Ocean Spray manufactures high-quality products, but the company does not fully illustrate the benefits that it can offer to the clients. At present, this organisation has to struggle with the competition staged by private labels and premium producers. Nevertheless, there are certain opportunities that are available to the company. In particular, management should make better use of information technologies that enable businesses to target a greater number of people. The marketing strategies of this business should highlight the health benefits of cranberry juice, especially the prevention of cancer and heart diseases.
We will write a custom Essay on Ocean Spray Company’s SWOT and Marketing Strategy specifically for you
807 certified writers online
The challenges faced by Ocean Spray can be better examined with the help of SWOT analysis since this method can throw light on the internal and external environment of this company.
- The company produces high-quality products that are richer in juice, especially in comparison with many private labels.
- At present, Ocean Spray is one of the largest companies producing cranberry juice. In this particular market segment, the company occupies the dominant position.
- Currently, the marketing strategies of the company do not enable the management to increase clients’ awareness about this brand. For instance, the packaging manufactured by the company cannot effectively capture the attention of customers (Landa, 2010, p. 286). This is one of the issues that should be addressed by the management.
- The organisation has not been able to highlight the benefit of their products. Therefore, many clients do not know why they should buy cranberry juice.
- The company has not identified its target audience. In particular, they should pay attention to the lifestyles of these people, their values, beliefs, and dietary habits.
- The management should consider the use of the Internet because the media enables businesses to advertise their products and retail them. Overall, information technologies enable businesses to target a greater number of potential clients.
- Currently, many customers prefer to buy food products that can reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancer. In turn, cranberry juice is useful for preventing these problems (Boyle & Roth, 2012, p. 266).
- Among the main threats, one should first mention the growing concerns about the health effects of beverages containing sugar.
- Secondly, it is important to consider the increased competition staged by other businesses, especially private labels that usually set lower prices. Additionally, there are some premium producers such as Del Monte, Grove Farm, and Tropicana. This is one of the main threats that should be singled out.
- The management should also keep in mind that modern customers prefer to buy juices that have sophisticated flavours.
The marketing strategy of this company should lay stress on the benefits of the cranberry juice. It should be mentioned that it contains components reducing the growth of cancer cells (Boyle & Roth, 2012, p. 266). Furthermore, this juice is useful for minimizing the risks of heart diseases (Boyle & Roth, 2012, p. 266). So, one should not suppose that it only prevents urinary tract infections. By emphasising these benefits, the company can attract a greater number of customers. In turn, it is necessary to use the Internet as the main channel through which the company should communicate with clients. For instance, the commercials can be placed at various social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube. Moreover, the company can produce a documentary film describing the way in which their cranberry juice is produced. These are the main recommendations that can be distinguished.
Boyle, M., & Roth, S. (2012). Personal Nutrition. New York, NY: Cengage Learning.
Landa, R. (2010). Graphic Design Solutions. New York, NY: Cengage Learning.