❗ The Teenage Pregnancy Essay Structure
Whether approaching the subject from a demographic or medical point of view, the interest of a teenage pregnancy essay heavily roots itself in the issues of today.
With a multitude of topics dealing with different sides, from mothers and children to the government, creating a unique essay that will get you a good grade is a matter of adequately constructing your argument.
- Chose a single theme that you will address. All teenage pregnancy essay topics center on one problem but concern themselves with different facets of it. Thus, you have to decide whether you want to write about government-supported methods of pregnancy prevention or the repercussions of an increase in numbers of teenage mothers.
- Carry out your research process and compile your findings into a bibliography. You should use book and journal titles to demonstrate your in-depth knowledge of the issue, property referencing your sources within your paper when you use them. The more you understand about your chosen problem from the viewpoint of different researchers and their studies, the more you can hope to write a comprehensive essay.
- Write an outline. By doing so, with or without using topic sentences, you can see how many sub-themes you touch upon and how inclusive your work is. This action will help you save time by writing and rewording the better part of your paper, as you will see potential structural issues early on.
- Construct a title. As the first thing a potential reader sees, it should be both engaging and thought-provoking. However, teenage pregnancy essay titles should grab their readers’ attention without a shock factor, intriguing them with information but not demeaning their topic. Regardless of your opinion regarding the issue, remember that you are writing about living people who deserve fair treatment.
You should draft your paper traditionally with an introduction, body, and conclusion. You can start your first paragraph with an interesting fact or statistical number to gain your audience’s attention. However, do not forget to write a thesis statement, as well as a hook.
Your introduction and conclusion should reflect each other, and that may become possible only if your first paragraph gives your reader an idea of what your stance is and what you plan to achieve in your paper. Without a thesis, you can neither expect readers to get interested in your work, nor write an excellent conclusion yourself.
Understand what your teenage pregnancy essay body needs, and include only information that will help you advance your main argument.
For example, if you are writing a paper from a sociology studies perspective, then you may see that you may gain an advantage by writing from a statistical or socioeconomic perspective.
Remove any sentences that do not link to your thesis statement, directly or indirectly. Your central argument should be pivotal to your paper, as exciting as the various facts that you find may be.
Superb structure comes from reading up on even better examples. You can easily find a teenage pregnancy essay example or two, and use them to get inspired. Do not forget to assess these sample papers on technique and information included, gauging which methods you can uplift into your own work.
However, remember that you cannot and should not plagiarize, as copying and pasting information is an academic offense. Safeguard your paper’s grade by remaining academically honest.
Are you still confused by your assignment? Let IvyPanda help you with any topic!
🏆 Best Teenage Pregnancy Topic Ideas & Essay Examples
- Increasing of Sex Education in Schools to Curb Teenage Pregnancy Increased sex education is important because it emphasizes on the need to abstain and use of contraceptives. It is therefore important to increase sex education in schools to avert cases of teenage pregnancies.
- Teen Pregnancy: Causes, Effects and Prevention Teenage pregnancy is the pregnancy of underage girls during their adolescent period, normally between the ages of 13 to 19 but this range varies depending on the age of the menarche and the legal age […]
- Teenage Pregnancy in the Modern World Teenage pregnancy rate in America is among the highest among the developed nations; although the teen pregnancy rate is said to be dropping in the past years in the developed world, in the US, rate […]
- Popular Culture and Teenage Pregnancy Among Americans This has been the case particularly in regards to the Western society of the early to the middle 20th century and the up-and-coming international normalcy of the late 20th and 21st century.
- Teenage Pregnancy Major Causes and Solutions Thus, one of the manifest functions of the family is to be the meaningful unit which supports the accepted social order and is a support of the state.
- Teenage Pregnancy Concept and Problems This becomes potentially dangerous to the teenage girls due to the lack of prenatal care and the fact that her body is not fully developed to carry a pregnancy.
- Teenage Pregnancy Causes and Effects In addition to this, the modern society allows the teenagers to have a lot of time and space with the opposite sex on their own, which results to instances of pregnancy at teenage hood.
- Teenage Pregnancy and Its Consequences to the Society The opportunities of mother and the child to build a future are further depleted by these risks. Education to the youthful teens would be a valuable tool to curb early pregnancies.
- Positive Impacts of Sex Education on Teenage Pregnancies Failures of Sex Education in reducing teenage pregnancies According to the article by Stobbe, education has not achieved much in terms of helping students change their attitudes and behavior on sex and use of birth […]
- The Major Factors of Teenage Pregnancy Mooney, Knox, & Schacht, states that low self-esteem is often associated with abused children and are one of the factors that shape teenagers’ sexual behavioral patterns and lead to teen pregnancy.
- Teenage Pregnancy Although teen pregnancy is an ongoing problem, it can be reduced with good education, parental support, and birth control Over the last couple of years, the United States of America has woken up to the […]
- Sex Education Role in the Teenage Pregnancy In a bid to survive, the teens resort to prostitution as a means of earning a livelihood, which in turn leads to teenage pregnancies.