- HHHA provides home-based medical care.
- Targets adults and the aged in New Mexico and Arizona.
- Aims to restore health and reduce adverse effects.
- Services include Tele-health, go steady, speech therapy etc. Marketed through advertisement.
- Services are provided occasionally and continuously.
- Comprised of highly skilled registered practitioners (Heritage Home Healthcare and Hospice, 2013).
Heritage Home Healthcare Agency provides home based care to adults and the aged people in New Mexico and Arizona with the aim of restoring and reducing the adverse effects of diseases or disabilities. It offers services such as tele-health, go steady, speech therapy, physical therapy which is marketed through advertisement.
We will write a custom Presentation on Strategic Plan-Heritage Home Healthcare Agency (HHHA) specifically for you
807 certified writers online
Help the organization meet its objectives:
- To improve the quality of its services.
- To expand its market share.
- To improve the productivity of its employees.
- To reduce the cost of its services.
- To achieve the organization’s financial stability.
The strategic plan of an organization is of vital significance in meeting its objectives. The HHHA strategic plan serves to improve service quality, employee productivity, expand market share, reduce service cost and to maintain its financial stability.
- To be the leading regional provider of quality home health services, recognized for uncompromising dedication to the provision of comprehensive, professional, and compassionate care (Heritage Home Healthcare and Hospice, 2013).
- Describes desired future of the organization.
- Describes community expectation of the organization.
- Specifies organization’s long term objectives.
- Inspires staff and community support to the organization.
The vision of an organization helps in formulating and implementing its strategic plan. This is because it specifies the long term objectives and the desired future of the organization. Additionally, it specifies the expectation of the community as well as inspires the community to support the organization.
- “To be creative, innovative, and a trendsetter in health care delivery, offering challenging and dynamic employment opportunities, encouraging and supporting the talents and energies of our staff and managing the company in a profitable manner” (Heritage Home Healthcare and Hospice, 2013, p. 1).
- Describes the purpose of an organization.
- Indicates organization’s stand to achieve its mandate.
- Indicates organization’s current operations in its mandate.
- Specifies organization’s activities necessary to achieve its vision.
Likewise the vision, the organization’s mission is instrumental in coming up with its strategic plan. The HHHA mission elaborates organization’s purpose, current operations and activities as well as its stand in achieving its mandate and vision.
- Core values: creativity, excellence, integrity, and respect
- Describes organization’s core ideology in its operations.
- Guides execution process of the organization’s mission.
- Guides the organization’s operational culture.
Core values of an organization are another relevant factor in creating the strategic plan. HHHA core values are creativity, excellence, integrity and respect. This helps to describe its operations ideology, guide the execution of its mission process and its operational culture at large.
- Professionally skilled registered nurses.
- Effective human resource management.
- Effective information and communication technology.
- Cost-effective and high quality services.
- Developed technology and ICT systems.
- Competition from other home based health care providers.
Furthermore, environment scanning can not be ignored in creating an organizations strategic plan. It stipulates the strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities of an organization. HHHA boosts of a professionally skilled workforce, effective human resource and ICT system, and quality and cost-effective services. The developed technology and ICT system opens its doors to expansion. Besides this, there is high competition in home-based care provision.
Strategy Plan Setting
- Developed using alignment and Kotter’s 8-step change models (Sadler, 2003, p. 78).
- Creating an agency for change.
- Developing a vision for change.
- Communicating the vision to members of the organization.
- Eliminating obstacles and creating short-term wins.
- Building on the change and incorporating the change in the organizational culture (Hill & Jones, 2009).
This slide elaborates the setting of HHHA strategic plan. The plan is developed using two models; alignment and Kotter’s 8-step change models. This aims to create an agency for change; develop a vision and communicate it to members; eliminate obstacles by creating short-term wins; and building on the change as well as incorporating it in HHHA.
- Increase in the number of customers.
- Changes in the regulatory charges.
- The cost regime of the organization.
- Revenues sources mainly from services fees.
- Cost inherent for staff salaries.
- Miscellaneous and contingencies (Hansen, Mowen & Guan, 2007).
Budget is usually crucial in the strategic planning of an organization. The considerations which HHHA makes its budget planning is about the increase in customers, changes in regulatory charges and its cost regime. Moreover, the budget elements are also considered, that is, the revenue sources, staff salaries and the miscellaneous.
- The quality of products and services.
- The billing for the services per visit.
- The qualification of its staff.
- Provision and monitoring of services.
- Number of visitations.
- The outcome of the care provided.
Finally, customer feedback is essential in strategic planning. The HHHA feedback is based on the quality of its services, billing of its services, qualification of its staff, provision, monitoring and delivery of its services, and ultimately its outcome.
- Strategic planning is of vital importance.
- It aligns the organization’s objectives to its vision and mission.
- HHHA extensively relied on strategic planning.
Hansen, D. Mowen, M. & Guan, L. (2007). Cost Management: Accounting & Control. New York: South-Western Pub.
Heritage Home Healthcare and Hospice. (2013). About Us. Web.
Hill, C. & Jones, G. (2009). Strategic Management Theory: An Integrated Approach. Florence, KY: Cengage Learning.
Sadler, P. (2003). Strategic Management. New York: McGraw-Hill.