We will write a custom Essay on Human Development in the Ecological Context specifically for you
301 certified writers online
There are four main systems that promote human development and influence human possibilities and awareness of the world around. Each variable in the system affects a child’s life and development of values and beliefs. My life is the combination of four main elements: my family, the interactions with people around, the surroundings, and cultural values developed by people.
The microsystem has a positive influence on a person because it creates the required number of opportunities, social support, and examples that help to become a personality. I was born in one of the most beautiful places in the world, the coastal province of China, Guangdong. I have a good family including my grandparents, parents, and three brothers. Though I spent the most of my life in boarding schools, my caregivers provided me with the required portion of support and understanding. My friends helped to realize and develop my passion to soccer and books. Besides, I find it interesting to watch movies and make photographs and discuss others’ opinions. The main influences of this system vary considerably. I realize that, being a part of the microsystem, a child learns how to develop appropriate
- social relations,
- participate in activities,
- improve and recognize cognitive skills,
- develop physical skills,
- understand personal success and failure,
- create a number of values,
- observe the examples of other people,
- classify treatments,
- make conclusions,
- realize what steps should be taken at the moment.
The mesosystem includes the interactions between people in my life. Indirect influences could be observed: the creation of opportunities, social support, examples, success and failures of other people, and the events that change human lives.
The exosystem is the combination of all settings and places a person could exist in. A boarding kindergarten and schools have a significant impact on me. I learned how to
- survive under certain conditions,
- co-exist with different people,
- use my skills and knowledge,
- share and prove my opinion,
- make friends,
- treat enemies,
- choose phrases,
- organize personal time,
- deal with social isolation,
- neglect the threats of social interactions with the help of hobbies and personal interests.
I like the way I was educated and treated by parents. I think that children have to be put in certain surrounding and learn how to deal with all types of situations regarding personal abilities and the possibilities to ask for help or some piece of advice.
Finally, there is the macrosystem that defines the cultural environment a person has to live in and deal with its influences. Though this system is abstract, its influences cannot be neglected because they touch upon the development of
- personal values,
- explanation of beliefs and expectations,
- understanding of religion,
- following the governmental rules and standards,
- combination of education and income,
- spiritual development,
- socio-economic status,
- evaluation of past and present issues,
- importance of future achievements,
- clarification of the goals that make a life complete.
Interactions between Systems
Each system of this impressive chronosystem has its role on a person. The interrelations between these systems provide a person with a chance to understand how to organize personal thoughts, create goals, and take the steps that correspond to the social standards and expectations. As soon as a person understands the peculiarities of one system, it is easy to cope with the challenges of another system and achieve success as the part of the chronosystem.