- Engage students and faculty members in discussions regarding anesthesia and contemporary technology that can improve it
- Provide opportunities beyond those outlined in the college curriculum to the students of the anesthesia program
The primary purpose of establishing this club is to connect people interested in advancing their knowledge about anesthesia. Additionally, the members of this club will participate in research and development necessary for improving the existing anesthesia practices.
We will write a custom Proposal on Anesthesia Technology: Student Club Organization specifically for you
301 certified writers online
To expand the knowledge of students interested in anesthesia technology and provide opportunities for professional development and communication with like-minded people.
Rules, Laws, and Structure
- No discrimination based on personal characteristics can be present in the Anesthesia Technology Club
- All faculty members and students engaged in this Anesthesia program can apply to be a member of this club
- Suggestions regarding meetings, discussion themes, guest speakers, and other educational activities will be accepted from all club members via a sharable Google Docs file
- Communication within the club should be free from personal bias. Hence, all discussions will be based on evidence-based practices (described in scholarly sources)
- The main goal of this club is to advance the anesthesia knowledge of the participants
- The Club will provide monetary support to all its members in organizing events o meeting that corresponds with the goal and vision of this community
- All activities organized by the Anesthesia Technology Club (volunteering, discussions, and meetings) are voluntary, members can participate in activities that are of most interest to them
How to Select the Committee
Since the majority of activities within this club will take place on social media, the selection of candidates and the process of assigning them to the committee positions will also be facilitated through online platforms, more specifically social media. Firstly, it is necessary to choose the candidates who have an appropriate competency to be a part of the committee.
The three principal committee positions require experience in managing a club. Thus, people who were a part of any club in high school or were members of committees can apply for these positions. Prior experience in volunteering work in a hospital setting or other healthcare establishment will be an additional benefit. Participation in other extracurricular activities will also be considered when evaluating the candidates. The candidates should provide a statement of planned activities that they will work on as committee members. There is no particular format for this writing, nor is there a specified word count. However, the proposal should be brief and should reflect a person’s vision regarding the future of the Anesthesia Technology Club and include the specific discussion themes, personalities that can be invited as guest speakers, volunteering opportunities suitable for club members.
Each of the elements described above, which provides information regarding the personalities of the prospective committee members and their vision regarding the activities of the club will be available for review via Google Docs to all Anesthesia Technology Club. Based on this information, each member will choose one candidate for each of the open positions. Online voting will be the final stage of the selection process during which all members of the club will be able to vote for one candidate in each category.
There are three leading positions that will govern the Anesthesia Technology club:
- The Chairperson, responsible for administering the activities and helping the President organize meetings and other educational events
- The Secretary, responsible for administrative tasks that allow the club to function
- The Treasury, necessary to ensure that the club has resources for a physical meeting, guest speakers, and face-to-face discussions.
- Team members, who will help the Chairperson, Secretary, President, and the Treasury organize the educational activities
Anyone can apply to be a team member, regardless of the previous experience of working in school clubs or other college clubs. Furthermore, a person working as a team member can apply for a governing position in the committee the following semester. In general, the club will select three team members during the online voting.
How to Select the Next President
The President of the Anesthesia Technology Club should possess both leadership characteristics and advanced knowledge in the field of anesthesia, as well as have an interest in research and new discoveries. Hence, he or she should be a member of the club for at least one semester and participate in events organized by the Anesthesia Technology Club.
The current President can either resign or leave his or her position upon graduating from college. In this case, he or she should offer the position to a suitable candidate, preferably a semester before leaving, although not necessarily. Hence, this position is not electable. Instead, the President can choose a person he or she thinks understands the values and purpose of the Anesthesia Technology Club.
The club members can veto the President’s decision and chose to vote for a new President if over 50% of members disagree with the choice of the former President or if no suitable candidate was selected by him or her. The President of the club, together with the Committee members, should work on improving the quality of discussions and events at the Anesthesia Technology Club.