Instagram, Tik-Tok, reels, stories, hashtags, posting time, trends…
Does your heart start racing when you hear these words?
Then you’ve come to the right place! Read on to find out how to start your own blog and share your world online.
Our team has prepared a list of student blog ideas, a simple step-by-step guide to starting a blog, a set of basic blogging rules, and some other helpful tips. Let’s get started!
👍 Why is Blogging Good for Students?
Blogging is beneficial for everyone, but especially for students.
- Blogging stimulates self-expression. If you feel something itching inside of you – some potential that craves to be poured out – a blog is the place for it.
- Regular blogging promotes creativity and analytical thinking. When you run a blog regularly, there’s no way you won’t come up with new ideas time after time.
- Blogging helps to turn talents into benefits. Use your blog as a portfolio – people will be able to see what you can do. This will also help track your transformation and development.
- Blogging develops soft skills. By socializing with people online, you learn how to communicate. Don’t underestimate the ability to collaborate and handle feedback effectively.
- Blogging expands your worldview. Our experiences are so unique! Sharing with each other helps us all grow.
💡 Top Student Blog Ideas
You can start a blog on any topic. Just imagine how many things are out there waiting to be revealed and shared.
Here are some key blog ideas:
Study blogs primarily aim to show students’ life and be helpful to other students. If you don’t feel like making your blog a place for useful information, that’s alright.
People also like watching other people’s authentic experiences. You don’t have to be a guidebook. Combine study hacks with your daily routine. Simply share how you face and overcome challenges through school, college, or university.
Think about answering the most critical questions for students in your blog:
- How do you maintain your study-life balance?
- What are the best services and tools for students in 2022?
- How to get good grades while also enjoying the lifestyle of a real student – being young, vivid, and curious?
Many students are concerned with their career paths. There are a lot of blogs and websites covering this topic. Meet the demands of the audience and start a blog where they can get helpful information.
- Share your plans and outline the steps you are taking. You’ll feel more motivated in front of an audience. You might just become an inspiration to others.
- You can talk about your current goals and challenges. Remember the storytelling rule: the process of achieving goals is more exciting to watch when the character is overcoming challenges.
Careers and studying are not the only things to focus on when you are a student. You can take another direction and write about your passions. Think of something that is both useful and relaxing.
- Hobbies: you could take up a new hobby, track your progress, or share your expertise with first-timers.
- Among other things, a blog is a place to display your knowledge about something. Are you into art, music, or literature? That’s perfect! Many students would love to learn from peers.
Health is a very vast field.
Your blog does not need to be a medical guide. You can share information about sports, nutrition, or mental health.
- Shed light on mental health issues and ways to overcome them. Again, there are numerous topics to choose from: codependent relationships, self-care, maintaining mental health while studying.
- Sports and nutrition are of interest to others. People are increasingly interested in taking care of their bodies.
Thankfully, we are increasingly embracing LGBTQ+ issues in daily life! However, the LGBTQ+ community can always use more support, and blogs on this topic raise awareness.
- Again, it’s all about experience sharing. What you have lived through can be important stories for others to hear, to help them come out and feel more accepted. Someone may just need a blog to read about another person’s experience to feel less alone. So, if you have something to say, do it!
- You can write about your LGBTQ+ activism and its importance to society. Another good idea for your blog is to discuss your audience’s stories anonymously, if required.
We’re living in relatively peaceful times. But still, how many problems arise daily! If you are interested in particular phenomena or events, have a consistent opinion, why not share this with others?
- You can choose a particular niche or embrace everything in your blog. It can be a multidisciplinary blog about culture, politics, environment, or economics.
- Be mindful that there are lots of blogs out there already. Find your unique angle and point of difference.
💻 Where to Create Your Blog
In the online world, there are endless places to run your blog.
Here are just some of them:
Social media platforms are a top-notch space for someone to share their experiences:
- Instagram – even though many people tend to think it’s going to die out soon, it’s not. Instagram has a compelling marketing strategy and algorithms. It remains a crucial blogging platform. We’re used to seeing perfect pictures on Instagram. Of course, the visual component of your blog should be appealing, but the primary trend is honesty. Apart from this, you have to evoke emotions and be active. If you do it, Instagram algorithms will promote you themselves.
- Tik-Tok has gained popularity and is the most comprehensive video platform on the market. Work out how to express your ideas, thoughts, and experiences in short videos. It will take creativity, but if you manage, it’s going to be fun.
Free Blogging Platforms
If you want to consider other options for creating blogs, you can also look into particular free platforms for blogging. The popular free blogging platforms are Blogger.com and Medium.
The former is a resource primarily for personal blogs. The latter covers various topics. Any registered user can use it for writing. It’s pretty user-friendly.
Tilda is an excellent tool for creating websites too. This builder can create accessible sites. With Tilda, you can start a blog, create an online store or landing pages without programming skills.
⚖️ Policies & Rules of Blogging
Online space is challenging to control. In the internet’s constant information stream, some rules are helpful.
Read this list to make your blogging adventure smoother.
- Tag users whose content you post on your page. In some cases, it’s not enough to just cite the sources you use; you might also need to ask permission to use the data.
- Be transparent about ads and paid promotions. Talk about them openly, and you will get more respect.
- Try not to delete your post right away when you notice mistakes. Make your readers aware and put in corrections.
- Put disclaimers where necessary. It’ll protect your blog from lawsuits and show that your statements are just opinions.
- Avoid publishing false or toxic statements. Doing so is terrible for your reputation and your karma.
- Outline terms and conditions on your blog. Users must know what they are allowed to do or prohibited from doing on your website.
- Stay clear and friendly. Communicate with your readers thoughtfully. Remember, online hate is a common thing, don’t pay too much attention to it.
💸 How to Monetize Your Blog
What if we told you there are various ways to monetize your blog?
We’ve collected some of the most spread methods you can use to earn on your blog:
|Monetization Method||How It Works||Useful Links|
|Provide coaching services||Take a couple of good courses to get motivated and inspired. Then, share your knowledge and energy with people who are loyal and interested.||– 15 Career & Business Coaching Resources, Tips, and Benefits |
– How to Monetize a Blog in 2021 – Coaching
– Top 60 Coaching Blogs and Websites To Follow in 2021
|Try yourself as a freelance blogger||Choose an in-demand direction – content writer, part-time or full-time; it’s up to you.||– How to Start Freelance Blogging|
– Freelance Blogging: How to Get Started and Make Money Online
– How to Make Money Online as a Freelance Blogger (in 2021)
|Create online educational courses||Think of yourself as an expert. What do you know that you can teach others?||– 10 Steps To Creating A Wildly Successful Online Course |
– Get started – Create a free course
– How to Make Great Training Videos in 2021
|Use Amazon Kindle to promote and sell your short publications||Ebooks have been gaining popularity, and Amazon is a trusted platform.||– Can Amazon Self-Publishing Make You Money?|
– How to Earn $2000+ Per Month in Passive Income Through Amazon KDP | by Casey Botticello
– How to Make Money with Kindle Direct Publishing
|Create sponsored content||A great monetizing opportunity is to collaborate with other creators and get mutual benefits.||– The Ultimate Guide to Sponsored Content|
– How to Get Sponsored Blog Posts: 6 Steps to Find Your First Sponsor
Whether you decide to monetize your blog or not, we highly recommend giving it a shot anyway.
Once you’ve found the field of your interests, blogging will help to improve in it.
We’ve done our best to guide you through the first steps of launching a blog.
Now is your turn!
Share your thoughts in the comments below – we’ll be happy to discuss them.