This paper is aimed at examining such a product as an iPod manufactured by Apple. Among the main strengths of this media player, one should distinguish its unique and recognizable design. Moreover, the company can benefit from the economic growth of developing countries. Nevertheless, the management should consider the reliability problems of iPod; moreover, they need to remember about the threats of substitute products. The marketing campaign should include a set of activities such as presentations and the use of video commercials.
We will write a custom Essay on Apple’s iPod Product Marketing Campaign specifically for you
301 certified writers online
It is possible to apply such a method as SWOT analysis in order to evaluate such a product as iPod manufactured by Apple Inc. This method can be useful for understanding the way in which iPod can be marketed to the clients.
- Furthermore, the interface of iPod is very user-friendly, and this quality appeals to many people.
- The main advantage of this media player is the unique design that distinguishes it among other products.
- The memory storage of iPod is very large; for instance, it can reach 100 gigabytes.
- The brand of the company is recognized throughout the world.
- Furthermore, it is important to consider the increased fragility of hard drives incorporated in this player. These problems can produce a negative impression on the clients.
- The criticisms of this product are mostly caused by battery problems (Irman, 2014). In many cases, the real-life of the battery is much shorter than the duration stated in the commercials. In terms of this criterion, iPod is not superior to other media players. This issue leads to the dissatisfaction of many clients.
- The clients perceive Apple as the company that continuously set high standards of quality and design.
- The main opportunity that should be considered by the management is the growing purchasing power of clients living in developing countries such as China, India, and Brazil (Spinelli, 2013). These people can now afford products like iPod. In turn, Apple should make use of this new trend.
- Much attention should also be paid to the increased risk of competition posed by such corporations as Samsung that also continuously improve their products. This is another risk that should not be overlooked by the management.
- It is important to mention that there is a great risk of substitute products. For instance, modern mobile phones can perform the functions of media players such as iPod. In many cases, clients prefer to purchase more functional devices such a smartphones. Thus, one should clearly demonstrate the value that media players like iPod can bring.
In this case, the marketing strategy should incorporate several elements. In particular, it is important to make the presentation of this product. This event should reach the standards set by Steve Jobs during his famous presentations that captured the attention of many people. The management should lay stress on the use-friendliness of this media player. Furthermore, it is important to mention public announcements about the release of this product in order to increase buyers’ awareness about the new offering. Additionally, the company should produce video commercials that should be displayed via television and the Internet. These commercials should highlight the superior design of iPod. These are the main details that should be distinguished. This strategy can be successful, provided that the company can address the quality concerns expressed by clients. These are the main suggestions that should be considered.
Irman, K. (2014). Things You Need To Know About Ipod video. New York, NY: Raphael Walrond.
Spinelli, S. (2013). Disrupt Together: How Teams Consistently Innovate. New York, NY: Pearson Education.