Discrimination essays are an essential part of historical and social sciences because of the influence of the practice on past and current humanity.
Past practices such as slavery were a result of discriminatory racist beliefs, and it took a long time for African Americans to be acknowledged as equal under law to other races.
Even then, the school of thought was not eradicated, and ethnic minorities as well as women would be oppressed by segregation and unequal opportunities until the emergence of the civil rights movement in the second half of the 20th century.
Even today, discriminatory practices arguably continue, and the debate around their existence draws considerable attention. You can use any of these topics to write an outstanding essay by following the guidelines below.
Discussions of slavery as a form of discrimination will usually be historic in nature, as they will discuss the practice as applied in the United States and other countries in the same region, but the notion offers discrimination essay topics for periods including modernity.
Before the Civil War, many people believed that black people were inferior to whites in some way, possibly due to the disparity between the advancement of African and European civilizations.
As such, even free black people would undergo harassment and risk being enslaved again if they did not leave for a territory that did not have the practice. The topic has been well researched, and so you can and should the wealth of information available to paint an accurate picture.
Even after the abolition of slavery, discriminatory views and practices persisted in many places. Examples included segregation practices where black people would be confined to ghettos and not allowed to visit various institutions.
The civil rights movement arose in the 1960s aimed to right that injustice, but eventually expanded to encompass more marginalized groups, such as women. Gender bias was prevalent at the time, with women being seen as housewives who could not work as well as men.
The success of the feminist message changed that perception and enabled women to choose their life freely. The various efforts and successes of the movement can provide you with ideas for an interesting work.
Ultimately, discrimination is being called out to this day, though many people hold the opinion that it has been mostly or completely eliminated in most advanced countries.
Nevertheless, many modern industries are affected by claims of faults such as gender discrimination, expressed as phenomena such as disproportionate hiring of males or a disparity in earnings between the sexes.
Other instances of modern discrimination are more concrete, such as the severe punishments for homosexuality practiced in some Muslim countries to this day. Humanity is still not entirely equal, and to progress towards that goal, we must identify and address issues.
Here are some additional tips that will improve the general quality of your essay:
- Surround your discrimination essay body with an introduction and a conclusion. The former describes the topic and provides the reader with a thesis that names the central idea of the essay. The latter sums up the essay and provides some closing words.
- Separate different sections of your paper with titles that identify their topics. This practice improves the essay’s structure and appearance, making it easier for the reader to navigate it, especially if you use well-designed discrimination essay titles.
Find excellent discrimination essay examples and other useful samples for your work on IvyPanda!
🏆 Best Discrimination Topic Ideas & Essay Examples
- Discrimination Remedy at Workplace The following is the discussion of the appropriateness of these concepts as well as what needs to be done to eliminate discrimination in the work place.
- Gender and Race Discrimination Gender and race issues should be well tackled, for instance, in some of the societies men are believed to be superior to women and hold all the important positions in the society.
- American Indians: Racial Segregation and Discrimination The ideology of segregation was also perpetuated by the leaders such as James Madison and Thomas Jefferson who were of the belief that American Indians were savages who did not have the ability to cope […]
- Political Discrimination Against Women In most societies, women are perpetually pushed to the periphery in many activities of the community. The kind of education exposes women in the society to be lesser to men.
- Ethnic Groups and discrimination In line with Takaki’s writing on a “A different mirror”, the Native Americans were as a result of settlements by people of various ethnic groups such as Africans, pilgrims and Asians in the nineteen sixties.
- Different Challenges of Racial Discrimination To add on, this paper describes why the vice should be avoided since no one is superior to the other and that the fight against racial discrimination should start from one person and then spread […]
- Discrimination in Hiring As the applicant should know about the company and functions to be performed, it is necessary to make a general overview of the company, its history, and peculiarities of the position for which the applicant […]
- Labor Discrimination in US Economy Consequently, various stakeholders in the industry are interested in finding out the causes of the huge gap in employment between the Whites and the African-Americans in the market.
- Discrimination at the workplace In addition, the law was also instrumental in the establishment of the EEOC, a body charged with the responsibility of implementing this particular law, along with other laws that seeks to protect employees against discrimination […]
- Asian American Discriminations in Colleges The first one is whereby a comparison is made between “the percentage representation of Asian Americans in the admittance and/or enrollment pools of their respective colleges and universities with the percentage of the overall population […]
- Mexican American Discrimination S and European immigrants settled and joined forces with Hispanic Texas to oust the Mexican rule and declare the independence of Texas in 1836.
- Racial Discrimination in America It is noted that the blacks were especially very handy in the farm jobs and generally the American society did not like the immigrants and went to all levels to discriminate the blacks and the […]
- Wal-Mart’s Discrimination Difficulties On the case of against women, the company could have specified that men were required because of the type of the job in the warehouse.
- Racial Discrimination at the World Bank In addition, leveraging on an employee in a diverse population always end up with a particular race being victimized through work termination as employers tend to match the contact race of an employee to that […]
- International Issues and Discrimination It also gives the differences between the UCITA and the article 2 of the UCC in relation to the information technology.
- Colorism as an Act of Discrimination in the United States The Specialization led to the categorization of workers into two groups where we had the field workers who remained in the fields cultivating and digging and the house-helps who worked in the houses of the […]
- Anti-Islamic Religious Discrimination in the Workplace On the world scale, discrimination of Muslims in the workplaces is rising due to the anti-terrorism crusade that propagate damaging stereotypes that Muslims and their religion are source of terror in the modern society.
- Price Discrimination Strategy The impact of the strategy of price discrimination between the residents and visitors on social efficiency cannot be understood, since the strategy generally leads to higher prices for the visitors and lower prices for the […]
- Gender discrimination at the work place: a case of sexual harassment In the current case and issues surrounding Herman Cain the Republican presidential candidate, it is apparent that cases of sexual harassment have taken place based on the above definition.
- Anti-discrimination laws in America In comparison to the unconscious theory of discrimination, statistical discrimination seems to involve non-racial stereotypes such as age and gender. In light of this, it is evident that there is need for more anti-discriminatory legislation […]
- Discrimination in Labor Processes The desire to make the rights of men and women at the workplace equal, there are “male” and “female” professions even though the number of women in male professions increases as well as the number […]
- Immigration and Discrimination in the Workplace The ability to see a big picture and the need to appreciate the contribution of immigrants to U.S.economy will reduce the incidences of discrimination in the workplace.
- Racial Profiling: Discrimination the People of Color The way in which the justice system handled the circumstances behind the death of the black teenager represents a society that is less concerned with the plight of the black minority in the nation.
- Types of Discrimination that Exist in American Society In the article ‘Land of Opportunity’, Loewen investigates social class as a source of discrimination in the country. In the article ‘Nickel-and Dimed’, the author says that the wages of the unskilled and skilled employees […]
- Race and Discrimination They often face several difficulties in this attempt, especially due to their color, which is different from that of the Americans. The idea of viewing culture from a social construction point has led to discrimination […]
- Segregation and Discrimination in My Left Foot This is because Christy Brown is given the chance to stay with his family, and in due course, he shows how talented he is by making use of the only part of his body that […]
- Employment Discrimination: Race/Ethnicity/Color/National Origin/Religion In the year 2001, Ellis reported about her supervisor to the department of discrimination, however, it brought no fruit, thus forcing Ellis to report the matter to the U.S.
- African Americans-Prejudice and Discrimination This began during the civil war in which African Americans stood to fight against prejudice and discrimination. It is undeniable that African Americans have faced many challenges in the U.S.ranging from prejudice to racial discrimination.
- Discrimination against Immigrants Immigrants face different types of discrimination in the course of their stay in the U. The most common types of discrimination that the immigrants in the U.
- The Employment Discrimination Against Muslims at Work Places And in order to curb the recurrence of the harassment the disciplinary action taken against the offender should be stern enough to deter a repeat of the same.
- Why is Discrimination a Barrier in the Working Environment? Moreover, discrimination in the workplace is a barrier because it has led to loss of focus in companies, thus lowering the production rate.
- Lavin M. A. “Effects of Exposure to Information about Appearance Stereotyping and Discrimination on Women’s Body Images” The authors discuss some of the effects of media messages on the socialization and productivity of women in society. The main aim of the article is to show that the idea of attractive body image, […]
- Racial or ethnical discrimination Different groups of people remain somewhat hostile to others, as this is a part of the human perception. According to these sociological and psychological perspectives discrimination and prejudice are indispensible parts of the human society […]
- Discrimination, Prejudice and Racism in the United States Members of the society should be allowed access to equal opportunities, for example, education, medical care, sports and in many other spheres.
- Employment Relations Issues: Discrimination in New Zealand’s Work Place Discrimination on the Basis of Age Discrimination against older people in the workplace is not a new phenomenon in New Zealand and as early as the early 1990s, the government saw need to put measures […]
- Discrimination targeting pregnant women The duties of a manager are to oversee the operations and activities under the department to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the operations of an organization.
- Managing in an Inclusive Environment: Discrimination Some of the issue that could lead to discrimination and the human resource mangers ought to be informed of include; Job advertisement- During the publication of a job vacancy, the human resource managers have to […]
- Diversity and Discrimination This holds and enhances the diversity of the labor force thus excluding discrimination. It is crucial to note that the company has over 14 years of embracing diversity, as well as zero tolerance to prejudice.
- Family Responsibilities and Discrimination The report highlighted five major barriers that prevented women from advancing to senior management roles within the hospitality industry which included the challenge of balancing between work and family, gender bias and inequality in the […]
- Discrimination of certain categories of the population Amongst the many social forces that orient the society to behave in a particular way, gender has played a substantial contribution to the manner in which responsibilities were shared since the onset of the human […]
🥇 Most Interesting Discrimination Topics to Write about
- Problem of the Gender Discrimination in the Workplace This requires the employer to consider some of the things such as the number of women and men that applied for the available positions.
- Discrimination at Publix Incorporation Despite the claim by the management of Publix Incorporation that the firm is committed to ensuring non-discrimination; the firm has not effectively implemented policies aimed at abating discrimination.
- Muslims Report Rising Discrimination at Work by Steven Greenhouse This essay is a short summary of this article posted in the New York Times and also contains personal opinions of the implications of such discrimination to the human resource heads.
- Discrimination, Social Exclusion and Violence among the LGBT Community The worst of the discrimination is violence or the gay killings that are found in many cities. Amongst the females, the main forms of violence and discrimination relate to their sexuality where 20% of males […]
- Discrimination in School Based on the data in this case, describe the behaviour of the students in this class The children’s behaviour displays racial discrimination owing to their treatment of the new coloured student in class.
- Discrimination at Workplaces The current increase in the temporary, part-time wage work and other forms of employment that is not covered by labor laws and policies in Canada has contributed a lot to cases of discrimination and other […]
- Gender Discrimination at Workplace This essay will document gender bias and gender discrimination in the context of social and physical and the social confines of the work place that is experienced at work in the context of United States […]
- Discrimination and Fight for Equality This paper discusses the efforts put in place by the poor and people of the color to end discrimination. In 1919, the constitution was amended to cater for the interests of women.
- Clinton Homosexual discrimination policy In the case of Clinton, when announcing the Executive Order, he had studied the relationship and the situation at the military and opted to have an order that would be of the good to the […]
- Accent Discrimination and the Harmful Effects The learners of English as a second language have been greatly affected because of the discrimination faced from other individuals because of the difference in pronunciation.
- Poverty, Homelessness and Discrimination in Australia: The case of the Aboriginal He described the various aspects of the ownership of the means of production in the form of factories, machines and technology and emerging system of relations of production as an important determinants of classes.
- Discrimination at Places of Work Having discussed the various forms of discrimination that are present in our organizations and some of their causes, it is paramount to explore the effects of discrimination in places of work and the society at […]
- Racial discrimination in US Due to the large number of members of the communities in the US, competition for the scarce resources has been stiff.
- Discrimination in the Labor Market As a result, there are two schools of thought, the market oriented perspective and the embedded perspective, which try to explain the racial discrimination in the labor market.
- Age discrimination in Employment According to the provisions outlined and put forward in the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, all employees who are aged forty and above are entitled to work and earn all the benefits accrued in employment.
- The Impact of Prejudice and Discrimination The African slave trade is the most famous; the trade culminated in the Atlantic slave trade that took place between the 16th and the 19th centuries.
- Discrimination against black women Owing to the fact that these imageries of a group to forecast and analyze the performance of people, employer’s classification of black women as solitary mothers could form the ground of discrimination.
- Statelessness and Discrimination All through this history, the philosophy of the antihaitianismo has worked to justify a continuing agenda to lessen the existence of Haitians in Dominican community, and in particular to eradicate bodies of the ones recognized […]
- Price discrimination and monopolistic competition According to Varian, the competitive market is characterised by a large number of firms that deal identical products and this aspect limits a firm’s ability to exploit the consumers by selling the product at a […]
- Employing Individuals to Fill in Vacancies in the Company Hiring of new employees should be done at the discretion of the company’s management, such misconceptions may have effects which may reverberate throughout the company.
- Discrimination and Affirmative Action The recruitment results showed that a number of individuals from both minority groups and the white group had passed entry mark; however, no single candidate from the minority groups had secured a chance in the […]
- Age discrimination at the Workplace The first step to preventing age discrimination in a company is for the management to understand the meaning of age discrimination and its effects on the company.
- Theories of Cultural Diversity – Anthropological Theory: Discrimination, ratio prejudice, and male chauvinism The two Authors, Brodkin and Salamon, clearly introduces us to the discriminated groups and their origin in that, in both stories the victims are immigrants and they are forced to accept the ill treatments in […]
- The Discrimination Against Women Employees in the Telecommunication Industry Since the aim of the research is to investigate the negative impact on women arising from their discrimination in telecommunication in Middle East and Europe, it will be crucial to interview a sample of women […]
- The Racial Discrimination among Employers The following discussion ascertains the statistical findings of the aforementioned researchers on the inconsistency of employment opportunities, between the African-Americans and the whites.
- Sex Discrimination at Wal-Mart This is to mean that all employees should be eligible for promotion, retention and should be assigned the same job responsibilities irrespective of their gender. The employer should provide training for female employees to ensure […]
- Price discrimination Success of price discrimination depends on the separation of the markets, in this case, men and women and also young and senior citizens.
- Problems of Ethnic Discrimination in US This issue determines the level of socioeconomic growth and the rate of upward mobility due to the existence of racial and ethnic inequalities that deny them chances they otherwise would have.
- Ethnic Stratification, Prejudice, Discrimination: Hispanics The author of this paper discusses the effects of ethnic stratification on the Hispanics/Latinos, and how prejudice and discrimination are relevant to this ethnic group.
- African Americans: Race and Ethnic Discrimination This group also remains one of the most discriminated even though the struggle of the 1960s has resulted in a number of improvements for African Americans. At that, there is tension based on issues associated […]
- Racial discrimination in Organizations It is the work of the management to provide a neutral working environment within any organization, as well as ensure equal treatment and opportunities for all employees regardless of their race.
- Race Discrimination in the USA The institution of slavery was born in the 16th Century, and it was one of the most disconcerting manifestations of the practice.
- Discrimination and Affirmative Action This fact explains why every society should use affirmative action in order to support the rights of its people. In conclusion, affirmative action is a reliable program that can deal with the dangers of discrimination.
- Coca-Cola Discrimination Issues Therefore, the essay discusses the discrimination issues raised by four African-Americans that led to a lawsuit, examines actions that would have prevented or minimized the lawsuit, and considers the company’s structural and human resource perspectives […]
- The Recruitment of Employees and Discrimination This is the best approach that he can take in this situation. This is one of the first suggestions that one can make in this case.
- Civil Movements: Discrimination and Its Consequences In fact, the majority of civil groups are formed to address the problem of unequal distribution of wealth and the position of women and the blacks in society.
- Self-Interest and Discrimination in Sociology People should stop self-interest in a society because it promotes egoism and a lack of social accountability to societal problems. In conclusion, self-interest and discrimination, rarely serve the general good of the society; as a […]
- Discrimination in the Workplace DeStefano, the defendant strived to prove that promoting black employees was vital to the activities of the fire department. The New Haven Civil Service Board is the agency that endorsed the results of the results […]
- Discrimination Definition, Its Causes and Effects The first form of discrimination is the age discrimination where people are treated differently based on their age. Ensuring that discrimination is thrown into the dustbin of oblivion will make the world a better place […]
- Discrimination Definition and Characteristics Any form of discrimination against another is, therefore, immoral and repugnant towards development of the human race. Discrimination and all its forms make this bit of life to be challenging.
⚡ Shocking Essay Topics on Discrimination
- “Going for the Look, but Risking Discrimination” by Steven Greenhouse Reading through the article, it is not easy to establish the position of the writer on the issue of hiring based on looks.
- Racial Discrimination at the Workplace The main change that is discussed in this essay is the introduction of legislation that will see the creation of a special authority that is aimed at guaranteeing the freedom of all workers at the […]
- Gender Discrimination in Russian Workplaces In the Soviet era, women were seen as an important factor in the industrialization of the country and they were allocated education and work opportunity by Russia’s socialist government.
- Discrimination Due to Language Differences Rodriguez speaks about cultural diversity in a light key, treating the issue as a natural happening that is a part of everyday life of every person in America, the skin color and language origin do […]
- International Students Discrimination International students lose their focus having to go through the process of adaptation to the new culture and new society, their lack of social and academic command of the English language is causing a lot […]
- Discrimination of International Students The need to preserve one’s culture and position though language-based discrimination is likely to persist in the US to show that Americans are in control and foreign students must learn English to coexist with them.
- Addressing Discrimination at Workplace This research focuses on how the issue of diversity in the workplace can be addressed in order to improve the workplace environment The American society has been affected by the problem of discrimination ever since […]
- Racial Discrimination Against Asian American Students According to Chan, the issue of racial discrimination has persisted in the United States for years despite the efforts that have been put in place by several people and groups to fight it.
- Educational Attainment and Racial Discrimination In addition, this report will be useful to educational stakeholders in their quest for finding a lasting solution to the issues of educational attainment and racial discrimination. All these factors can be traced back to […]
- Discrimination by Appearance in the USA To be more precise, it is possible to say that the is more irritated by the fact that being a white woman is not treated inappropriate way, while the problem of race discrimination is not […]
- Rodney King’s Case of Racial Discrimination King was brutally beaten by officers belonging to the Los Angeles Police Department after a car chase that resulted in a court case in which the officers involved were charged and acquitted for assault. The […]
- Homosexual Discrimination in Our Society: Causes and Effects The rejection of homosexuality by different communities portrays that people want to keep their traditions, and they consider homosexuality as a threat to their stability and survival.
- Girls Discrimination in the Modern Educational System Girls need more attention in the classroom because the gender gap in the learning environments is still significant and leads to prejudice and because it is necessary to support the girls’ confidence and ability to […]
- Effects of Discrimination in the Workplace Where an organization has a policy that requires all employees to be examined in a certain way before they can be promoted, the examination process must be seen to be transparent and fair to all […]
- Racial Discrimination in Social Institutions The problem though with this particular concept that was being espoused was that after digging a little deeper into the article and examining the context of the situation, it can be seen that the development […]
- Negative Aspects of Discrimination at the Workplace Any employee who is treated unfairly at the workplace because of his or her race is said to be a victim of racial discrimination.
- Discrimination of Women and Minorities in Firms Furthermore, the authors of this article present an easy breakdown of cases that involve women and minorities on one hand and financial services on the other.
- Racial Discrimination and Its Effects on Employees Racial discrimination will lead to reduced commitment to the organization by the affected employee. Due to racial discrimination, the chances of employees from minority groups advancing in the organization are reduced.
- The US Government and Discrimination with Muslims The following are some concrete illustrations on how Muslims have been discriminated against in the United States of America after 9/11 attack.
- Prejudice and Discrimination Reduction Prospects Famed as the conflict theory, this situation to a large extent results in the springing up of these social ills since one group of individuals tends to believe that they are better than the others […]
- Jerrell Shofner’s Views on the Racial Discrimination Thus, the illegal treatment of the colored workers, their oppression, and the issue of the forced labor in relation to the absence of payments, the developed system of fines, the impossibility to break the agreement, […]
- Price Discrimination Concept in Economics Price discrimination is the resultant price of selling same commodities at different prices to different people by the same trader; the trader basis his prices of perception, quantity sold, location, buyer’s social status and social […]
- Discrimination Complaint and the Litigation Process The mediation session is conducted by a professional with the aim of informally settling the dispute by helping the parties to identify the source of conflict and a possible resolution for the conflict.
- Anthem by Ayn Rand: Discrimination Theme In the book, the theme of liberty is presented as the opposite of discrimination, and there is a category representing liberty in this book.
- The Voting Rights Act and Racial Discrimination However, the very nature of a constitution as a legal document implies that its main aim is to outline the most important underlying concepts and principles that the society should be guided by.
- Does Racism and Discrimination Still Exist Today? This fact explains why racism and discrimination are inseparable in many parts of the globe. Sex discrimination continues to affect the goals and expectations of many women in our society.
- Eli Lilly & Company’s Discrimination Class Action In requesting the presiding judge to grant a class-action status to the lawsuit, the attorney and plaintiffs have sought to enjoin in the case all Lilly employees who have been victims of racial discrimination and […]
- Car Pricing and Discrimination in Chicago If the results of the study, including the names of the dealers and their locations, are made public, the entrepreneurs may lose many customers.
- Discrimination in the USA: Cases and Policies Discrimination affects the victims to the extent that they are not able to participate fully in a group, or they are not able to behave the way they should in the group. The movement was […]
- Colorblindness as a Reason for Workplace Discrimination The case of the colorblind painter dramatizes the problem of colorblindness. The article describes the ordeal of a successful painter traumatized by the impact of a disorder that affected his life and the way he […]
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination at the Workplace The assumption in the process of data collection is that the observations made in the field will guide the conduct of the study.
- US Teachers’ Rights, Dismissal, and Discrimination First of all, the principal violates the First Amendment since she deprives the woman of her freedom of expression and the ability to speak freely.
- Workplace Discrimination: Data Collection Methods Discrimination in the workplace is one of the issues that affect many organizations in modern American society. However, the truth is that discrimination is yet to be eliminated in American society.
- Women’s Difference: Sex Discrimination Whereas Dworkin provides a very personal and emotional account of how persisting inequality affects women’s lives, MacKinnon presents a conceptual analysis of the current approaches to gender equality.
- Racism and Discrimination in Religion Context It is based on these passages, as well as numerous others, that the stance of the church has been one of tolerance of differences, the celebration of the unique and the acceptance that we are […]
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination Issue at the Workplace Moreover, the Employment Non-Discrimination Act is a statute that aims at banning any form of discrimination against people based on their sexual orientations.
- BMW Group’s Pricing Strategy and Discrimination Therefore, the company makes use of this strategy to leverage its products in the market. This strategy is commonly used before the launch of a new product.
- Muslims in the US: Prejudice and Discrimination In the United States, for instance, the whites discriminate the black people to shield them from political positions, access to employment and health services, and other opportunities that are freely and easily accessible to the […]
- Stereotyping and Discrimination in Advertising This tool is the advertising industry that plays an integral part in raising the standards in the way of living on a global scale.
- Prejudice and Discrimination What I can say about myself is that being in a group while studying the nature of bias and discrimination was a useful experience.
🎓 Good Research Topics about Discrimination
- Gender Discrimination in History and Nowadays In literature, especially in the works of Greek philosophers, there is a striking discrepancy in the perceptions of women’s place and homosexuality. Women were regarded as the devil’s seed, and the criteria to classify a […]
- Employment Discrimination and Equal Opportunities The story of one woman is proof of how gender discrimination in the workplace remains to be a problem. As this site is a “.gov” type, all information should be approved by the government and […]
- Discrimination and Profiling in “Crash” Movie The researches have also demonstrated that the problem of racial profiling has the worst consequences on the children and the youth.
- Workplace Discrimination Complaints Thus, the commission will be able to determine the type of discrimination and inform John on the relevant deadlines for his filing the complaint.
- Diversity and Discrimination in Hiring Process In addition, hiring a person from a race that is not represented in the community in which the company operates may be a problem.
- California Real Estate Discrimination These acts include the real estate license law, the Fair Employment and Housing Act, the Housing Financial Discrimination Act, and the Unruh Civil Rights Act among the federal laws.Mr.
- Racial Discrimination in Employment in the US Another problem is that some individuals believe that it is necessary to make sure that additional measures of safety are taken in case people of color are present in the workplace.
- Discrimination in Lending Practices This paper focuses on this issue and explains a number of aspects of issues such as the regulations and the types of discrimination.
- White Police’s Discrimination Against Black People Biased views of the police officers towards blacks and discrimination on them are often caused by the environment, in which all people are brought up.
- Hate Crimes and Anti-Discrimination Laws Some of the explanations behind individuals and organizations engaging in hate crimes encompass nervousness, panic, and insufficient capacity to cater to the necessities of their family members coupled with a strong desire to harm the […]
- Age Discrimination and Workplace Segregation In the United States, the age discrimination in the workplace is prohibited according to the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, but the forms of “hidden” discrimination can be observed about the treatment of “both the […]
- Discrimination Causes, Effects and Types As shown in the above definition, discrimination is unjust because it involves classifying a given group of people based on characteristics that make them look unfit to be part of the rest of the group.
- Direct, Intentional, Institutional Discrimination According to Cohen and Swim, overt discrimination is practiced by many organizations in the world. Covert discrimination refers to the concealed imbalanced and damaging treatment of women.
- Discrimination During the Recruitment Process The recruitment stage is the point at which employers evaluate candidates and make decisions on the acceptability of the individual in the labor market.
- Workplace Discrimination and Legislation in the US Therefore, attempts to discriminate employees by firing them, not because they are unable to deliver on their job mandates, but based on the context of their disability, genetic information discrimination, retaliation, or physical attractiveness breaches […]
- Hate Groups as Drivers of Discrimination According to the hate map of the United States from the Southern Poverty Law Center, the largest amount of hate groups is spread over the states of California, Florida, Texas, and Georgia.
- Weight Discrimination and Beauty Prejudice in the HRM It should be noted, though, that the identified change in the corporate policy will also require a change in the social standards, as well as the perception of people with weight issue in the society.
- Discrimination Against Refugees in a New Country However, the report argues that the educational interventions are particularly important because of their ability to affect attitudes and the lack of awareness, which appear to be the major reasons for the existence of discrimination.
- Employee Discrimination and Legal Protection The problem the Act addresses it that in the face of high productivity of young employees, older workers may fail to retain their positions or to find a new job in case they feel disadvantaged […]
- AIDS Discrimination in the “Philadelphia” Movie “Philadelphia” is the film that appeared on the screens at the end of the 20th century. He is a lawyer, who copes with his duties easily and is known as one of the best professionals.
- Discrimination Against Women and Men of Different Races And it did so, as the Supreme Court later held, “because of race,” a conclusion that caused the Court to overturn the decision and order promotion of the plaintiffs.
- Sports: Discrimination, Match-Fixing and Doping The complexity of management problems that determine the nature of practical changes for the area under consideration at all the levels of the government require new approaches to improve the effectiveness of sports management.
- Race-Norming and Discrimination Issues The first reason is that the strategy inhibits the development of new solutions to the major problems affecting disadvantaged racial groups and other members of society.
- Gender, Size Discrimination and Fatphobia The issue of fatphobia, fat-shaming, and the societal perceptions of excessive weight is covered in “Size 6: The Western Woman’s Harem” by Fatema Mernissi and “Ideal Weight/Ideal Women: Society Constructs the Female” by Nita Mary […]
- Classism as a Complex Issue of Discrimination Classism is not an issue that affects just a small sector of the population. To facilitate justice in society, the issue of classism needs to be studied.
- Australian Anti-Discrimination Acts and Their Provision While several policies have been established to help fight discrimination in Australia, the next section focuses only on the Sex Discrimination Act of 1984 and the Affirmative Act of 1986.
- Gender Discrimination and Shared Responsibility Therefore, it is of great importance to address the mentioned challenge, and one of the solutions lays in the education of women.
- Racial Bias and Discrimination in Law Enforcement After reading the letter to the US Department of Justice and Civil Rights Division, in particular, the findings from the investigation of the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office are defined as compelling and credible sources of […]
- Fair Treatment and Discrimination in the Workplace The cost for this approach will be high since the company will have to construct pavements, stairways, and natural support systems to meet the needs of such employees.
- The Problem of Discrimination Against the LGBT Community Subsequent stages of work in this direction can include the following steps: Making a presentation on the topic of the equality of people regardless of their religious, racial, and sexual background.
- Racial Discrimination in Employment This discussion focuses on the issues surrounding the problem of racial discrimination in the workplace. The main law that illegalizes this kind of discrimination is Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Positive Discrimination of Women in Hiring and Promotion Saudi Arabia is an absolute monarchy in which the King is the head of the country, the commander-in-chief of the army, and the President of Majlis Al-Shura, the consultative assembly.
- The Equal Opportunities Approach and Discrimination The aim of this paper is to discuss the extent to which the EO approach helps to eradicate workplace discrimination in all its complex forms.
- Racial Discrimination Forms Against Afro-Americas The unfortunate racist quality to the functioning of the system of criminal justice in the U.S. As a result, the intensity of racial riots in the U.S.continues to rise.
- Workplace Gender Equality and Discrimination Laws Gender equality in the workplace is also important to achieve competitive benefits, as well as a complex and competitive worldwide economy.
- Discrimination and Employee Performance Studies The potential conflict between the researcher and research user is that the study was unable to establish the direct link between different gender and level of discrimination.
- Racial Discrimination in Australian Society My sincerity and conviction on the issue of racial slurs convinced him that I was a champion of human rights, especially the rights of the minorities in the society.
- Discrimination in Admissions The effort to equalize education opportunities in learning institutions has resulted in the inclusion of a form of affirmative action that seeks to consider disadvantaged groups such as the non-whites and women.
- Prejudice and Discrimination in Diverse Organizations Prejudice, discrimination and stereotyping are common in an organization and each one of them has its effects which directly or indirectly influence an organization.
- Religious Discrimination in the Workplace It is necessary for the organization’s management to make decisions that are rational and logical so as to ensure that some members of a group do not feel excluded just because they do not belong […]
📝 Simple & Easy Discrimination Essay Titles
- The Effects of Labor Market Discrimination The most important elements of the discussion include wage determination, immigration and labor force participation, and the effects of labor market discrimination on employees and their wages.
- Legal and Ethical Issues: Discrimination Remedy Using reverse discrimination can strike the balance between the white populations presenting the majority in business organizations of the United States and the minority groups.
- Bias and Discrimination in Early Childhood Care Centers One of the white children in John’s classroom asks one of the black children why his skin is so dirty for the whole class to hear.
- Employment Discrimination and Law Amendment The proposed solution to this problem implies that the government adopts a law amendment in accordance with the aspects of the FEHA Act, which obliges employers to refrain from committing the repetitive employee offense in […]
- Evian and Aquafina Waters: Stimulus Discrimination Concept The brand of water called Aquafina has a few characteristics that distinguish this product as the one that lies under the same category of goods as luxurious ones.
- Robert Senske vs Sybase Inc: Labor Discrimination Case Later, this case was transferred to the Court of Appeals because the plaintiff did not accept the decision of the district court.
- Price Discrimination and Psychological Techniques This knowledge will make it easier for the business to have the most attractive prices in the region. The business strategy adopted by the small business should also be used to identify the best prices.
- Gender Discrimination in the United States Although the principle of equality is proclaimed as the democratic value in the USA, the gender differences are still accentuated with references to the woman’s role in the society and woman’s participation in the activities […]
- Immigrant Employment Issues and Discrimination It is the question of foreign citizens who quite often face the problem of unemployment and are compelled to be arranged on unprofitable posts in order to earn for living.
- Prejudice and Discrimination in Policing For instance, racial profiling often results in misjudging the level of danger of encounter based on the race of the perpetrator.
- Gender Discrimination on Birth Stage There has been a controversial debate over the years on the decline of men due to the emphasis on women’s empowerment.
- Rights, Equity and the State: Sexual Orientation and Discrimination For example, in 1948, homosexuality was indeed included in ICD as a sexual deviation, and only the studies of the last half of the previous century managed to prove the fact that it is not […]
- Stereotyping, Prejudice and Discrimination: Social Influence After the events of the 9/11 and other terror attacks, many people in Europe and the United States developed a stereotype that all Muslim people are terrorists, which led to prejudice and discrimination.
- Organizational Behavior: Group Size and Discrimination When the size of a group increases, it becomes more intricate to coordinate the input of all the members effectively, and this might decrease people’s inspiration to contribute to the collective undertakings.
- Institutions and Gender Discrimination Issues In addition, parents buy clothes and toys that reflect gender issues in society and this contributes to the development of gendered stereotypes.
- Lawsuits on Religious Discrimination The authors of the article, “Two New Lawsuits Seek to Stop Discrimination against Religion” begin by acknowledging that most of the small towns in the country are usually unable to establish and sustain public high […]
- Poverty, Stratification and Gender Discrimination The purpose of this paper is to analyze the effects of poverty on people and the perception of stratification and discrimination through the prism of functionalism and conflict theory.
- Consumer Welfare and Price Discrimination While the possibility of purchasing goods for a lower price may seem attractive to many potential customers, the extent of actual usage depends on the amount of time and effort required for such a deal.
- Discrimination Against Women and Immigrants at Work The case of the newly hired employee, who faces discrimination against women and immigrants, is a subject to the violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- A Conduct Parameter Model of Price Discrimination Price discrimination denotes the process of charging unlike prices for a comparable item to different customers, which is not because of variations in the cost of supply.
- The Limits of Price Discrimination In this aspect, it is apparent that there has to be some extent of monopoly for firms to have the capacity to influence the market price.
- “‘Diversity’ Looks a Lot Like Old-Fashioned Discrimination” the Article by Michael Blechman The author of the selected article begins by indicating that he was barred from working in one of the top law firms in the 1960s despite being a Harvard Law School student.
- Prejudice and Discrimination Among Students The goal of this study is to investigate the peculiarities of prejudicial and discriminatory treatment among students and explain their correlation with anxiety and depression.
💯 Free Discrimination Essay Topic Generator
for your paper in no time!