Overview of the Event
The Washington DC Auto Show is always a huge event because it symbolizes the country’s boldest and brightest dreams of the automotive industry. The show is also an avenue to celebrate the industry’s growth and transformation.
We will write a custom Assessment on The Washington DC Auto Show specifically for you
301 certified writers online
Since 1921, the show has helped many companies come up with modern technologies and ideas thus making the industry successful. The purpose of the 2014 Auto Show was to promote public policy and tackle most of the issues affecting the automotive industry.
The annual event also promotes “relevance of automotives” and embraces new innovative technologies in the industry. The event also stimulates interest and goodwill. The event takes place annually as a way of celebrating new technologies and “strengths” in the automotive industry.
The show targets consumers, educationists, and manufacturers because they all have a role to play towards the success of the industry. On top of that, the DC Auto Show has always been a pivotal and prominent event because it presents the newest technologies in the industry.
The show also features interactive displays, exhibitions, entertainment, contests, and family activities. These help every visitor appreciate the latest automotive technologies.
I had the opportunity to experience the world of “automobiles” from a new dimension. Although the show takes place every single year, the 2014 Event was a breakthrough because it helped the targeted audience see and experience some of the latest technologies and engineering skills in the market.
The event gave me the chance to sample the latest car prototypes and “innovative” designs. The organizers adjudicated the event perfectly thus informing every visitor about the mission and vision. This explains why the issue of “Public Policy” was critical towards the success of the automobile industry.
I also interacted with different directors and engineers in order to get new insights about car engineering and design. The event was one of the best experiences for me.
That being the case, I engaged all my senses in order to get the best information and ideas about the show. I had to “look” at the displays carefully. I also had to “listen” to the speakers and hosts of the event.
The planners of the show had to put in place the best amenities and avenues to enhance the “perspective”. There were different information booths where visitors could get the needed guidelines and information. These booths made the event successful.
There were also various “stands” and “convenient points” to ensure every visitor felt at home. I also encountered different “flyers” informing the visitors about the mission and purpose of the 2014 DC Show.
Different “contests” and “interactive displays” made the show a memorable experience. There were also lots of exhibitions, advertisements, and entertainment thus making the event successful.
The idea to host the DC 2014 Auto Show must have been a major challenge for the planners. For instance, the planners had to secure the best avenues and invite different celebrities in order to make the event successful. The planners had to coordinate with various car manufacturers, engineers, experts, and legal advisers.
The planners had to consider the best security measures in order to make the event successful. It was also mandatory to communicate the event’s vision and mission to the targeted visitors.
Get your first paper with 15% OFF
The planners coordinated the stakeholders, prepared the best timetables, and accommodated every idea or advice from the experts. The planners must have also worked closely with different experts in various industries in order to make the show successful.
It is necessary for the planners to make the best decisions and budgetary allocations. It requires a lot of money to host this show. This explains why the planners must have spent much money. For instance, the planners had to invite various companies and car manufacturers.
The planners must have hired designers to create the best “stands” for exhibition and display. Security must have been a major concern for the planners. Personally, I believe the planners must have spent much money in order to make this event a success.
SWOT Analysis of the Event
The Washington DC 2014 Auto Show was a successful and memorable event. The show was a new opportunity for car manufacturers to display their “futuristic” technologies and engineering concepts.
The show managed to communicate to different lawmakers about the burning issues affecting the automotive industry. This SWOT Analysis examines the event from all four dimensions.
- The event enjoyed the expertise of experienced planners and coordinators.
- The organizers displayed over 700 car models thus making the show successful.
- The planners have staged this show since 1921. This makes it a celebrated event in Washington DC.
- The recurring theme of “automotive technology” makes every show a success.
- The planning and coordination at the event was a major strength.
- The event has always benefited from the “skills” and “ideas” of experts.
- The presence of policymakers, celebrities, comedians, and politicians made the event appreciable to many people.
- The use of modern ideas and strategies explains why the DC Auto Show is always a pivotal and prominent event.
- The organizers always allow visitors to take photographs of any memorable scenes or cars.
- The show targets visitors and policymakers from Washington DC. This explains why the event might not deliver its message to the other policymakers and engineers across the country.
- Some confusion occurred when the exhibitions began. Some car manufacturers raised concerns that other companies will copy their technological ideas.
- Some tensions and feelings of insecurity were evident because most of the visitors believed that the security measures were inadequate.
- Some of the coordinators and planners were unable to inform and educate the visitors about this show and the targeted goals or objectives.
- The planners did not allocate or coordinate most of the activities properly. For instance, many people encountered a problem at the parking lots.
- The show only invites a few car manufacturers thus affecting the visitors’ morale.
- Washington DC is a major city in the United States thus making the show successful. This is the case because many people will always attend the DC Auto Show.
- The event has taken place every single year thus making it a major show in the country.
- The planners encourage new carmakers and designers to attend the show. This explains why it will be successful in the coming years.
- Some of the modern technologies encourage more people to attend the event.
- The current economic stability and political climate favor similar events.
- The uncertainty of the economy might affect future shows.
- Insecurity and terrorism can disrupt such events.
- Most of the current public policies might affect the success of the industry.
- Most of the car manufacturers are unable to come up with new technologies due to lack of finances.