📃 The Texting and Driving Essay Structure
A texting and driving essay requires a unique approach because it is not merely an academic take on an important subject.
Your paper’s goal is to prevent people from taking a particular course of action, which will harm them, their passengers, and even innocent bystanders.
Thus, from your title to your conclusion, your argument must be easy to apperceive, just as any possible advice that you may give should be easy to follow.
Begin your topic by drafting a texting and driving essay outline and thesis statement, which will later become your structural backbone.
During this process, you need to keep in mind your primary goal; assess each sentence you write with your pre-defined argument and how it may help support your central theme.
For example, you can mention the statistics of road accidents induced by phone-related circumstances and the mechanism behind distracted driving. You can even cite the law on using cell phones and driving.
After you have decided on your main points, do some research on each, amassing a thorough bibliography, which will help convince your readers of your position’s soundness and ethicality.
Book titles are essential but do not forget to search for scientific research that relates to your central theme. Integrating vivid examples from studies on texting and driving may help you sway even the most obstinate of readers.
Furthermore, you can draw inspiration from researchers’ structural choices, especially if you feel like their outline was part of why their argument felt convincing to you personally.
Finally, if you feel like your paper is still lacking something inexplicable, read sample essays online. Doing so will help you see for yourself what techniques do and do not work when convincing a broad audience.
During the body-writing process, remove any ideas that do not relate to your texting and driving essay thesis.
If you are talking about the dangers of texting and driving, then drunk driving is not a useful addition to your essay. To maintain a well-planned essay structure, your writing should be:
- Factual and supported by research;
- Logically interconnected;
- Memorable and expressive;
- With no unrelated topics.
Your texting and driving essay conclusion should bring together all of your points into a single paragraph. In this section, you have to summarize your findings and their implications for your readers explicitly, especially for those who partake in such dangerous practices.
If you feel like your argument is especially compelling, then you may even try to convince your audience to take on the role of spreading information about the dangers of texting and driving themselves. After all, it does affect even pedestrians.
Therefore, appealing to the fact that it may alter the life of any person, who is unfortunate enough to be close to a distracted driver, may be the main idea of your paper.
Finally, there is the matter of choosing your title. Texting and driving essay titles should immediately give your readers an idea of what they will encounter in your work and what kind of knowledge they will gain from it.
Be honest, but do not be afraid to write an attention-catching title. There is nothing academically worse than writing a well-structured and thought-out essay that readers overlook because it lacks a catchy title.
Still not sure how to start? Use IvyPanda to get more inspiring paper samples!
🏆 Best Texting and Driving Topic Ideas & Essay Examples
- Dangers of Texting while Driving The research paper will present some statistics to prove that texting while driving is one of the biggest contributors of road accidents in American roads.
- An Analysis of the Use of Cell Phones While Driving The first theory is the theory of mass society, and the second theory is the theory of the culture industry. The theory of mass society states that, popular culture is an intrinsic expression of the […]
- Banning phone use while driving will save lives For instance, a driver may receive a phone call or make one, and while tending to the call, takes his mind of the road and increasing the chances of causing an accident.
- A Theoretical Analysis of the Act of Cell Phone Texting While Driving The past decade has seen the cell phone become the most common communication gadget in the world, and the US has one of the highest rates of cell phone use.
- Banning Texting While Driving Research To achieve the goals of the objectives proposed above, a comprehensive case study needs to be conducted on the risks of texting while driving and how the prohibition of the act will save lives.
- Banning Texting while Driving Saves Lives Other nations have limited use of phones, by teenagers, when driving, and a rising number of states and governments have prohibited the exact practice of texting while driving.
- Texting while driving should be illegal To begin with, it has been observed from recent studies that have been conducted that majority of American citizens are in complete agreement that texting while one is driving should be banned as it is […]
- The Effect of Pets on Driver Distraction The idea is not only to focus on the type of distracter that is dangerous, but also to focus on anything that can lead to any sort of driver distraction.
- Texting in Modern Society Some people may argue out that texting is time consuming, that is okay because they are right to some extent, but, the effectiveness of their statement is reduced when the benefits of the text are […]
- Effects and causes of cell phone Usage Among male It will specifically determine the various factors that may cause the use of cell phones among the male students, and how the use can affect the students in the several possible ways ranging from psychological […]
- Increase in the Use of Mobile Phones and it’s Effects on Young People The purpose of the present paper is to critically evaluate the effects, both positive and negative, of increased use of mobile phones on young people, and how these effects can be mitigated to avoid negative […]
- The South Dakota Legislature on Texting and Driving According to the authors of the article, the South Dakota Legislature needs to acknowledge the perils of texting and driving and place a ban on the practice.
- The New Application “Stop Texting and Driving App” The application installed in the driver’s smartphone will disable every function when the vehicle is in motion. The device and the application have more features in order to reduce the rate of having an accident.
💯 Free Texting and Driving Essay Topic Generator
for your paper in no time!