Passionately committed to integrating the jail inmates into the mainstream of society, so that the jail time is not merely seen as a time spent in a detention center but it is experienced more as an opportunity to reform.
We will write a custom Essay on People Lives Improvement in the Cedarville County Jail specifically for you
301 certified writers online
- Keeping the inmates under strict vigil, so that no antisocial element can take undue advantage of the situation.
- Preserve the jail boundaries in compliance with the duties and responsibilities expected from it as a component of law enforcing mechanism.
- Taking care of the security and safety concerns of jail inmates as well as the jail workers.
- Providing the jail inmates an opportunity to reform so that they become better citizens once they are out of the jail.
- Putting in place a robust accountability mechanism so that the resources are not misappropriated by the officials and used only for justified purposes.
- Provide a facelift to the image of the jail, so that it gradually changes from ‘macho’ to more of a reform center.
- Doing away with the drug and alcohol abuse problems prevalent within the jail premises.
- Provide opportunities to the juvenile offenders for education and career-building.
- Taking inputs from experts and professional institutions to manage the programs for juvenile offenders.
- Provide counseling to the inmates who feel demoralized or de-motivated, so that they don’t fall into the category of repeat offenders.
- Assessing and analyzing the reasons behind the crimes committed by first-time offenders and preparing an objective and periodic report for the authorities to make appropriate changes in the legal framework or the policies. This will help in reducing the numbers of second-time offenders.
- Putting in place a feedback mechanism and making an objective assessment of the inputs received.
- Passing on the requisite feedback to the government, so that the government finds due justification in sanctioning more funds and resources for the jail administration.
- Implementing the desired changes in such a manner that the inmates or the employees do not feel unduly intimidated. If they start viewing the changes as intimidating steps, there would be efforts to resist the moves.
- Evaluate the need, timing, and viability of providing training courses to the jail employees.
- To make judicious use of the revenue and resources provided by the government from time to time.
- Aiming towards improving people’s lives.