Have you ever wondered what a persuasive essay is? Do you find it difficult to differentiate it from an argumentative one? Are you struggling with the search for persuasive essay topics for college assignments?
for only $16.05 $11/page
If you are a college student, then you have probably answered yes to every question. No wonder, a persuasive essay writing is quite a challenging task. But don’t become too overwhelmed or nervous.
Our team can help you!
A persuasive essay is a piece of academic writing that convinces readers to accept the author’s position and follow their ideas. Here, through clear arguments, the writer demonstrates the legitimacy of their point of view.
A topic search for a persuasive essay is not an easy task, though. But wait, let us tell you something. Below, you can find the list of the most successful persuasive topics for college. So, don’t waste your time and nerve cells. Use our ideas and create an outstanding persuasive essay!
👉 How to Choose a Persuasive Essay Topic for College?
The main secret of the successful persuasive essay is a compelling topic. Therefore, when choosing the right persuasive topic, follow these few simple pieces of advice:
done in as little as 3 hours
- Re-read the assignment.
The task that you’ve received from your tutor can be of great assistance. You just have to read it correctly. Unfortunately, college students tend to underestimate the power of the question. Don’t make this mistake. Read your assignment carefully because it can provide clues on the topic to look for.
- Brainstorm ideas.
Before writing any paper, college students have to research. It will ensure the argumentative part of the persuasive essay. To understand what to examine, have an ideation session, and consider a variety of ideas. Picking the most appropriate one, you’ll see where to start your research.
Try to find as many topics as you can. It will make your investigation and writing processes easier!
- Don’t pick an idea if it’s too broad.
You may think that in this case, you’ll have plenty of things to argue about. Well, maybe a bit too many. In your essay, you should cover an entire topic so that it sounds convincing. When the idea is too broad, you can’t fit every argument in one paper. So, specify your title.
For instance, you want to persuade your readers to stay healthy. Then don’t investigate all the aspects of maintaining health. Focus on one specific issue. For example, explore the positive influence of sport on the general health condition of a human being.
- Ensure that you have credible sources.
In some colleges, even the smallest essays may require a list of references. Thus, make sure you have materials to research and later list as your sources.
Good persuasive paper topics for college have to offer a wide variety of sources to investigate. So, if you are not confident in your materials, better change the title. It will prevent you from a lack of evidence to support your arguments.
- Choose a topic of personal interest.
We’re not compelling you to write something that you enjoy when it contradicts the assignment. But try to select an idea that doesn’t bore you from reading it out loud. It is always more pleasurable to write on a topic you are passionate about. Don’t miss your chance to make turn your essay writing process into an exciting activity.
- Select something you have an opinion about, but open to debate.
Your tutors can disagree with your position. Nevertheless, it is not a reason to give up. It’s the right time to show your critical thinking skills.
State your position clearly and provide convincing arguments to support it. Show your readers that you can change your position if you see some compelling data. It can give you some extra credit. The best persuasion topics for college create an environment for debates and discussions.
- Be unique!
In colleges, the amount of papers done daily is enormous. Don’t make your professors read about the importance of waste sorting, for example, yet again. The topic of environmental protection is undoubtedly extremely significant.
It is way too overused. The professors are tired of reading essays on the same issues again and again. Surprise them and stand out.
🔑 Essential College Persuasive Essay Topics
We bet, every college student at least once had an assignment to write a persuasive essay. Haven’t you had yet? The best is yet to come! Thus, you have to be prepared to face all the challenges of a persuasive essay composing.
Searching for interesting persuasive essay topics is a complicated issue. However, you don’t have to worry about it. Our team of experts gathered the most popular and effective ideas in one place.
Don’t stress out about the topic:
Take a look at our list of persuasive essay topics for college students. We divided our ideas into sections so that you can find the most appropriate one. So, you can easily navigate throughout our page for a more effective search.
🎓 College Persuasive Essay Ideas on Education
- Homework does not help in the learning process.
- The costs of higher education should be reduced.
- A grade does not show a student’s knowledge.
- The Internet overuse blocks the mental development of a modern teenager.
- Education should not depend on technologies.
- Essay writing develops the critical thinking skills of students.
- Foreign language learning should be mandatory in school. Conduct research on how foreign languages influence children and teenagers. What are the positive sides of such education? Then, persuade your readers that foreign languages are essential in the school core curriculum.
- Art classes should be a priority in middle school. Elaborate on the importance of the development of the sense of art for children and teenagers. Why should art classes be higher in the list of priorities than technical or science courses? How can the right perception of art help pupils in future life?
- The core curriculum of the high school should not be too broad. Why do we have to narrow down our focus in high school? Explain how teenagers will benefit from studying particular subjects instead of getting general knowledge. Convince your readers about the importance of focusing on a specific field in high school.
- A gap year before entering the university is beneficial. Give persuading evidence why students should take a gap year. What are the advantages? Make your readers debate whether a gap year is worth considering. Finally, convince them that it is worth it.
- Mobile phones should not be allowed in school. State your position regarding the usage of smartphones during the learning process. What adverse ramifications do the mobile phones have on the academic results of pupils? Persuade your readers to prohibit phone usage in school.
- Traditional education is more effective than remote learning. How the benefits of the conventional way of learning outweigh the advantages of remote education? Compare the aspects of remote learning for different age groups: 1st grade age, 6th grade age, and a college student.
📜 College Persuasive Essay Topics on History
- The year 1763 is crucial in US history.
- We shouldn’t underestimate the significance of African-American social reform.
- Technological advancement of the 17th century was a new era in world history.
- Without Enlightenment and Romantic Age, the European culture wouldn’t be so progressive nowadays.
- People should’ve stopped the propaganda of Adolf Hitler and Jim Jones before the intensive development.
- The historical influence of Abraham Lincoln should become a role model for modern political figures.
- Americans should have abolished slavery in the United States way earlier.
- The four voyages by Christopher Columbus are crucial in the progress of world history.
- Cultural exchanges in the medieval period significantly impacted the civilizations.
- Protestant reformation was the most influential Christian movement.
- Japanese women in the Middle Ages should have been more powerful.
- The world war should never happen again.
- The age of exploration. Who are the key figures? How did they impact world history formation? Convince your readers of the importance of the age of exploration.
- The Mayan calendar system did not predict the end of the world. Investigate the Mayan calendar system. What is your explanation of the fact that the calendar system ended in the year 2012? Persuade your readers that the suggestions about the end of the world in 2012 are false.
- Racial discrimination in America violated human rights to a great extend. Give a brief overview of racial discrimination in the USA. Persuade the readers to perceive racial discrimination as an act of human rights violation.
- Apollo 11 – the first spaceflight that landed people on the Moon. Discuss the importance of this event. Convince your readers about the significance of the Moon exploration.
- History studying should become the top priority for students. The knowledge of history may help to prevent mistakes from the past. So, persuade your readers to explore historical events.
- Holocaust should not be justified and denied. What are the horrible consequences of holocaust tragedy? Analyze an opinion regarding the denial of the holocaust. Persuade the readers not to support this idea.
⚖ College Persuasive Essay Ideas on Politics
- Civil rights of black Americans should not be limited.
- In the battle of socialism vs. democracy, the second one should win.
- Nationalism in international relations should be accepted.
- Celebrities should stay aside from political activities.
- The laws for each state of America should become common.
- A voting system should be transparent.
- Ordinary people should not be allowed to own guns.
- The federal tax return process should become more manageable.
- Individual rights versus the common good. Express your position regarding the issue. What do you support: individual rights or common good? Persuade the readers to follow your ideas.
- Gay marriage should be allowed. If you don’t agree with the topic, express the opposing opinion. Elaborate on your arguments and provide counterarguments. Exclude harsh comments and offensive language from the narrative.
- The death penalty cannot be justified. Why do you think so? Give clear arguments to support your opinion. If you believe that the death penalty is justifiable, prove your position.
- Electronic voting in the United States should not be banned. Present the positive sides of this way of voting and convince the readers in your rightness. Don’t you agree with this opinion? Then, provide counterarguments.
- Abortion should be legal. Provide clear arguments to express your position. Or provide counterarguments to contradict the idea of abortion legalization.
👍 College Persuasive Essay Topics on Sociology
- Gender stereotypes in a family should be dismantled.
- Abusive relationships in a family should not be hidden.
- Implementing more tough punishments on the lawbreakers should reduce the crime rates of the USA.
- Does family promote or limit mobility? Choose one side of the issue and provide clear arguments to support your ideas.
- Divorce has negative effects on children. Do you agree with this statement? Convince the readers to accept your point of view by stating your position clearly and powerfully.
- Birth control should be monitored on a governmental level. Express your opinion regarding birth control in modern society. Conduct a study on the cultural, religious, and political aspects of the birth control issue.
- Is there the right age to get married? Decide if there are any age suggestions to create a family or no? Support your choice with bright ideas and appropriate examples.
- To resolve the conflict, we need to know the nature of the conflict. Do you agree or disagree with this idea? Provide strong arguments to make people believe in your point of view. How do you think psychology works while resolving the conflict?
💰 College Persuasive Essay Ideas on Economics
- We have to consider John Locke’s and Karl Marx’s economic ideas nowadays.
- If we want to stabilize the economy, we have to implement the monetary policy.
- We shouldn’t take the Keynesian explanation of the recession too seriously.
- Small business owners should receive financial support during the period of crisis.
- The governments should reduce monopoly power.
- The role of understanding the goals of human resource management in the context of human capital theory. Explain the significance of effective HR management for a business flourishing. Persuade your readers to invest enough resources in human capital.
- Exchange regimes have a significant impact on macroeconomic performance. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Provide well-developed arguments to prove your point of view. Persuade your readers to accept your position.
- Consumer behavior is different in every country. If you agree, develop this idea by providing strong arguments. If you don’t, state your position. Either way, support your arguments with supporting evidence. Make your readers follow your opinion.
- The understanding of the basic concepts of economics is essential for every person. Explain how the knowledge of economics can help people to manage their money wisely. How to survive during the crisis? How to lead a business successfully, etc. Persuade your readers to study the basics of economics.
💡 Interesting College Persuasive Essay Topics
Are you already impressed with a diversity of topics our team collected for you? But don’t think that’s all we have to offer for you. Since our mission is to help you, we have more persuasive essay ideas for college to share.
can help you!
Get your first paper with 15% OFF
Below, you can find more fascinating ideas for your assignments. For your convenience, we divided persuasive essay topics for college into several sections. Investigate our ideas and don’t hesitate to use them.
🚌 Transportation Persuasive Essay Topics
- A school bus should be checked at least once a month to ensure the safety of pupils.
- The reserves of petroleum should be replenished to provide a proper transportation industry operation.
- The shipping of essential goods during the state of emergency (quarantine, dangerous natural conditions, etc.) should be free.
- We should use public transport instead of private cars to save the environment.
- Hybrid engine vs. standard engine. Examine the positive and negative aspects of both of them. Which one would you prefer? Persuade your readers to support your opinion by giving clear arguments.
- Information technology influences the logistics industry to a great extent. Provide appropriate examples of the IT impact on logistics. Convince your readers of the importance of your opinion.
- The role of transportation in the development of tourism. Prove your audience that transportation progress has a direct impact on tourism opportunities.
- We have to reduce the use of crude oil in the transportation industry. What are the possible adverse ramifications of such oil usage? Persuade your readers to limit applying this type of fuel. If you don’t agree with the idea, express the opposing opinion. Elaborate on your arguments and provide counterarguments.
🌿 Environmental Persuasive Essay Topics
- We have to examine an ecologically sustainable approach.
- Saving endangered species must be a top priority issue for environmental organizations.
- Hunting sports should be banned because they harm biodiversity.
- The conservation of global resources is necessary for maintaining the lifecycle of the planet.
- Waste sorting should be mandatory all around the world.
- Stopping deforestation will prevent the loss of natural habitat for animals.
- Tourism negatively affects wildlife. Comment no the negative consequences of traveling on nature. If you believe that tourism does not harm wildlife, provide counterarguments to claim your position.
- Farming has to be wise. Explain how intensive farming damages nature. Convince your readers about the importance of following the farming rules. They can help to prevent intensive farming’s adverse ramifications.
- The Prime Days on Amazon should be banned. Explain how the incredibly low prices on items during the Prime Days result in extremely high costs for the environment. Persuade your readers to resist the desire to buy unnecessary goods from Amazon.
- Without rainforests, our planet will suffocate. Prove the significance of the preservation of the rainforests for the environment.
⚙ Technology Persuasive Essay Ideas
- Investing money in developing information technology systems is profitable for companies.
- The internet blocks the development of human intelligence.
- To prevent the development of serious illnesses, we should use genetic technology.
- Technological advancement should focus on the improvement of the health sector.
- We have to use technology wisely to make people smarter.
- A scientific revolution started the technological advancement. Convince your readers about the importance of the scientific revolution in technological development. If you don’t agree with the topic, express the opposing opinion, providing counterarguments.
- E-books or audiobooks will never replace paper books. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? State your position clearly and make your readers accept it.
- Nowadays, society is too dependent on computer technologies. Comment on its negative and positive sides in the life of modern people. Persuade the readers not to overuse technology in everyday life.
- Technology and science complement each other. Provide clear arguments to prove this idea or counterarguments to disprove it.
😃 Easy College Persuasive Topics
Do you think that persuasive essays have to cover only serious or global issues? Do you feel as if you have to be overwhelmed with the complexity of the subject? You are mistaken. A paper won’t become less successful if it explores even everyday life topics.
We prepared the next section of the article for you. Here you can find simple persuasive essay ideas for college students. Select a fascinating topic and compose an outstanding essay.
🎶 Persuasive Essay Ideas for College about Music
- Songs with lyrics that promote violent behavior should be banned.
- A musician is not just a job; it is a vocation.
- Medical workers should investigate the positive effect of music on mental illnesses’ treatment.
- Music can be helpful in the learning process.
- Good song lyrics can inspire people. Provide a sample of inspiring verses. How can it motivate listeners? Persuade the readers to pay attention to the song lyrics while listening to music.
- A guitar is always a good idea for friendly gatherings. Prove to your readers that several songs played on a guitar can create a warm and cozy atmosphere.
- Rap reflects violence. This is a generally accepted opinion. Do you agree or disagree with it? Prove your point of view by providing well-developed arguments.
🌍 Persuasive Topics for College on Traveling
- A trip to India will make you see the world from the other side.
- Summer will become more memorable and fascinating if you travel.
- Traveling broadens people’s minds.
- Traveling with family or friends is an essential part of a happy life.
- Spending a holiday on a trip is always more pleasurable than in front of a TV or computer.
- Every person should visit Europe at least once in life. Explain why Europe is a must-see destination for every tourist.
- People should travel as much as they want. Persuade people not to resist the desire to explore new places by listing the advantages of traveling.
- Traveling is affordable for everyone. Persuade people to visit various countries, even with a limited budget.
✌ Persuasive Essay Ideas for College about Lifestyle
- An active way of life should replace a sedentary lifestyle to prevent heart diseases.
- You should plan your weight loss process wisely.
- Well-balanced nutrition is a way to a healthy and beautiful body.
- Regular yoga and fitness will help you to maintain mental and physical wellness.
- Regular physical activities and enough sleep can help students to study better.
- Media influences the development of eating disorders. Explain the mechanisms media’s effect on eating disorders. Persuade your readers to pay enough attention to the information on social media.
📺 Persuasive Topics for College about Media
- Parents should control the effects of mass media advertising on teenagers.
- Professional psychologists should review every cartoon before being released on television.
- The information on the internet should be filtered to avoid the spreading of fake news.
- Censorship is a must-have for modern television.
- Old cartoons are more insightful than modern ones. Compare and contrast old and new animated films. Prove the usefulness of old ones. Convince the audience to make their children familiar with old cartoons.
- Social media develops an inferiority complex among teenagers. How pictures of luxurious life in social networking sites influence adolescents’ self-esteem? Persuade the readers to filter the information seen in social media.
- Mass media in the 1950s was more ethical than contemporary mass media. Analyze the ethical issues that are present in modern media. Why is following the ethical rules while sharing the information through the mass media vital?
🏫 Persuasive Essay Ideas for College on Teens
- Professional psychologists or psychiatrists should treat anxiety disorders in children and adolescents.
- Cheating in schools should be strictly punished.
- Understanding teen depression is a crucial step in overcoming it.
- Bullying in school should be the main issue to deal with for the headteacher.
- The teenage period requires constant monitoring of children’s behavior by parents and teachers.
- Parents should have access to teenagers’ academic results.
- The mental health of teens is precarious. Convince the readers to monitor and maintain adolescents’ mental health.
- Parents should control social media usage by teenagers. Why should parents monitor the social networking accounts of their children? Explain why it is useful to teach teens how to behave on social media.
📚 Persuasive Topics for College on Literature
- Literature studying should be mandatory in schools.
- Literature teaches us how to live a worthy life.
- Robin Hood should become an example to follow.
- You have to read some books several times throughout life to get the idea.
- Lyric poetry may help in dealing with inner conflicts.
- William Shakespeare is an outstanding figure of English literature that should always be appreciated.
- Every person should have one book that will always remain their favorite one.
- The theme of Romeo and Juliet will always remain relatable. Support this idea by providing compelling arguments and examples from the play. If you don’t agree with the statement, present clear counterarguments to prove your point of view.
- The parents should read fairy tales to their children from early childhood. Persuade your audience to make their kids familiar with the fairy tales. Explain the importance of positive aspects of this genre of literature.
- Dorian Gray and Oscar Wilde are connected. Describe Oscar Wilde’s background. Analyze how the author reflected his personality in the character of Dorian Gray. Convince your readers to accept your point of view. Propose examples from the book and the author’s biography.
🖐 25 More Topics to Persuade College Students
Here you can find a pleasant bonus from our team—25 more ideas to write about. You can use them not only for essays but also as persuasive speech topics for college.
for only $16.05 $11/page
So, take the benefit of our list of topics. Show an outstanding academic performance in the college.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Family
- A happy relationship should be based on trust and honesty.
- In small and big families, parents should treat their children equally.
- After giving birth, motherhood should become the primary concern of a woman’s life.
- Parents should be the most significant support for their kids when they are sad, confused, or lost in life.
- Children should take their retired parents to their home instead of the nursing home.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Health
- Physical activity is an effective way to prevent heart diseases.
- Mental health is not less important than physical health.
- Well-balanced nutrition is key to a healthy body.
- Taking care of general wellness should be everyone’s primary concern.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Medicine
- Strong pain killers should be sold by prescription only.
- Herbal medications are the safest.
- Self-medication is extremely dangerous, even in the case of a simple cold or an allergy.
- Differentiating various forms of medicines is essential. What is the working principle of a capsule, pill, syrup, etc.? Prove that the inappropriate application will not have an appropriate effect.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Sports
- Physical education should be mandatory in high school.
- Extreme sports are only for professional athletes.
- The governments should invest enough money in the development of sports schools.
- Football is not only for boys. Women can create a successful football team, as well.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Religion
- Discrimination by religion or culture should not be acceptable in modern society.
- Every person should have a right to choose a god or goddess to worship.
- The representatives of different religions should be tolerant of each other.
- Any other religious representatives should not criticize the central beliefs of Judaism.
Thank you for visiting our page! We hope the information was useful to you. Don’t forget to leave your comments and share the article with other students.