History of the hospital
King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre (KFSH&RC) is a private institution that was established by King Faisal of Saudi Arabia in 1970. The institution’s headquarters are located in Riyadh. Over the years, the firm has managed to develop an effective global reputation. The institution is headed by a board of directors with the current chairman of the board being the Minister of Health H.E Abdulla Al Rabeeah (Academic Training Affairs 3).
We will write a custom Report on King Faisal Specilaist Hospital’s Quality specifically for you
301 certified writers online
Mission, vision, and values
The institution is committed to providing its clients with specialized and healthcare services. Additionally, the firm is committed to operating as a center of excellence by providing educational opportunities to different students for example by undertaking medical research within the institution (King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre para. 1).
The institution’s vision is to establish itself as the global leader in the provision of healthcare services in addition to operating as a center of excellence.
KFSH&RC appreciates the fact that values drive culture. In an effort to nurture a high-performance culture within the institution, KFSH&RC has integrated a number of values that the employees are required to adhere to in the course of executing their duties. These values include:
The institution appreciates the importance of providing optimal service to patients and therefore puts their needs first.
To attain efficiency and effectiveness in its operation, the institution has integrated the concept of teamwork. This has significantly contributed to the sharing of wisdom and knowledge amongst team members.
The institution strives to attain excellence by providing high-quality services, innovation, and creativity.
In its operation, the firm ensures that its employees display various characteristics such as being trustworthy, transparent, truthful, and equitable and adhere to high ethical standards.
The firm ensures that the patients, their families, and other team members are treated with the highest level of kindness and dignity.
Organizational structure and the department’s adherence to quality
The institution has a well-developed organizational structure that is composed of four main divisions which include medical, patient, pharmacy, and clinical services. In addition, the firm has a number of departments as illustrated by the chart below.
To enhance the attainment of its vision and mission, the institution has integrated the concept of quality control. Each department is responsible for the institution’s attainment of quality.
- Clinical audit- The department conducts appraisals and furnishes the clinical staff with a comprehensive analysis, comments, and recommendations for improvement.
- Morbidity and Mortality department- The department ensures that the hospital offers quality services to patients for example by providing effective anesthesia during surgical operations. The resultant effect is that the department has successfully been able to improve the patient’s condition before surgery hence reducing mortality.
- Quality and organizational management- The department has established quality standards that all employees are required to adhere to when executing their duties. With regard to organization, the institution has instituted an effective reporting relationship amongst the various departments.
- Nursing-The nursing department is committed to helping clients to their satisfaction. Additionally, the department also strives to maintain a high level of professional accountability to all.
- Infection Control Department- The department undertakes infection surveillance on the various services offered by the institution. The department is also committed to minimizing the rate of infection through the transmission of micro-organisms.
- Pathology and Laboratory-The department is committed to providing diverse clinical services in order to attain quality testing of patients using modern technology. The department is composed of a multinational team that undertakes a comprehensive analysis of data so as to aid in diagnosis and treatment.
Conclusion and recommendation
From the above analysis, it is evident that KFSH&RC is committed to attaining quality in its operation. To achieve this, the firm should incorporate quality models such as Total Quality Management.
Academic Training Affairs. Postgraduate medical training programs: King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre. 2010. Web.
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre. Our hospitals. 2012. Web.