Logic models are tools that allow individuals of a variety of professions to create a path that starts with a concept of service and ends with a specific result. In this assignment, the concept of a logic model will be used in the context of a social services organization. Through the use of a logical model, it is possible what an organization seeks to achieve in its practice, establish those that require the organization’s support, as well as determine what community services were needed for addressing the target problems.
We will write a custom Essay on Global Fund for Women Organization’s Activities specifically for you
301 certified writers online
It was chosen to review the activities of the Global Fund for Women, which is an organization that focuses on the improvement of women’s rights through seeking financial support for the purpose of enhancing the rights of women around the world. According to the organization’s website, the vision of the Global Fund for Women is that every woman is unique and needs support in remaining safe and exploring her full potential. The organization’s mission is to “use our powerful networks to find, fund, and amplify the courageous work of women who are building social movements and challenging the status quo” (Global Fund for Women, 2017, para. 2).
In order to achieve its mission, the Global Fund for Women uses the following logical model:
- Targeted problems: women trafficking, abuse, discrimination, lack of education, early pregnancies.
- Input: influence and advocacy, networking, and grantmaking.
- Activities: In order to achieve its goals, the organizations increase its agency, action, and awareness, contribute to the increase of resources and power available to women, facilitates policy and law changes, as well as encourages changes in the mindset to achieve gender equality worldwide.
- Output: financial support for women in need, the end trafficking and abuse, the end of discrimination against women, enhanced education of women in developing countries, treatment of health issues and support during early pregnancies, the improvement of women’s self-esteem and self-worth (Global Fund for Women, 2017).
- Outcomes: creating a stronger movement for the rights of women, increasing awareness, and funding for achieving gender equality not only in developed countries but also worldwide.
- Impact: to support the rights of women across the globe (especially third-world countries), secure laws that protect women against discrimination, facilitate women’s education, help establish new civil rights organizations and funds that have the same objectives, eliminate gender-based violence, establish a framework of political and economic rights of girls and women worldwide, help secure universal sexual health and reproductive rights of women (Global Fund for Women, 2017).
Financial support of women across the globe is the key challenge that limits the success of programs that the organization implements due to the difficulties of finding sponsors and donors who could donate to the cause. In the evaluation of the program, it was complicated to assess what inputs go toward the achievement of the goal since the Global Fund for Women is an organization that uses any resources available to it. In programming staff, a logical model can be helpful for assigning responsibilities and establishing short- and long-term objectives. It is essential to understand that logical model used in the context of social and education services are hard to conceptualize (Brun, 2016). However, overall, the logical model used by the Global Fund for Women was identified as the one that focuses on the outputs and the impact of the implemented activities rather than inputs because the organization has a goal of helping women to overcome the struggles of their daily life no matter at what cost.
Brun, C. (2016). A practical guide to evaluation (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Oxford.
Global Fund for Women. (2017). Mission & history. Web.