Introduction to Hillgrove High School
The Hillgrove High School was founded in 2006. The Hillgrove High School is located in Powder Springs, Georgia. The school accommodates approximately 2400 students in the 9th through 12th grades. The mission of the school concerns excellence of the students in academic, arts, and athletics. The overall performance of the school is higher than 96% of schools in the state.
We will write a custom Coursework on Hillgrove High School Data Profile specifically for you
807 certified writers online
Demographic Data: Total by Gender
Demographic Data: Total by Ethnicity
In 2017, the survey did not include last three ethnicity variables, they were merged under the variable “other”
Demographic Data: Subgroups
Demographic Data Summary
- The approximate number of students equals to 2400
- Majority of the students are White/Caucasian and Black/African-American
- The gender distribution is equal
- A small number of economically disadvantaged students and students with physical disabilities
The Suspension Rate
Chronically Absent Rate
Process Data Summary
The overall suspension and chronically absent rates do not significantly deviate from the state standards.
Achievement Data Summary
- Compared to the general numbers across the state, the CCRPI score is high and equals 94.3 in 2019
- The percentage of students who are ready to enter college and pursue career is higher that the medium number across the state and the county
- The four-year graduation rate is exceptionally high and close to 100% mark
Perception Data Summary
- Majority of the students enjoy going to school and feel like that fit in
- The relationships among the students are healthy and productive
- The school climate star rating is 4
- Students’ performance
- Gender distribution
- Students’ perception of school connectedness and cultural acceptance
Areas for Improvement
- Low percentage of people of Asian or Pacific Ethnicity, Native Americans, and people of mixed race.
- The students’ perception tends to decrease in the process of education (9th grade compared to 12th grade).
- The Hillgrove High School has high academic standards with the overall performance higher than 96% of schools in the state
- 65.3% of students are ready to continue academic studies in colleges
- Four-year graduation rate is 93.6% which is higher than 79% of schools in the state
- Caucasian and African-American ethnicities represent the majority of the students
- 7% of the school’s students are economically disadvantaged and 10% of the students have disabilities.
Georgia Student Health Survey (2018). Hillgrove High School. Georgia Department of Education. Web.
Georgia Student Health Survey (2019). Hillgrove High School. Georgia Department of Education. Web.
Georgia Student Health Survey (2020). Hillgrove High School. Georgia Department of Education. Web.
Governor’s Office of Student Achievement. (2019). Georgia school reports. Hillgrove High School. Web.
GreatSchools (n.d.). Hillgrove High School. Web.
Hillgrove High School (n.d.). Web.