Salesforce is an American company founded in 1999 by Mark Benioff and Parker Harris. Salesforce is a cloud computing company whose customer relationship management (CRM) service comprises numerous categories including service cloud, data cloud, app cloud, analytics, sales cloud, and Internet of Things. The company has more than 17, 000 employees, and is ranked number 23 on the Fortune 100 best companies to work for. Its headquarters are located in The Landmark San Francisco, California. Mark Benioff is the chairman and CEO, while his co-founder, Parker Harris, is the executive vice president of technology. The purpose of this memo is to explain why Salesforce is a good employment choice. Fortune included Salesforce on the top 100 list because the company offers onsite childcare, discounted gym memberships, compressed workweeks, job sharing, telecommuting, onsite medical care facility, health insurance to part-time workers, college tuition reimbursement, and onsite fitness center.
We will write a custom Coursework on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For specifically for you
807 certified writers online
Mission and goals
The mission of Salesforce is to use its technology, pope, and resources to improve communities across the globe by encouraging other companies to adopt its 1-1-1 model. Its goals include encouraging customers to embrace major innovations in their businesses, providing the most trusted and safe cloud in regard to data security, making Salesforce agile by providing platforms that serve customers’ business needs, improve clients’ businesses by developing core technologies, and providing high quality customer service. The company believes that its success is predicated on the success of its customers. Salesforce also aims to use its innovative technologies to grow into one of the best software companies in the world by providing groundbreaking cloud services in various areas.
Reasons to work at Salesforce
- The company promotes equality for all. The firm has a diverse workforce and has created a culture that values and respects employees from all cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Salesforce has an integrated corporate philanthropy model known as the 1-1-1 model. It involves giving one percent of its time, products, and profits to needy people in communities around the world. Giving back to communities is a great corporate social reasonability strategy.
- The company has an open communication policy that ensures that employees communicate openly with customers. This policy facilitates the creation of relationships that are based on trust.
- Salesforce has a strong mission that is founded on the goal of using its products, technology, and people to improve the lives of people in communities around the world. In that regard, the company creates a public mission statement annually to improve accountability and stay focused.
- Employees have a purpose that animates their work, and it involves helping their customers succeed in their businesses.
- Innovation is one of the company’s core values. Employees pursue ideas that have the potential to bring change to the company, the country, and the world.
- Salesforce has a wellness program that helps employees perform better and produce more. The Wellness Reimbursement Program allows employees to spend $100 monthly on their activities of choice.
- Working at the company is fun because they only hire passionate and talented people. Attainment of goals is highly valued. Therefore, there is a celebration whenever goals are reached. This makes working toward goals achievement fun, engaging and meaningful.
Salesforce is one of the fastest growing and innovative technology companies in the world. It has an organizational culture that embraces diversity, values its employees and customers, and promotes values such as transparency and trust. Its mission statement, philanthropic program, wellness program, and focus on employee welfare are some of the reasons why Salesforce is a good employment choice. Working at Salesforce provides personal and professional fulfillment because customer and employee welfare are the company’s main focus points.