Are you not passionate about economics, but still need to write a paper? We feel you. Economics is the type of subject that sometimes provokes the anxiety of students. Being overwhelmed with its complexity, students get discouraged and give up.
But don’t worry!
We know how to turn a tedious essay writing process into fantastic entertainment. All you need to do is to find a catchy and relatable idea for your paper. Select something that you are interested in and enjoy your work.
Our team created a list of fascinating economic topics for your essays. Don’t hesitate to use them. Look through our ideas and select the most appropriate one. Our insightful tips will help you to receive grade A for your economic paper!
🔑 Key Economic Terms Definition
For a more effective search for economics paper topics, let’s dive into fundamental concepts of this subject. The essential information you should know about economics is its central questions.
Economics is supposed to explore the following issues:
- What to produce?
- How to produce?
- For whom to produce?
These are the three fundamentals the economics focuses on.
Moreover, economics is divided into microeconomics and macroeconomics. The understanding of their differences is crucial for a good comprehension of the subject.
Microeconomics focuses mainly on entrepreneurs’ behavior. Analyzing the situation within one business it helps to make decisions regarding their companies. In contrast, macroeconomics studies the economic state in the countries. It determines the economic approaches to rule the counties and sets the fiscal policy.
Overall, macroeconomics analyzes global topics in the economy, while microeconomics focuses on a narrower field.
👏 Essential Economic Topics
Are you desperately searching for economical essay ideas? Then you are on the right page! The following section includes primary interesting economic topics. So, don’t waste your time! Look through our essential ideas and chose the most appropriate for you.
✒️ Fundamental Economic Topics
- Multinational firms impacts on economic growth.
- How do economists measure the quality of life in a country?
- Nominal versus real gross domestic product.
- Limitations of GDP as a measure of economic welfare.
- Economic systems and market structures.
- Economic, social, and global environments for organizations.
- Evolution of capitalism: concept, origin, and development.
- Fundamental concepts of economics: real and nominal variables.
- Impacts of multinational corporations (MNC) involvement in developing countries.
- Economic policies employed by governments.
- New technology trends used in banks.
- Cournot competition as an economic model.
- Role of advertising in monopolistic competition and oligopoly advertising.
- Economic crises in economic growth through economic history.
- Competition in economics. Describe the concept of perfect competition. What the similarities and differences between oligopoly and monopoly? What are some difficulties in monopolistic competition? Support your ideas by providing strong arguments and appropriate examples.
- John Locke’s and Karl Marx’s economic ideas. Compare and contrast the fundamental concepts of both theories. What economic problems do both scientists explore in their studies? Analyze how modern economists use Locke’s and Marx’s ideas as prerequisites to their researches?
- Services in banks: strategies and plans. Analyze the services that are provided in banks in your country. Do they satisfy clients’ needs? Is there any way to test banks? Suggest some possible improvements to the banking system in your country.
- The significance of formalizing economy. Give your own opinion regarding this issue. Are you for or against applying policies and predetermined rules to govern the economy? Support your position by providing clear arguments.
- The economic explanation of political dishonesty. Explain how politics affects the economy of a country. How may some economic issues within a country lead to political deception? Should the economy depend on politics or not? State your position clearly and provide strong arguments.
- Microeconomics should be before macroeconomics in the syllabus. Explain why microeconomics is a vital prerequisite for macroeconomics. Which fundamental concepts of one field are applied in another?
🔍 Microeconomic Topics
- Microeconomic theory: correlation between variables.
- Opportunity cost in microeconomics.
- Monopolistic competition as a market structure.
- Demand, supply, and their interaction on markets.
- Competition and monopoly as the most crucial market structures in microeconomics.
- Price elasticity of demand role in microeconomics.
- Concept of market equilibrium in business.
- Microeconomics principles in the flying automobiles industry
- Income effect and substitution effect in microeconomics.
- Economic factors on the stock market.
- Elasticity and its importance for business.
- Cost changes and the implementation of control mechanisms.
- Market value concept from an economic perspective.
- Operation of an efficient market and causes of market inefficiencies. Briefly describe a profitable market. What are some possible reasons for lowering the market efficiency level? Suggest how to maintain market efficiency.
- Internationalization of small and medium enterprises. How internationalization affects the performance and operation of small and medium companies? Does it have a positive or negative effect? Comment on how the internalization influences macro- and macroeconomic concepts.
- Price discrimination concept in microeconomics. Why do firms engage in price discrimination? Explain how and why these variables influence the price level. What are the underlying economic theories supporting price discrimination? Suggest how changes in the environment may affect pricing discrimination.
- How a good’s price is determined? Using the supply and demand model, explain how the sellers determine the price of a good.
- Supply and demand concepts. Describe the following microeconomics notions. How can supply and demand concepts be used to achieve the market equilibrium?
- Consumer choice. Conduct a normative analysis and examine the factors that impact consumer choice. Discuss the correlation of the income effect, availability of substitutes, tastes, and preferences with the consumer choice. Provide appropriate examples to support your arguments.
- Application of microeconomic concepts in personal life. For this assignment, think about the ways the microeconomics knowledge can be used in everyday life. Why is it helpful to know the basics of microeconomics to make wise decisions?
🌎 Macroeconomic Topics
- Macroeconomics theory and fundamentals.
- Role of supply-side policies in balanced economic growth.
- Sequestration and its impacts on an economy as the key aspects of macroeconomics.
- Monetary policy and its impact on economic stabilization.
- The rising cost of gas and its effect on the world economy.
- Supply policies’ role in economic growth.
- Demand and supply correlation in the market.
- The significance of Adam Smith’s “invisible hand” concept in modern economics.
- Macroeconomic environment: self-correction of the economy.
- Men’s and women’s unemployment disparity.
- Financial economics for infrastructure and fiscal policy.
- Fundamentals of macroeconomics activities influence.
- Fiscal policy: limitations and negative consequences.
- The federal reserve and the inflation problem.
- What went wrong? Present an initial inquiry into the causes of the 2008 financial crisis
- Globalization: good for people, bad for humanity. Discuss the positive and negative aspects of globalization. Provide persuasive examples to support your ideas. Leave your readers with multiple-choice, whether it is worth preventing globalization or not?
- Fluctuations in inflation rates and unemployment rates. Are you afraid of inflation and unemployment topics in your syllabus? No reasons to worry! Check out the example and become a professional in these fields.
- Macroeconomics: Determination of GDP. Introduce the elements of GDP. How does the DGP of influence the life level of a country? Suggest possible ways to increase GDP.
- Business Cycles. Discuss the features and causes of the business cycle. Comment on the recession and its occurrence. Wrap up your essay with a well-developed conclusion. Push the readers on further investigation of business cycles in macroeconomics.
- Aggregate demand and aggregate supply curves. Examine the shape of the curves. Explain why the aggregate demand curve slopes downward. What is the reason for the upward sloping of the aggregate supply curve? Writing an essay on this topic is helpful. If you figure out the answers, you will succeed in your exam!
👀 More Interesting Economic Topics
Did you scroll through our essay ideas, but still don’t know what to write about? Then, the following section is for you! Here you can find more economic topics for your paper. For your convenience, our team divided our ideas into several categories.
So, don’t stress out if you still don’t have a topic. We have much more to offer you!
🤝 International Economics
- Business challenges in the international market.
- Governments and intervention in the allocation of resources in the market.
- The problems of the modern global economy.
- Economic Inequality as a Result of Globalisation
- Sustainability and trends of the global trade imbalance.
- Globalization effects on the business, economy, and health.
- Ethical and integrity dilemma within employees in the global economy.
- Multinational firms impacts on economic growth.
- The concept of global trade imbalance as a policy issue.
- International economics in the context of globalization.
- The current economic crisis and lessons for economic theory.
- International trade policies’ major controversies.
- Globalization and foreign currency exchange.
- Balance of trade: global markets and competition.
- Cultural diversity in international trade.
- Peterson institute for international economics is a center of global economic development.
- International political economy and finance. Analyze the current economic situation in an international arena. What counties are leading ones? What countries need better economic development. Suggest some possible ways how to boost the financial status of undeveloped countries.
- The economic development of Thailand. How do political instability and environmental issues in Thailand affect the economy? What place does the county take on the international economic arena? Suggest some possible ways of improving the economy of Thailand.
- The international economy is seen as limiting developing countries’ interests. How does the international economy weaken the position of developing countries? Offer your solutions to deal with this problem.
- Current developments of the business and economic environments. Comment on the progress of the modern international economy. How do the governments benefit from it? What impact does economic development have on ordinary people? Support your ideas by providing arguments and examples.
💻 Digital Economics
- The mystery of digital currencies.
- The effect of technological change on the distribution of income.
- Economies of scope and modern technology.
- Internet infrastructure and payment across borders.
- Concept of automation of services and their effect on unemployment.
- E-commerce and risky shopping behaviors.
- Information security in the era of digitalization: mining data for better business intelligence.
- Computer-based communication technology in business communication.
- The effect of digital disruption on modern economics.
- The threats and risks of digital economics.
- E-commerce platforms are the future of the world economy.
- DIgital economics creates a perfect environment for cyber-crimes
- How economic digitalization affect national identity countries? Due to technological progress, the phenomenon of globalization occurs. As a result, local enterprises lose their customers. Discuss this issue. Suggest some ways how to prevent the loss of cultural diversity caused by globalization.
- The significance of digital economics in the 21st century. Explain why digitization is one of the most crucial factors of economic progress. How can investments in technological innovations increase the firms’ profit in the long run? Support your ideas with appropriate examples.
- Digital economics in different parts of the world. Compare and contrast the progress of digital economics in the USA, China, Russia, and Germany.
- Digital economy and unemployment issue. Due to rapid technological progress, the majority of tasks can be accomplished automatically. It resulted in firms requiring fewer employees than before the digitalization. Investigate the issue of unemployment caused by digital transformation.
- How digital economy influences medium and small businesses? Small and medium companies are incapable of investing large sums of money into technologies. As a result, they become lost in the enterprises’ mist. Large corporations, capable of implementing digital technologies, block small businesses. Discuss the threats of dynamic digital economy progress for medium and small enterprises.
- Digital economics requires specific workers. The spillover of modern technologies causes great economic progress. However, not every worker is capable of working with digital tools. How can companies solve the problem of digital illiteracy among employees? Give specific examples to support your thoughts.
- The benefits of digital economics for tourism. Nowadays, tourists can plan their trips online. They can do everything: from booking a hotel room to purchasing a train ticket. These are the results of digital progress. Analyze the impact of digitalization on tourism commerce.
🌳 Environmental Economics
- International environmental concerns in economics.
- Sustainable development: the banking sector.
- Agricultural, economics, and environmental considerations of biofuels.
- Environmental and natural resource management.
- Developing a global biodiesel industry.
- Implementing cuts in greenhouse gas emissions.
- Environmental controversy: population growth and soil fertility.
- The link between sustainable development and ecological footprint.
- The environmental sustainability concept in the hospitality industry.
- Pollution externalities role in management economics.
- International environmental laws impact on oil and gas production.
- Role of alternative energy resources in reshaping global transportation infrastructure.
- The role of human economic activity in environmental degradation.
- The implementation of environmentally-friendly sources of energy in the production of goods.
- How to overcome negative externalities in environmental economics?
- China: an example of economic progress or environmental destruction?
- Making solar energy more affordable. Solar panels usage is a great way to protect the environment. However, the establishment of solar panels is quite expensive. How can economists make solar energy more affordable?
- Neoclassical economics concepts and theories. Does neoclassical economics take into consideration the problems of environmental science? Comment on the ways the economists put effort into making the production of goods and services environmentally friendly.
- Environmental sustainability vs. financial gains. Discuss the significance of environmentally friendly economic activities. Why is it essential to use natural resources wisely? Persuade the readers that in the battle of high profits and environment protection, the environment should win.
- Earth Summit of 1992. What should have been done differently? Why did the decisions of Earth Summit not prevent rapid environmental damage? If the summit were nowadays, it would be more focused on ecological economics. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? State your position clearly and provide strong arguments.
⌛ Development Economics
- The role of industrialization in development economics.
- What is the current outlook for growth and development in Africa?
- Nigeria’s development: modernization and dependency theories.
- Globalization in the new product development.
- Latin America economic development.
- Competing theories of economic development.
- Theories of development and millennium development goals.
- Economic prospects for the global economy impact on patterns of migration in developing countries.
- Poverty as a peculiarity of economic development.
- The relationship between sustainable development and economic growth.
- Human development: democratization and economy relations.
- Tourism role in economic development.
- Evolution of capitalism: concept, origin, and development.
- The economic development of Indonesia.
- The role of the World Trade Organization (WTO) for the developing countries.
- Future of the World Bank. Analyze the current economic state in the world. Then, forecast the Word Bank development throughout the time. How will any transformation influence the financial vector of the countries?
- Marxist theory of development. Is it effective? How is it implemented nowadays? Suggest possible improvements for the Marxist approach to make it more sufficient.
- Jordan’s economy and its comparison with Qatar. Both countries are considered to be developing. However, they are on different economic levels. Compare and contrast the national economies of both countries. Analyze the catch-up effect. Discuss the standards of living, unemployment rates, economic growth rates of both countries.
- GDP growth rate and economic future of developing countries. Select three developing countries. For instance, consider Afganistan, Iran, and Bangladesh. What are their economic growth rates? Assume the financial future of the chosen countries. How to prevent poverty here? How to make them developed countries, not developing ones?
- The role of ethnicity in economic development. How the ethical vector affects economic activity? Is ethnic diversity good or bad for economics? What are some threats of ethnicity for economic growth? Suggest possible commerce solutions for overcoming the problem. Provide clear arguments and appropriate examples to support your ideas.
🤲 Econometrics Paper Topics
- The multiple regression model and its relation to the consumer.
- Statistics: chi-square test and regression analysis.
- Independent samples t-test with SPSS.
- P-value definition and role.
- Relationship between population and economic growth through econometric modeling.
- A linear regression analysis of a product.
- Quantitative and analytical techniques for managers.
- Predicting unemployment rates to manage inventory through advanced econometrics analysis.
- Multiple regression and correlation.
- The role of applied econometrics in economic science development.
- What econometric models are applied for?
- The application of econometric models for labor income analysis.
- The history of econometrics as a science.
- Empirical relationships and theory testing in economics.
- Okun’s Law in Econometrics. Discuss the relationship between output and unemployment through econometric analysis. What Okun’s Law is applied for?
- Regression analysis of business statistics. Analyze the ways of estimation of a correlation coefficient. Comment on the relationship between the variables. Provide the regression results.
- Linear regression of job satisfaction. Using econometric modeling, analyze three concepts: – Association of benefits and intrinsic job satisfaction
– Association of benefits and extrinsic job benefits
– Association of benefits and overall job benefits
Compare and contrast the results and make the corresponding conclusions.
- Implementation of econometrics in everyday life. From first sight, econometrics seems to be too complicated. However, knowledge of this subject can be helpful in everyday life situations. Think about the field where econometrics might be useful for ordinary people. Provide appropriate examples to support your ideas.
- The rules of data search for econometric analysis. Explain how to select and analyze data for further analysis. What are the credible sources? How to prevent possible difficulties of data examination?
- Topics in Structural VAR Econometrics by Gianni Amisano. Provide a brief overview of the book. What key econometric issues does the book cover? Emphasize on the crucial role of the book while studying econometrics.
👨🏫 Great Economic Topics: Assignment
Are you excited about the diversity of interesting economic topics we can offer you? Have you chosen some ideas already?
Don’t leave our page yet! We have more topics to share with you.
The following section includes a variety of ideas divided by the type of assignment you need to complete. We did it for your convenience. A thesis topic should be more complex and developed than an essay topic, right? So, here you can find outstanding ideas for all kinds of economic assignments.
📝 Economics Essay Topics
- Rethinking microeconomics competitiveness.
- Innovative government’s role in economics.
- Monetary policy management and its effects on the economy.
- Effects of hedge funds on the global financial crisis.
- Banks, bank firms, and financial intermediaries.
- Managerial economic opportunity cost.
- The link between borrowers’ risk and mortgage lending
- Problems in banking regulation.
- Financial markets and liquidity.
- The contribution of the luxury fashion industry in the economic development of the world.
- How has the role of the IMF changed since it was established in 1945?
- The international monetary fund and the World Bank.
- Bank of America: managerial economics and analysis.
- Foreign direct investment benefits for Asian countries.
- Global financial crisis problems. Analyze the issues caused by the financial crisis. Suggest some action plans to tackle the effects of the crisis. A small hint: as an example, you can use the world economic crisis of 2008. Also, consider discussing the financial crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic of 2020.
- Tax cuts in Keynesian economics. Briefly introduce the economist John Maynard Keynes and his economics theory. Analyze his approaches to aggregate demand, multiplier effect, and fiscal policy. What was his tax cuts method? Do you consider it sufficient? State your position clearly and provide strong evidence to support your opinion.
- Difference between microeconomics and macroeconomics. Need to write a compare and contrast essay? Use this topic. Analyze the similarities and differences between microeconomics and macroeconomics. How do they influence each other? Structure your paper correctly, so the readers can quickly get your ideas.
- The relationship between money supply and inflation. Briefly introduce the notions of money supply and inflation. How are they connected? For better understanding, provide appropriate examples of the relationship between money supply and inflation.
- Globalization, urban political economy, and economic restructuring. Comment on the globalization impact on world economics. Examine the positive and negative sides of globalization. How can financial restructuring improve the economic situation in the world? State your arguments clearly and support them with examples.
- The issue of global trade imbalances in the US and China. What are trade imbalances? Comment on the world policymakers’ reaction to growing inequalities. Do global trade imbalances threaten free trade? Is it possible that global trade imbalances be sustained? Suggest some ways to reduce global imbalances.
📜 Economics Term Paper Topics
- Factors that influence international business.
- The modern global economic problems.
- Poverty as the deprivation of capabilities.
- Globalization and the economics of child labor.
- Sharing economy: benefits and difficulties.
- Behavioral economics and finance.
- Trade liberalization in international trade.
- The banking industry and interest rates.
- Public debt in managing macroeconomics.
- The significance of Adam Smith’s “invisible hand” concept in modern economics.
- Microeconomics principles in the flying automobiles industry.
- The convergence of world economies.
- Causes and consequences of the 2008 financial crisis.
- Federal reserve’s influence on interest rates.
- Managerial economics and demand. Examine the theory in managerial economics. What are the types of demand? Compare and contrast them. Analyze the factors that affect the demand for goods and services.
- Marxism perspective in production. Provide a brief overview of Max’s approach to production. Analyze the means, relations, and modes of production. Was Marx’s position regarding production effective? How could it be improved?
- Private and public finance initiative. This topic is beneficial if you are searching for a compare and contrast essay idea. Examine the advantages and disadvantages of both finance initiatives. Moreover, consider the risks of private and public finance initiatives. Which one is more effective, in your opinion?
- David Ricardo’s model of international free trade. Write a well-structured position paper regarding David Ricardo’s model. What are the positive and negative sides of the model? To make your essay persuasive, discuss David Ricardo’s model of international free trade with the other students. Considering all the opinions you have heard, state your position.
- Adam Smith’s understanding of capitalism. Explore Adam Smith’s perception of the capitalistic approach. Briefly introduce the Keynes’ and Marx’s economic theories. Compare and contrast Smith’s understanding of capitalism to Keynes’ and Marx’s perceptions. Whose arguments are the most widely used in international economics nowadays?
- Catch-up effect. Explore the catch-up growth phenomenon. How to explain the hypothesis that developing countries usually develop with faster rates than wealthy counties? To support your ideas, provide an example of developing countries that are experiencing the catch-up effect. An appropriate statistical data would be helpful for this assignment.
📚 Economics Thesis Topics
- The difference between the surplus and the neoclassical theories of general equilibrium.
- Post-Keynesian and Austrian criticisms of the standard neoclassical view of competition.
- The impact of premature finance liberalization on macroeconomic and financial stability.
- Strategic cost and managerial accounting in the UAE.
- International wage differential and migration between Germany and Turkey.
- The current impact of inflation and unemployment on Germany’s political and economic system.
- Understanding of the contemporary labor market by the Marxist concept of exploitation.
- A critical assessment of the pros and cons of selected financial derivatives.
- Corporate governance and informational disclosure on Internet financial reporting: the Saudi Arabia evidence.
- Role of international financial institutions in the 2008 financial crisis.
- The different roles played by the central bank, depository institutions, and depositors determine the money supply.
- Remittances role in spurring global economic growth.
- Cultural diversity in international trade and international business management through globalization. This topic will perfectly suit and undergraduate majoring in the MBA program. Investigate the cultural diversity in international trade. Does it have a positive or negative influence on world economics? Suggest some ways on how to promote diversity and equity in international trade.
- Interest rate disparity between RBA and major Australian banks. If you are looking for a master’s thesis idea, consider this topic. People who are interested in finances and banking will like it. Compare and contrast RBA and major Australian banks. State your position regarding the given financial institutions clearly.
- International microeconomics trade dispute case: US-China dispute on the exportation of raw materials. Provide the historical background of the US-China dispute on the exportation of raw materials. What was the government’s’ response to the debate? What regulations should have been changed to prevent the conflict? Suggest some ways how to improve international trade to minimize the risks of disputes.
- The Globalization Paradox: Democracy and the Future of the World Economy by Rodrik. Your bachelor thesis may look include a book or an article analysis. Investigate the work The Globalization Paradox: Democracy and the Future of the World Economy By Rodrik. State your position regarding the given book. How can the knowledge from this book be implemented in economic science?
- Effect of a permanent increase in oil price on inflation and output. What threats growth as a result of the rising cost of oil? Discuss the effects of a rise in oil prices on inflation and output. Also, analyze the effects of the response of the Reserve Bank to the oil price increase. To make your arguments persuasive, illustrate your findings on the demand-aggregate supply model.
- Economic growth in Kenya: past and future challenges. Conduct research on the economic development of Kenia. Using economic theories and hypotheses, predict the future of economics of Kenia. What challenges should the government and citizens be ready for? Note: any other county of your interest can replace Kenia here.
- The domination of financial accounting on managerial accounting information. This topic is suitable for both: master’s thesis and the bachelor’s thesis. Develop the idea by providing strong arguments and appropriate examples.
📈 Economic Topics for Project
- Direct sales approach for selling crude oil in Nigeria.
- John Locke’s and Karl Marx’s economic ideas.
- International financial markets and institutions.
- Banker to the poor: micro-lending and the battle against world poverty.
- European macroeconomic policies and risks.
- China’s banking sector analysis.
- Keynesian explanation of recession.
- The analysis of buying behavior simulation.
- The US unemployment benefits evaluation.
- Economic analysis of the Etihad airways company.
- Finance issues in the book The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine by Michael Lewis.
- Economic impacts on talent management in the UK vs. China.
- Instruments to encourage or discourage FDI and their implications for international business.
- The impact of algorithmic trading on mutual funds performance.
- Economic principles and theories of Adam Smith: a case for free markets and capitalism.
- Keynesianism vs. Neorealism. Explore both economic theories. Create a list of the advantages and disadvantages of Keynesianism and Neorealism. From your perspective, which approach is more effective? To make your project more professional, include appropriate statistics, charts, diagrams, etc.
- Globalization: a blessing or a curse to US middle-class workers? It is a perfect idea for the capstone project in the final year of your university studies. Investigate the issue of globalization from an economic perspective. In your opinion, does it have more benefits or drawbacks? Support each of your arguments with clear evidence or an example.
- Developing economic stimulus packages. Imagine yourself as a leader of a guided project to create economic stimulus packages. What would you include to prevent a financial crisis in a country?
- Sustainable development of economics. Analyze the environmental harm caused by rapid economic progress. Develop a project focused on the protection of the environment under the current production conditions. Suggest more environmentally-friendly ways to produce goods and services.
- A company’s financial analysis. Choose any business pf your interest. It can be Apple, Dior, Samsung, Nestle, etc. Analyze the income statement of a chosen company. Does its budget operate efficiently? What financial threats (if any) does the enterprise face? Suggest possible improvements to increase the gains from sales and the gains from trade.
💡 Tips on Writing an Economic Paper
Have you finally chosen a topic for your economic essay? Are you excited to start working on your paper? Then, the following section is for you. Read it carefully and know the essential tips on writing.
First and foremost, economic papers differ from regular ones. Such written works requite research. Otherwise, there is no opportunity for you to get a high grade.
In case you might be wondering how to write a well-developed research paper, we know how to help you. Our team collected the most useful prompts. So read carefully and implement them in your writing process.
- Select a compelling topic. An appropriate idea is a key to success. So, make sure yours fits the requirements of your professor. Moreover, among a wide variety of economic topics, select the one you are passionate about. Then, you will be able to make your writing process more accessible and pleasurable.
- Find credible sources. No doubts, credible sources paly a crucial role in composing a research paper. Therefore, take time to find appropriate sources. They have to fit your topic and assignment criteria. Make sure you use academic sources for your research. Well-selected credible sources will make your paper more professional.
- Outline your future paper. With an outline, you will be able to keep track of your ideas. Also, it ensures the quality of your paper. Defining your paper structure before writing makes it well-organized and highly-developed.
- Review the literature. No matter what kind of paper you write: theoretical or empirical, the literature will always help you. So, don’t underestimate the power of books. Refer to them, if you need to revise a theory, some economic concepts, notions, etc.
- Formulate a hypothesis. A well-formulated hypothesis plays an essential role in writing a research paper. It helps the readers to understand what you are focusing on. Moreover, it navigates you throughout your research process and makes it more structured.
- Describe your results. After conducting economic analysis, describe your results. What did you find out? What results did you expect to see? Explain how your results can be used in further research.
- Elaborate on your findings. Your findings are the central part of your research paper. So, make sure you state them clearly. Make appropriate conclusions based on your results and adequately summarize them.
- Reference the sources you used. Finding credible sources is crucial, of course. Nevertheless, you also need to cite them properly. Making reference lists is not pure science. So, put enough effort to figure out all the details of references and in-text citations. Also, don’t mess up writing styles. The most popular ones are APA, MLA, ASA, Chicago style, etc. Thus, if you are unsure about something, double-check the formatting requirements.
Thank you for visiting our page! Don’t hesitate to use our essay ideas and tips. And don’t forget to share the article with your friends.
- High School Economics Topics: Econlib
- Writing in Economics: Writing Studio, Thompson Writing
Program, Duke University
- All Topics, Economics: tutor2u
- How to Write the Introduction of Your Development Economics Paper: David Evans, Center For Global Development
- Areas of research: Economic Policy Institute
- Organizing an Essay: Jerry Plotnick, University College Writing Centre, Writing Advice, University of Toronto
- Economics: Economist, World News, Politics, Economics, Business & Finance
- How To Write An Economics Paper: Elmer Sterken, Athens University of Economics and Business
- Topics: Economics E-Journal
- Academic Essay Writing, Some Guidelines: Department of Economics, Carleton University
- Ideas about Economics: TED Talks, Ideas Worth Spreading
- Microeconomics vs. Macroeconomics, What’s the Difference: Investopedia
- Major Research Themes: Paris School of Economics
- International Economics: Journal, Elsevier
- What Are the Various Subfields of Economics: Mike Moffatt, ThoughtCo
- Economics: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Generate Topic Ideas Quickly and Easily: Online Research Library, Questia
- The Basics of Essay Writing: UNSW Current Students
- Basic Guide to Essay Writing: Kathy Livingston
- Writing Essays: Learning Development: Plymouth University