The first objective is to increase the number of service users with the help of social media. Despite the fact that the senior population is not proficient enough in the use of platforms such as Facebook, promoting the project P.A.W.S. online will capture the attention of those users who may have parents or grandparents in need for someone to take care of their pets.
We will write a custom Essay on Facebook: Marketing Objectives, Tactics and Strategies specifically for you
301 certified writers online
Make sure that the project P.A.W.S. Facebook page contains all of the necessary information with regards to services, prices, and objectives of the program. It is important to present the project in the good light and promote it to Facebook users.
- Make advertisement ‘deals’ with other Facebook pages that have similar aims or interests. For example, project P.A.W.S. can be promoted by a vet clinic’s Facebook page or a community that shares the latest pet news in a specific area. It is likely that Facebook users with pets follow such pages and will see the project P.A.W.S. mentioned in some of the posts.
- Offering discounts on the PAWS services to those users that share and like the Facebook page will be an effective marketing tactic. Furthermore, project P.A.W.S. can host competitions and giveaways to raise awareness and attract a larger audience.
The second objective is reaching a much broader audience than just Facebook users. By creating a commercial that will air on television and online, the project P.A.W.S. will get more publicity and establish itself as a reliable service for senior citizens. Furthermore, the commercial may get the attention of volunteers that can offer their help.
Making a commercial that will cater to the target audience (senior citizens unable to take care of their pets) at the same time with capturing the attention of other people (or potential investors) who may have an interest in projects such as P.A.W.S.
- Use the target demographic when filming the commercial and appeal to their needs and problems.
- Stress the importance of taking care of pets when their owners are in nursing homes/other care facilities since many animals get abandoned or given away because some care establishments do not allow for their presence.
- The commercial must me short but informative and include a hotline number as well as other contacts so those interested in the services P.A.W.S. offers can call straight away.
The third objective is reaching the audience that could not be reached with the help of social media or television. Brochures are reliable methods of advertising that can be used in hospitals, nursing homes, grocery and pet stores, vet clinics, as well as other places that the target audience visits regularly.
Create visually appealing brochures that can be placed on brochure stands in different locations or just be given away by the volunteers in public places.
- Involve experienced graphic designers that will create a colorful brochure containing all contact information and tell the target audience more about the project P.A.W.S. To capture more attention, photographs or drawings of seniors with their pets can be used.
- Then, it is important to collaborate with pet stores, healthcare facilities, nursing homes, and other facilities to have permission to place brochures on stands.
- It could also be effective for staff members to give brochures away with receipts or purchases because in such a way the target audience will be much more likely to study the contents of the brochures.
|Facebook Advertising||Promote advertisement ‘deals’ by cooperating with other Facebook pages, which are involved in similar activities or interested in achieving similar goals||Followers of the P.A.W.S. project on Facebook and all Facebook users||Improve understanding of services provided by the P.A.W.S. project as well as its major objectives||$ 15,000 / month daily for one year = $180,000||Pre-Launch, Launch, and Post-Launch|
|Save More||Offering discounts on the services provided by the P.A.W.S. project for likes and shares on Facebook||Followers of the P.A.W.S. project on Facebook and all Facebook users||Increase the number of followers and customer base of the project||No cost, using company resources to post some interesting information and constantly update news||Launch and Post-Launch|
|Fun for Free||Organize competitions and giveaways for P.A.W.S. followers||Followers of the P.A.W.S. project on Facebook and all Facebook users||Increase the number of followers and customer base of the project as well as those aware of the project activities||No cost, using company resources to host competitions and giveaways||Launch and Post-Launch|
|Film Commercials||Create commercials, which depict target audience and appeal to their needs (e.g. those, who cannot take care of their pets)||People outside Facebook (e.g., senior citizens) and potential investors||Increase awareness of the P.A.W.S. project activities||5 short but informative commercials addressing different target population groups |
$20,000 / commercial = $100,000
|Pre-Launch, Launch, and Post-Launch|
|Brochures||Reach all groups of population who cannot be appealed via Facebook and televisions||All local population attending vet clinics, pet and grocery stores, hospitals, and nursing homes||Increase awareness of the P.A.W.S. project activities||Designing and printing 100,000 brochures $10,000||Pre-Launch, Launch, and Post-Launch|
|Offline Cooperation||Reach vet clinics, pet and grocery stores, hospitals, and nursing homes in order to arrange space for brochures in their buildings||All local population attending vet clinics, pet and grocery stores, hospitals, and nursing homes||Increase awareness of the P.A.W.S. project activities||No cost||Pre-Launch, Launch, and Post-Launch|
|Spread News Offline||Reach all groups of population who cannot be appealed via Facebook and televisions||All local population||Increase awareness of the P.A.W.S. project activities||$300 per month for 6 months = |
|Pre-Launch, Launch, and Post-Launch|
|TOTAL ADVERTISING BUDGET FOR ONE YEAR:||$291,800|