During a long period of time, a concern existed that it is difficult to keep control of the complaint cases as they cause complications to the victims, but the current situation regarding the rise in the number of complaints related to employment discrimination can and should be addressed effectively. The proposed solution to this problem implies that the government adopts a law amendment in accordance with the aspects of the FEHA Act, which obliges employers to refrain from committing the repetitive employee offense in the workplace.
We will write a custom Essay on Employment Discrimination and Law Amendment specifically for you
301 certified writers online
The implementation of this proposal will help to reduce the number of complaints of employment discrimination that are reported annually. It is essential that the proposed law will be implemented by the state government, taking into account the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) implications. In addition, the authority should introduce the relevant mechanisms to reduce the time of complaints’ processing to the range from three to six-month maximum.
As stated earlier, the proposed solution is concerned with the introduction of a law amendment under the FEHA Act that will guarantee to take any cases of recurring employee discrimination to the hearing. The proposed act is aimed at carrying out the uttermost punishment to the employers. It is assumed that the introduction and implementation of this law will allow decreasing the number of yearly complaints. The decree will include the following implications:
- The violators will pay a considerate amount of money when the complaint is put in progress and considered in the lawsuit.
- The complaint will be sent to hear if the violation has a repetitive nature; consequently, it will ensure sanctions regardless of the final verdict in the case.
- It will address the issue within the organization to avoid affecting such aspects of the business as financial elements and company reputation.
To be able to implement the proposal, the support from California Employment Lawyer Association that participates in committee work with FEHA will be essential. The role of the organization will be to serve as a mediator between the people and the entities through law implementation. Moreover, it is necessary that California Employment Lawyer Association will take an active part in conducting negotiations aimed at adopting the lawful clause.
The projected benefits from the approval and amendment of the law are as follows:
- The number of cases of employment discrimination and the corresponding complaints will decrease.
- It will protect the employees from any form of discrimination practices in the workplace in the future.
- It will keep all employers aware of discrimination forms and the corresponding effects in the case of their recurrence.
The projected costs that will occur due to required activities for the approval and amendment of the law are related to:
- I was persuading the California Employment Lawyer Association to adopt the proposed solution.
- The need of FEHA to hire more people to complaints department to be able to process as many cases as possible to avoid delay or suspension. Thus, it is assumed that hiring more people will result in the increased expenditures for the department.
When the proposed solution has been endorsed and amended, it will be possible to calculate the costs that were required for the implementation of the project. The decrease in the number of complaints will allow eliminating the problem of discrimination in the workplace and enable securing the workplace from any form of oppression or inequality. Other projected benefits of the act will be revealed in the shortened processing times and the opportunity of charging the violator in the case of a satisfactory decision.
The group asked you of an opportunity to collaborate to be able to convince FEHA of the relevance of the proposed Act amendment. Your consent to advocate for the proposed solution will allow reducing the amount of time required for the procedure of the project approval. The significance of the position of California Employment Lawyer Association at FEHA department is revealed in the fact that it will ease the process and ensure flexibility in the negotiations during the proposal review.