Defining the boundaries of creativity
- Thesis: New genres and paradigms promote creativity.
- The driving forces of creativity:
- another person or necessity;
- Mere curiosity.
- People derive pleasure while creating new perceptions and dimensions of a specific object or phenomenon (Chipp 38).
- A person is always interested in seeking ways to change perception.
- Creativity is not a value added to other persons’ thoughts and pictures, but an artistic pieces attracting and entertaining people.
The aim of this presentation is to outline the new dimensions of human creativity as well as analyze how perception can contribute to enhancing creativity. Such a perspective can provide a new understanding of what creativity is. Judging from the slide about, it is a multidimensional concepts that is based on driving forces, as well as certain external factors, such as people’s interest in a specific idea.
We will write a custom Presentation on Perception and Creativity of New Paradigms and Genres Contribute to Creativity specifically for you
807 certified writers online
Tracing the history of creativity development
Drawings and paintings are basic principles of expressing human thoughts and ideas.
- a source of perpetual increase of genres (Stark 23);
- a means of incorporating genre features into one artistic piece;
- a tool of exhibiting person’s ability to embrace new paradigms and dimensions of art (Start 23);
- Creator indulges in painting to deliver a creative message to the audience.
So, when did the first attempts to expose creative emerge? Probably painting and drawing stand at the core of creativity because they are relevant to expressing human thoughts and ideas. Visual character of representation is a powerful source for discovering new paradigms and concepts. The definition and development of painting is represented in the slide.
Creativity as a Unique Skill
- Creativity is a unique skills which identifies a person’s ability to recognize and combine new paradigms and dimensions of an idea within the frames of existing genres (Hollingsworth 47).
- A creative person is able to promote unique techniques and approaches to deliver a unique message to the audience.
- The audience is the main evaluator of the extent of creativity of a creator.
- A creator should appreciate the new concepts created by other artist to be able to define whether his/her concepts are creative enough.
- A creator has to manipulate the audience and persuade that he/she possesses unique creative skills.
While exploring the boundaries and new conceptions of creativity, it can be concluded that people should have a unique vision of a specific phenomenon to be able to develop creative thinking. The interaction between creator, artistic piece, and audience is shown in this slide.
Development of Creativity
- Dynamic skills of creation
- Possibility to create new paradigms;
- Ability to keep pace with the development of other paradigms and expressions to be able to compete with those.
Creativity can be developed through a chain of phases that are shown on the chart above.
Chipp, Hellen. Theories of modern art, New York: Allyn and Bacon, 2008. Print.
Hollingsworth, Mill. Art in World History, New York: Allyn and Bacon, 2004. Print.
Stark, Joseph. Elements of Surrealist Practices in Contemporary Visual Art, Oxford: Oxford Press, 2010. Print.