We will write a custom Essay on Marketing Managers: Job Analysis specifically for you
301 certified writers online
Job description of a marketing manager
Marketing managers play a vital part in organization by organizing and analyzing market research and survey. They also have to observe the consumers demands, sales, products and services delivered. Moreover, they should assist the organization to make new products and services using research, customer feedback, and other appropriate methods for collecting information. Additionally, they have to identify and implement communication strategies like advertising campaigns to draw more consumers.
Experienced marketing managers ought to recognize target markets and struggle to deliver a message to a certain group (Hartley, 1999). Furthermore, they ought to prepare marketing plans, including budgets and improvement information. They also have to make decisions about pricing and analysis of customers’ feedback about their satisfaction. A marketing manager is accountable to the CEO of the company.
For one to qualify to be a marketing manager, they ought to have familiarity in supervising and managing of professional staff. One should also have “a bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field, and masters in business or marketing” is an added benefit. Moreover, person should show capacity to enhance outputs and constantly advance methods and departmental involvement (Hartley, 1999). Furthermore, for one to qualify to be a marketing manager he should be able to communicate with consumers efficiently. Investigation and evaluation skills are also vital in marketing management.
- Give an instance of a marketing brief you made for a latest marketing program.
- Talk about a marketing project in which required directing and handling dissimilar team of people to accomplish goals.
- Team leadership skills
- Describe of how you have managed a tight budget to achieve a marketing activity.
- knowledge in budgeting
- Give an example of how you have effectively used online marketing systems.
- Advertising and marketing knowledge
- Describe a marketing plan that you finished on time under budget.
- Time management skills
- Describe a situation in which innovation was required.
- Name the major problems a marketing manager encounter today.
- Market knowledge
- With your minimal knowledge concerning the company, make recommendations for change
- Knowledge about the company
- Name the essential things to consider, when influencing consumers choices.
- Skills for understanding peoples’ behaviors
- How would one ensure they accomplish the foremost objectives?
- planning and administration skills
The recruiting method and rationale
I would use external recruitment method because this method involves employing new people in the company. This is advantageous because external employees give new ideas to the company. Furthermore, the method will enable many people to apply and so there will be larger number of workers from which to find the best candidate.
Hartley, D. (1999). Job Analysis at the Speed of Reality. Massachusetts, MA: Human Resource Development.