In order to implement the project, the Ministry of Labor (MOL) should first identify the main goals that should be achieved. Furthermore, one should be aware of possible challenges that can emerge in the future.
We will write a custom Case Study on High-level Plan: the Ministry of Labor specifically for you
301 certified writers online
In this case, it is critical to control the inspections processes and measure the degree to which employers and inspectors comply with the regulations introduced by MOL. Overall, it is possible to work out a high-level plan that includes the following tasks:
- First of all, it is necessary to make sure that inspectors provide accurate assessment of the practices adopted by employers working in Saudi Arabia. Thus, people, who will evaluate employers’ compliance with new regulations, should keep in mind that the results of their reports can be verified. This is one of the strategies that can be adopted.
- Secondly, MOL should minimize the impact of subjective opinion on the evaluation process. In other words, the evaluation procedures should be designed in such a way that inspectors can rely on clear criteria while assessing the work of different organizations. This is one of the main issues that should be taken into account because inspectors should remain impartial when interacting with employers. This task can be viewed as the cornerstone of this project.
- Furthermore, policy-makers should reduce the impact of inspection processes on the performance of businesses. Therefore, it is vital to identify the authority of inspectors who should not create significant inconveniences for Saudi companies. This is one of the main risks that should be minimized.
- Apart from that, MOL should identify criteria according to which the work of inspectors should be evaluated. These professionals should have a clear idea about the performance standards that should be met. Their expertise and integrity are essential for the implementation of this project.
- Finally, public administrators should develop a schedule for inspection processes and analysis of collected data. One should bear in mind that there will be 7.000 inspectors, and it may take a considerable amount of time to examine their reports.
These are the main elements of this plan. On its basis, one can single out specific steps that should be taken in the future. This approach to this project will be more productive because it will enable MOL to avoid delays or false conclusions about the practices of Saudi employers who must follow new labor policies adopted by MOL.
List of Deliverables
Additionally, one can distinguish the most important deliverables that this project should produce. It is important to focus on the following aspects:
- Increased accountability of inspectors;
- Objective evaluation of employers’ business practices and their compliance with new labor laws;
- Impartial evaluation of inspector’s performance;
- Accurate reports about the impact of new laws and regulations on employers and their business practices.
These are the main aspects of this project. MOL should determine whether employers are willing and able to comply with the regulations that were introduced. Under such circumstance, inspectors will play a critical role. These professionals should remain unbiased while interacting with employers.
Secondly, they must have a clear understanding of the laws introduced by MOL. Finally, they need to provide valid and accurate information about the practices of employers. These are the main details that should be identified because they are vital for the effectiveness of this project.