Special Education Lesson Plan (Academic Lesson Plan 9th grade)
Name of Activity: English/Language Arts Lesson.
We will write a custom Essay on Lesson Plan: English/Language Arts Lesson specifically for you
807 certified writers online
Materials, Resources, and Educational Technology Needed:
- Computer with projector for PowerPoint presentation and internet access
- Text-To-Speech Assistive Tools
- Sound-Field Systems
- Proofreading software
- Pens and notebooks
- The learner will be able to recognize the English Language’s power by applying different figures of speech to enable them appreciate the fluent language.
- The learner will be able to decipher sentences as they are used in writing by illustrating themes of the text to help them fully understand the thoughts of the writer.
- The learner will be able to demonstrate effective command of grammar as used in verbal or written English by writing and communicating using correct grammatical sentences to show mastery of the language.
Grade Level CA Content Standards Addressed
- Read and understand what the passage states, make logical references from the piece, and back the conclusion by citing specific evidence from the story.
- Determine the main themes of a piece and analyze the development of the articles.
- Analyze why and how people, activities, and concepts develop and interact throughout a paragraph.
Vocabulary or Concepts
- Speech – The ability to express feelings and ideas through sound – It will be addressed when the students will be participating in class discussion by answering the questions
- Reading – The ability to internalize and make sense out of a text – This will be addressed during group discussion by asking the learner to summarize the text through speech
- Text – a written piece – This will be addressed during assessments by asking the learner to answer case study questions
- Vocabulary – new words that have special meaning in a text- This will be addressed during recap activities by asking the students to reinstate the new words
Differentiation and UDL Strategies Needed for This Lesson
|Differentiation||Universal Design for Learning (UDL)|
| || |
Depth of Knowledge Level
- Level 1: Recall & Reproduction – The activities at this stage include asking the questions, and the students are expected to respond
- Level 2: Skills & Concepts – The teacher will present PowerPoint presentations while the students complete the assignments and demonstrate the use of knowledge.
- Level 3: Strategic Thinking & Reasoning – The teacher will use a case study for students to think deeply about the scenario.
- Level 4: Extended Thinking – The teacher will evaluate the students after formulating and creating grammatically correct sentences.
|Lesson Components||Time |
|Anticipatory Set/Activating Background Knowledge||45 minutes|| |
|45 minutes|| |
|Structured Practice||45 minutes|| |
|Guided practice||45 minutes|| |
|Independent Practice||45 minutes|| |
Information will include:
|Review/Conclusion||45 minutes|| |
|Evaluation/Assessment||45 minutes|| |
|Student Name||IEP Goal||Opportunity||Data|
|A||follow a 2-step direction (I/P)||Writing a simple sentence |
Conducting an interview and writing about it
|B||Communication of physical feeling||Able to describe the state of the bod: hot, cold, itchy, and tired||–+–|
|C||Following the steps outlined in a task analysis||Composing and sending an e-mail to a family member, which includes at least one statement and one question, with 80% accuracy||—-|