We will write a custom Essay on Microsoft Surface Tablets Promotion Plan specifically for you
301 certified writers online
- The surface is an electronic tablet that Microsoft introduced in the fall of 2012.
- The tablet uses a Windows operating system that supports Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Microsoft should create multiple products from the Surface Tablet product with different colorations, sizes, and features.
- This will create an environment of its competition and block other competitors from encroaching into the company’s market.
- These sub-products will be differentiated by features, prices, and the difference in quality (Belch, Michael, Gayle, and Irene 31).
- This strategy will be successful towards dominance as it offers a variety of options to consumers.
- At the same time, it will maximize the benefits of economies of scale.
- Microsoft should add its music database for the Surface Product.
- This would allow users to store their music on their Microsoft tablets and phones more easily.
- This feature could propel the Microsoft tablet to the next level.
- If the Surface product becomes more musically compatible, this tablet would perform well in the market above its competitors.
- Thus, the ‘Spotify’ feature in this product should be modified to become a music store.
- The Microsoft Company should adopt Multiple pricing strategies for the corporate market segment.
- Multiple pricing strategies promise a discount to the corporate segment who purchase in large quantity.
- Besides, the company should adopt a “good-better-best” pricing strategy.
- The price of the Surface product will increase with slight changes that are made to the product.
- Lastly, the company may consider penetration pricing.
- The product may be sold for a value lower than the $890 price tag to attract customers.
Supporting marketing program
- The company should segment and differentiate its ‘young adults market’ along with consumer-based market segmentation procedures.
- Concerning the place, the central marketing model should use the local media channels to keep in touch with the target segment.
- The company may enter into a strategic partnership with other companies to advertise the Microsoft Surface Tablet.
- The company should create an online customer support center for this product (Barringer and Ireland 27).
Barringer, Bruce, and Duane Ireland. How Bringing Its Business Plan to Life Helped a Social Enterprise Get Off to a Strong Start, New York: Free Press, 2009. Print.
Belch, George, Michael Belch, Gayle Kerr, and Irene Powell. Advertising and Promotion: An Integrated Marketing Communications Perspective, Boston: McGraw-Hill, 2008. Print.