Teachers at all stages of learning can use role-playing activities and games to teach their students a wide array of social skills in accordance with Erikson’s theory. In a role-playing activity, the teacher can formulate a scenario that requires one group of students to act out a certain situation. On the other hand, another group can come up with viable solutions to resolve the scenario. In a role-playing scenario, students will have the chance to acquire both organizational and brainstorming skills. Furthermore, teachers can use role-playing games in children to impart social skills and conventions among children. For instance, through role-playing games, children can understand social conventions such as greetings, the value of thanking others, being polite, different forms of handshakes, appropriate hugs, and using titles such as sir or madam when addressing their seniors. Role-play games can also be used to teach students various forms of safety skills and protocols. For instance, a teacher can use certain role-playing games to teach children how to handle and react to emergency scenarios such as fires. Role-playing games can also teach students how to guarantee their safety by making emergency calls, completing fire drill procedures, and shouting for help. For example, teachers can use the fire station activity to provide the students with new perspectives on the environment, fire fighting, and humanitarian institutions. The fire activity requires model fire trucks, police cars, and garden hoses to serve as fire hoses.
Need a custom Essay sample written from scratch by
professional specifically for you?
801 certified writers online
IvyPanda. (2021, September 6). Erik Erikson’s Development Theory in Education. https://ivypanda.com/essays/erik-eriksons-development-theory-in-education/
IvyPanda. (2021, September 6). Erik Erikson’s Development Theory in Education. Retrieved from https://ivypanda.com/essays/erik-eriksons-development-theory-in-education/
"Erik Erikson’s Development Theory in Education." IvyPanda, 6 Sept. 2021, ivypanda.com/essays/erik-eriksons-development-theory-in-education/.
1. IvyPanda. "Erik Erikson’s Development Theory in Education." September 6, 2021. https://ivypanda.com/essays/erik-eriksons-development-theory-in-education/.
IvyPanda. "Erik Erikson’s Development Theory in Education." September 6, 2021. https://ivypanda.com/essays/erik-eriksons-development-theory-in-education/.
IvyPanda. 2021. "Erik Erikson’s Development Theory in Education." September 6, 2021. https://ivypanda.com/essays/erik-eriksons-development-theory-in-education/.
IvyPanda. (2021) 'Erik Erikson’s Development Theory in Education'. 6 September.
- Developmental Psychologist Biography: Erik Erikson
- Erik Erikson and the Life Cycle in the Classroom
- Erik Erikson’s Identity Theory
- Living Through Enjoyment: Live-Action Role-Play
- Foreseeing Madam Park’s National Defense Policy: What Will Become of Korea
- Erik Erikson Human Development Theory
- Madame C. J. Walker
- Erik Erikson: In Search for Your Own Self. Before the Identity Crisis Hits
- Developing Business and Social Innovation Through Creativity and Foresight Methods
- Psychosocial theory by Erik Erikson
- Philosophy of Education by Nel Noddings
- Andragogy Principles in Effective Education
- Shouting Won’t Grow Dendrites by Marcia L. Tate
- Distractions While Studying: Advantages and Disadvantages of Distraction
- Education: Core Reading in System Thinking