The Gender Roles Essay Structure
Essays on gender roles present students’ understanding of the similarities, differences, and aspects of gender roles in society.
Writing gender roles essays helps learners to understand the significance of topics related to gender roles and the changes in societal norms. Students should be highly aware of the problems associated with traditional gender roles. For example, there are many periods in world history, in which people did not have equal rights.
Moreover, some aspects of gender roles may be associated with discrimination. To make an essay on this problem outstanding, you should discuss the problem in detail and present your points clearly. A useful tip is to develop a good structure for your paper.
Before starting to work on the paper, you should select the problem that is most interesting or relevant to you.
Gender roles essay topics and titles may include:
- The history of gender roles and their shifts throughout the time
- Male and female roles in society
- Gender roles in literature and media
- How a man and a woman is perceived in current society
- The causes and outcomes of gender discrimination
- The problem of ‘glass ceiling’
- The problem of social stratification and its outcomes
- The revolution in the concept of gender
After selecting the issue for discussion, you can start working on the essay’s structure. Here are some useful tips on how to structure your paper:
- Select the topic you want to discuss (you can choose one from the list above). Remember to pay attention to the type of essay you should write. If it is an argumentative essay, reflect on what problem you would want to analyze from opposing perspectives.
- Gender roles essay titles are important because they can help you to get the reader’s attention. Think of something simple but self-explanatory.
- An introductory paragraph is necessary, as it will present the questions you want to discuss in the paper. Remember to state the thesis of your essay in this section.
- Think of your gender roles essay prompts. Which aspects of the selected problem do you want to focus on? Dedicate a separate section for each of the problems.
- Remember to include a refutation section if you are writing an argumentative essay. In this section, you should discuss an alternative perspective on the topic in 1-2 paragraphs. Do not forget to outline why your opinion is more credible than the alternative one.
- Avoid making the paragraphs and sentences too long. You can stick to a 190 words maximum limit for one paragraph. At the same time, make sure that the paragraphs are longer than 65 words. Try to make all sections of the body paragraphs of similar length.
- Check out examples online to see how you can structure your paper and organize the information. Pay attention to the number of paragraphs other students include.
- Remember to include a gender roles essay conclusion. In this paragraph, you will discuss the most important claims of your paper.
- Do not forget to add a reference page in which you will include the sources used in the paper. Ask your professor in advance about the types of literature you can utilize for the essay.
Do not forget that there are free samples on our website that can help you to get the best ideas for your essay!