We will write a custom Report on WIPRO Company Strategic Priorities specifically for you
301 certified writers online
- Any political instability, especially in India or in the Middle East, can lead to major risks for the company. As the company provides IT services to customers from 175+ cities, governmental restrictions against IT business during instability may lead to severe losses for the company (Company overview, 2016, para. 1). Effect: high.
- Political liberalization. The company has more chances to provide IT services to the customers of all classes. Liberalization allows the company to overcome the limits and continue its development. Effect: medium.
- Change trends of government laws. Any regulations that target or restrict online cooperation between companies will limit the company’s ability to function across six continents and provide services to them. Moreover, the government of the US changed the rules of outsourcing but did not provide any tax rebates. Effect: high.
- Currency fluctuation. As WIPRO is an international company, its revenues are gained in different types of currency. Currency fluctuation can decrease the revenue of the company, as a currency has been unstable in the past several years. Effect: high.
- Exchange rate. The exchange rate can also adversely affect the revenues, as the expected revenues can decrease due to unprofitable exchange rates. Effect: high.
- Increased foreign exchange. The major revenue of the company consists of U.S. or Australian Dollars, as well as Euros, but the costs are in Indian Rupees (Financial capital, n.d., para. 5). Thus, increased foreign exchange can lead to an increase or decrease in revenues of the company. Effect: high.
- Global recession. Global recession presents a risk to the company, but, as stated on the WIPRO website, the recession allowed the company to identify and invest in future opportunities. Thus, a global recession may be used as an advantage as well. Effect: medium.
- Work culture. To be successful, the work culture of the company needs to be people and employee/stakeholders/customers-oriented. The company has its Code of Business Conduct and Ethics that prescribes certain standards to all employees. Effect: medium.
- Attitude towards work. The keywords that define WIPRO’s position are innovation, respect for every individual, and honesty in the working process. Effect: medium.
- Demographic. As the demographic landscape of the countries changes, the company needs to evaluate how IT can understand and approach demographic needs. Effect: medium.
- Media views. WIPRO has won many awards and was praised by media as an innovative and environmentally friendly company with an unbiased approach to all employees. Effect: medium.
- Focus on research and technology. WIPRO is one of the leading Indian IT companies; it works with different governments. The company delivers management and deployment services and actively cooperates not only with the Indian but with other governments as well (Government, n.d., para. 1). Effect: high.
- Impact on the value chain. As an E-Commerce company, WIPRO has influenced the value chain and successfully integrated into the newer model of selling and purchasing environment. Effect: high.
- Competing technology. WIPRO conducted a mineral exploration to help the mining industry. It is possible to assume that WIPRO will also engage in researches about climate change to understand how the negative effects of pollution and waste can be eliminated. Effect: high.
- Customer-oriented working process. To stay competent, WIPRO needs to be customer-oriented and assure that customers’ wishes are fulfilled correctly.
- Service innovation. To improve customers’ experience and satisfaction with the products, the service of the company needs to demonstrate innovations and discoveries that indicate the company’s development.
- Next-generation technology. To stay competitive and provide changes, the company needs to use the newest technology in its services and management.
- Understanding or regulations. Understanding of government regulations will help the company provide correct IT solutions to any company in any country.
- Protection of the environment. As WIPRO has already been engaged in various environmental projects, it can use its experience to address the global problem and offer the solution.
Company overview. (2016). WIPRO: Company Overview. Web.
Financial capital. (n.d.). WIPRO: Financial Capital.Web.
Government. (n.d.). WIPRO: Government.Web.