The first is the Calvin Klein lingerie advertisement. This ad makes women feel imperfect and not as beautiful as needed to wear such lingerie. This means that an image of a beautiful woman is promoted to address women’s fears and psychological complexes related to their body proportions and shape. In this respect, the first idea is that an image of a beautiful woman is advertized rather than the lingerie.
We will write a custom Assessment on Advertisement in Beauty Sphere: Psychological Complexes specifically for you
301 certified writers online
The next is Dolce & Gabbana advertisement of perfumes. The image of a woman depicted there is extremely sexy which makes us think about the previous ad and emphasize the importance of being beautiful and sexy. In other words, the general concept of a beautiful woman consists of many aspects that include a beautiful body, perfect skin and hair (this concerns ads of lotions and anti-cellulite means as well as gels, shampoos, and crèmes), sexy aroma, stylish outfit, and other numerous things. This advertisement is a part of a generalized character; it is aimed at sustaining this image.
The third is the weight loss mean advertisement aimed at supporting the myth about a perfect woman’s body and dictating the proportions of it. The woman is expected to fit the requirements set out by numerous ads. So, millions of women all over the world start experiencing some psychological problems and have to by all those pills and means to make the shape of their body beautiful.
The main idea that works beneath all these ads is the image of a person and a lifestyle. It is natural that most people want to look better and do not want to make a huge effort making their bodies strive for perfection. However, it is necessary to emphasize that an image of a perfect body is a myth established by advertisers to promote products and an image of a beautiful person. These advertisements help to sustain the cultural phenomenon of problems sexuality. In other words, it is necessary to look like a person in the ad to be considered sexual, attractive, and appealing for the opposite sex. So, the main idea communicates the message of the contemporary society which is highly influenced by ads. The image and a lifestyle are promoted as parts of the general concept; by promoting a beautiful body it is easier to promote other types of goods aimed at sustaining the image of an attractive person.
Writing Microtheme 2
- The thesis of the paper is: The image and a lifestyle are promoted as parts of the general concept; by promoting a beautiful body it is easier to promote other types of goods aimed at sustaining the image of an attractive person.
- This thesis enlarges on the cultural phenomenon of sexuality and gender; these ads work because women want to look those images introduced by advertisers.
- The first advertisement speaks to a thesis by depicting a beautiful woman with a perfect body. She can wear any type of lingerie and advertise any type of good but her image makes women think that this brand will make their body look perfect.
- The second advertisement ad some portion of sexuality to the image of a perfect body. As women want to be perfect, they are expected to strive for perfection in everything.
- The third advertisement echoes a thesis by making an emphasis on the difference between your body (meaning any woman who can see this ad) and the perfect body that is commonly promoted by all agencies.
Weight loss mean advertisement. Web.