improvement of education quality. Thus, it is imperative to consider the design of training programs that will allow educators excel in their performance and acquire new knowledge about the latest advances in the identified area. Therefore, administrators and the relevant authorities operating in the specified environment will have to consider creating competency increase courses and training programs that will allow UAE educators improve their knowledge and skills, as well as share their experiences.
Purpose of Human Resource Management (HRM): Providing the Benefit Package
- Introduction of new employee benefits into the current benefit package;
- Emphasis on parental leaves and sick leaves as a necessary step;
- More efficient management of feedback, especially complaints.
With the growth of the globalization process, the increase in diversity has become evident. Therefore, the necessity to meet the needs of a wide variety of staff members has emerged. As a result, the benefit package that has been used for decades in the context of the UAE educational setting must be revisited and shaped to a considerable extent. Offering the staff members parental leave and sick leave options is crucial to maintain their satisfaction levels high. As a result, the chances for investing in the HR successfully can be created. Furthermore, UAE school managers need to be more responsive toward the requests and complaints from the staff members, taking their requirements into consideration.
Purpose of Human Resource Management (HRM): Payrolls and the Associated Issues
- Introduction of a sustainable financial resources management strategy;
- Handling and transferring payroll information;
- Completing financial paperwork to assist new employees;
- Providing the staff member with the information about employment termination and layoffs.
To create the environment in which the staff members will be willing to evolve and progress, UAE schools will have to consider the enhancement of the financial resources management as well. To be more accurate, the issue of payrolls and staff’s salaries must be addressed accordingly. For instance, it is strongly advised that HR staff should assist the employees in the management of the financial paperwork in accordance with the standards set by the current HR regulations issued by the UAE government. Furthermore, the transfer and management of payroll data must be considered a necessity so that the staff members could feel financially secure.
Human Resource Policies and Procedures: Confidentiality and Code of Conduct
- Teachers must maintain safe and secure environment for learners at all times;
- Mutual respect and commitment must be the foundation for building relationships in the UAE school setting;
- A sense of community must be enhanced among learners by focusing on the national principles and using a flexible leadership approach.
It is essential that learners should place a very strong emphasis on the enhancement of the traditional values, at the same time inviting the students to consider the ideas of diversity. Thus, the significance of mutual respect and cooperation must be emphasized. Furthermore, the students must learn the basics of negotiation and conflict management. Teachers, in their turn, must provide the learners with safety and security in the contemporary public school environment, including the safety of their personal data.
Human Resource Policies and Procedures: The Conflict of Interests and the Relevant Issues
- The Conflict of Interests:
- Needs of key stakeholders;
- Working Conditions:
- UAE standards;
- Global standards.
- Timeliness as a necessity;
- Notifications in case of lateness.
- 8 hours a day/40 hours a week;
- From 8.00/8.30 a.m.to 5 p.m.;
- From Sunday to Thursday (inclusive).
- Involuntary: the staff must be notified accordingly;
- Voluntary: the managers must be notified accordingly.
The policy must be aimed at meeting the needs fall stakeholders involved. As far as the workplace conditions are concerned, a combination of the current UAE standards and the global ones should be viewed as a necessity due to the recent improvements in the global requirements.
Employees, in their turn, must report for duty on time and contact the administrator in case they cannot meet the schedule. Thus, orderliness can be facilitated. The operation hours must be 8.00/8.30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (8 hours/day or 40 hours/week), Sunday-Thursday. In case of work termination, appropriate notifications (teacher-to-manager or manager-to-teacher) must be made at least four weeks before the leave.
Human Resource Policies and Procedures: Performance Management and Enhancement
- Leadership based on addressing the needs of all stakeholders;
- Learning and Development Team promoting the idea of lifelong learning.
The new policy implying a focus on stakeholders will imply that the diverse needs of teachers will have to be taken into consideration. Particularly, detailed clarifications about the roles and responsibilities of the employees, as well as the distribution thereof among the staff based on their qualities and abilities, will take place.
In addition, the employees will have to be encouraged to develop. Lifelong learning must become the philosophy which the staff members will follow to improve their performance. The Learning and Development Team will be built to address the relevant issues.
Human Resource Policies and Procedures: Benefit Package, Reconsidered
- Bereavement leave;
- Sick leave;
- Parental leave;
- Unpaid leave;
- Discrimination management;
- Health and safety opportunities.
It is imperative to make sure that the staff members are provided with the required benefits. Sick leaves, parental leaves, unpaid leaves, bereavement leaves, vacations, the opportunities to manage possible discrimination issues, and the provision of the essential health and safety management tools is a must.
Quality of HR: Employment and Labor Standards in the UAE
- Federal Law No. 8 of 1980;
- Equal payment principle;
- Emphasis on experience sharing among the staff;
- Opportunities for the UAE residents;
- Enhancement of diversity
The current UAE employment standards are listed in the Federal Law No. 8 of 1980. According to the specified document, sustainable opportunities for employment must be provided to the residents of the UAE. However, given the recent changes to the specified requirement, opportunities for increasing diversity rates have recently appeared, which the school in question must explore to promote active experience sharing.
Furthermore, opportunities for female employees must be opened in accordance with the Federal Law. Additionally, female staff will be provided with the same salaries as their male counterparts. Thus, equality principles will be followed.
Quality of HR: Privacy Legislation
- Emphasis on personal data security;
- Concern for cybercrime-related issues (e.g., personal data leaks);
- AE Penal Code Law No. 3 of 1987;
- ADGM Employment Law No 1 of 2014;
- UAE Cybercrimes Law of 2012.
In the era of online communication, the issue of privacy and the security of the employees’ personal data have become especially topical. It is crucial to provide the staff members, including teachers, administrators, and other staff, with the required degree of their data safety. Therefore, the school must adhere to the privacy standards set by the UAE employee monitoring laws. Therefore, the UAE Penal Code Law No. 3 of 1987, the ADGM Employment Law No 1 of 2014, and the UAE Cybercrimes Law of 2012 must be followed closely.
Get your first paper with 15% OFF
Roles and Responsibilities: Human Resources Manager
- Recruitment, training, and career development;
- Compensation, benefits, and employment law;
- Employee relations and industrial relations;
- Compliance, disciplinary concerns, and grievance issues;
An HRM must focus on attracting target candidates, making sure that the needs of the newly recruited staff members are fully met, and provide them with a chance to fulfill their potential. Furthermore, the HRM must build an efficient communication strategy that will allow for a conversation between an employee and a school administrator Thus, a range of conflicts will be prevented and managed successfully.
Roles and Responsibilities: Human Resources Specialist
- Design of recruitment strategies;
- Provision of recruitment instructions to HRSs;
- Recruitment process supervision;
- Conducting interviews;
- Building labor relations;
- Placing jobs.
Apart from providing general directions for new staff members, the school will also have to engage in an active recruitment process. Therefore, the development of the appropriate policies and the provision of the relevant instructions to the Human Resources Specialist (HRS) is an obligatory step. Particularly, HRS will conduct and supervise the recruitment process, including the stages of interviewing the candidates, giving them tests, assessing their results, placing jobs, and establishing strong labor relations based on mutual trust, cooperation, and loyalty. It will be necessary to provide HRSs with detailed instructions that will encourage them to engage potential candidates and motivate them to excel in their future performance. Thus, the promotion of corporate values, including the principles of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) will be a possibility.
Roles and Responsibilities: Human Resources Assistant
- Managing relevant programs and services;
- Documenting grievances;
- Determining the frequency of absences and terminations;
- Providing performance reports;
- Detailing compensation and benefits information.
Another member of the HR team, a Human Resources Assistant (HRA) is supposed to handle the relevant programs and services. The issues associated with the management of document grievances, the problems in the staff’s workplace behavior and responsibility (e.g., frequent absences, issues with the staff performance, etc.), and other types of paperwork. While being admittedly tedious, the specified task implies great responsibility since it provides the foundation for the further assessment of the employees’ progress and, therefore, determines the further course of developing relationships with the staff member in question. Thus, active promotion of CSR among HRAs is a crucial step toward improving relationships with the staff members and maintaining fairness as one of the foundational corporate values.
School Layout: Purpose and Location
- Creating the environment in which learners can acquire the relevant knowledge and train the necessary skills;
- The design must also meet the safety and security standards;
- The infrastructure of Masdar, UAE, must be taken into account.
The primary purpose of the design is to provide the students with an opportunity to engage in the process of knowledge acquisition successfully. Furthermore, the students need to be given a chance to move from one part of the school to another without any problems (e.g., with no physical obstacles in their way). Thus, the use of the appropriate layout is required. Furthermore, it is necessary to consider the infrastructure of Masdar, where the school will be located.
School Layout: Design Inspiration
- A multipurpose hall (MPH);
- An information and communications technology (ICT) laboratory;
- A science laboratory;
- An art room;
- A playground;
- An indoor area for physical education activities;
- An outdoor area for physical education activities;
- A swimming pool;
- At least two changing rooms.
The students must be provided with an opportunity to carry out the activities that will allow for their rapid physical and academic development. Therefore, the design of the school must incorporate an array of areas for academic and physical tasks. For instance, the rooms for class activities, the indoor and outdoor areas for physical education activities, and a playground must be included in the list of crucial elements. In addition, an art room and a laboratory have to be included into the school design. Finally, a swimming pool has to be bult so that the learners could exercise and develop the necessary swimming skills.
School Layout: Systems
- Emergency systems;
- Electrical systems;
- Conditioning systems;
- Electrical rooms;
- Sport facilities;
- Large auditorium.
It is crucial to make sure that the students are provided with the opportunity to study in a relaxing environment that at the same time stimulates brain activity and allows them to train the required physical skills. Thus, the school facility must be arranged in the way that will help students gain access to each of the corresponding areas successfully. The school systems will be monitored accordingly so that the safety levels could remain high.
Job Description: Requirements
- It is required that the teacher should comply with the ADEC curriculum;
- The teacher is expected to make sure that the students should build the new knowledge based on their current understanding of the Arabic language;
- The teacher should provide extensive support to all learners, including learners with special needs.
The job requirement sets quite rigid standards for applicants to meet. Particularly, it is crucial that the teacher should be able to meet the needs of all learners, including the ones that have specific disabilities. Furthermore, it is imperative that the teacher should be able to provide the learners with an opportunity to develop English language skills based on their current understanding of the Arabic language. Finally, complete compliance with the ADEC curriculum should be combined with the ability to be flexible and adopt unique approaches to teaching based on the needs of a particular learner.
Job Description: Professional Growth
- Promoting teamwork among learners;
- Meeting the needs of students with disabilities or from specific backgrounds;
- Acquiring new skills and knowledge on a regular basis.
- Presentation skills development;
- Teaching confidence acquisition;
- Public speaking skills development
- Online tutorials;
- Extra teaching classes;
- Retrieving feedback from experienced teachers.
The teachers are expected to engage in active professional development. It is imperative that the educators should strive to acquire the relevant skills and learn about innovative approaches for meeting learners’ needs.
Therefore, the applicant for a position of an English language teacher must make sure that they have the required competencies (i.e., excellent command of English, vast teaching experience, etc.) and are ready to engage in an unceasing process of further professional development (e.g., learning new approaches to teaching English, managing the needs of special students, etc.).
Among the primary areas on which the candidate is expected to work, the communication-related ones need to be mentioned first. Seeing that it is essential for a teacher to communicate the goals, objectives, important information, and task details to the learners in a clear and concise manner, further consistent training is a must for the teacher applying for this school position. For this purpose, a variety of different courses for competency improvement can be advised. Furthermore, it will be reasonable to consider the feedback from experienced colleagues.