Key Points to Use to Write an Outstanding Civil Disobedience Essay
Civil disobedience has been a controversial topic since 1849 when the term first appeared in Thoreau’s essay.
Writing an essay on civil disobedience may be a challenging task because there are still many questions and unresolved issues around this concept. However, there are some useful tips that can help you to write excellent civil disobedience essays.
Here are some civil disobedience essay titles and topics we can suggest:
- Civil disobedience as a way to combat injustice
- Civil disobedience in the arguments of Martin Luther King
- Resistance movement and civil disobedience
- The question of nonviolence in civil disobedience
- How civil disobedience can shape society
- Civil disobedience as a form of passive resistance
- The meaning and significance of civil disobedience
- Gandhi and civil disobedience: A discussion
Once you have selected one of civil disobedience essay topics and titles, you can start working on your paper. Here are some key points you can use to write an excellent paper:
- Start with defining civil disobedience before writing your paper. Think of what this term means to you and research available sources to learn more about it.
- Study the topic you have selected thoroughly, even if you think that you know a lot about it. It is always a good idea to check out the latest news articles on civil disobedience along with scholarly sources. Remember that Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information.
- Do not hesitate to check out essay examples online. Civil disobedience essay examples can help you to evaluate the relevance of the issue you have selected for discussion and see how you can structure your paper. Avoid copying the works you will find online.
- Now you can start to develop an outline for your paper. Think of the main points you want to include and organize them within the essay. Do not forget to present a thesis statement at the end of the introductory paragraph. The number of body paragraphs will depend on the size of the paper. We would recommend including at least three body paragraphs.
- Clearly define the objectives of your essay or the message you want to convey in the paper.
- Do not forget to define civil disobedience and explain the meaning of this term. Providing examples is a good idea, too. You can also reflect on why individuals decide to disobey and what causes such behavior.
- Discuss the consequences and legal aspects associated with civil disobedience. The goal of your paper should be to help the reader understand the topic better and develop an opinion on it. Outline your perspective clearly.
- Remember to support your claims with evidence. Cite articles using appropriate citation style (MLA, APA, Harvard, or other). Ask your professor about the sources you can use for the essay.
- Remember to provide a civil disobedience essay summary or a simple concluding paragraph at the end of your paper. In this paragraph, you should state the main ideas and findings of your essay and research. You should not include in-text citations in this section.
- Include recommendations in a separate body paragraph or as a part of the concluding section, if applicable. Make sure that the recommendations are relevant to the topic you have selected and can potentially solve the issue.
Remember that you can check out some samples on our website. They are free and have the best ideas for your essay.