💡 8 Tips for Writing Essays on Pollution
There is a rising interest in ecological awareness and an overall building desire to move towards sustainable living within society. Thus, a pollution essay requires much more than merely outlining cause and effect occurrences.
Tackling a topic that should be both conscientious and demanding may be a difficult task, but with these few tips below, you can quickly address all pollution essay topics. Here are some ideas on how to make your assigned essay more comfortable to write:
Do your research beforehand. This action will help you start on your bibliography, which you should begin by writing down every book and article that you hope to use.
Additionally, doing so will help you understand your subject better and be more comfortable when writing about it. Readers can always feel when writers are too vague because they want to avoid some aspects of a problem.
Introduce your issue from a historical viewpoint. You should explain the origin of your problem, outlining what changes began affecting the environment and why.
Doing so allows not only engaging your readers but also prevents needlessly confusing them by being evasive about your subject.
If some key terms and processes are not common knowledge, then you should explain them. Topics on pollution have tricky terminology, and you should allow your readers to read your essay while on the same level of knowledge as you.
For example, if you are writing about air pollution, then the terms you use may range from “particulate matter” to “hygroscopicity,” depending on the complexity of your essay’s subject.
The pollution essay thesis statement is a guiding line throughout your writing process. Every sentence you write should relate to your central argument and help advance it forward.
From when you start outlining until you write your conclusion and even when revising your draft, you should always ask yourself whether what you have written helps you uphold your thesis.
Use credible sources to support your writing. Book and journal titles, research papers, and even interviews with respected scientists are good examples of what you should include in a bibliography.
You may also use pollution essay quotations to demonstrate scientists’ opinions or statistical numbers. When you reference your facts, your readers trust your writing and accept it as credible and truthful, as well as shows a good understanding of the subject.
Give your essay an appropriate heading. Your pollution essay titles should clue your readers in on your argument. Using a “talking” title, which explains your subject at a glance, is a useful way of making your essay stand out among others.
If your subject ties together different issues, then you should think about using subheadings to make your essay more readable.
For example, when writing about nonpoint source pollution, you may need to mention its effects on both ocean and forest environments.
Doing so in different sections of your essay may help you structure your thoughts and bring together your arguments for a well-written conclusion.
Read sample essays written by others to help you understand your subject and essay structure better. Doing so will help you be consistent with your chosen citation style and immerse yourself in your research.
However, do not commit an academic offense by plagiarizing from the work of others.
Need more tips? Want to read an essay example? Visit IvyPanda!
🏆 Best Pollution Topic Ideas & Essay Examples
- Car Pollution in Moscow The explosion of the number of cars in Moscow has largely contributed to the air pollution in this city. The jam also increases the time the engines are on; therefore increasing the amount of the […]
- A Discussion of Air Pollution & Related Health Implications on the Community The first task in the multidisciplinary team should be to identify the leading sources of air pollution within the community and the nature of the specific toxics or hazardous chemicals associated with the pollutants.
- Mud Lick Creek Project – Fresh Water Pollution This potential source of pollutants poses significant risks to the quality of water at the creek in terms altering the temperature, pH, dissolved oxygen, and the turbidity of the water.
- Can pollution rights trading effectively control environmental problems? One of the challenges that we need to be wary of is that those firms that are in a position to purchase the most allowances shall have the power to dictate the manner in which […]
- Water Pollution Origins and Ways of Resolving The evidence provided by environmental agencies indicates that industrial agriculture is one of the factors that significantly contribute to the deterioration of water quality.
- The Impact of Groundwater Pollution on Agriculture and Its Prevention People have to be aware about the impact of their activities on groundwater and be able to improve the conditions, they live under, and this piece of writing will inform each reader about each detail […]
- Urban Pollution – Many Long Years Ago Tarr also compares pollution caused by automobiles to that caused by horses, putting into consideration the promises that came with automobiles with respect to creating cleaner and safer streets.
- Climate and Air Pollution The earth has a number of climatic systems that ensure the distribution of heat across the face of the earth. Global warming is the result of retention of heat by the earth’s atmosphere originally from […]
- Preposition 23: Suspension of Air Pollution Control Act On the one hand, it was approved by the California Air Resources Board that considered it more realistic to suspend the implementation of this law due to the existing $ billion deficit leading to the […]
- The case of PBC pollution in Hudson River Environmental groups filed law suits in attempt to stop the plans by the company to build a pumped storage facility in the region.
- Environmental Pollution: Causes and Solutions The consequences that have risen as a result of neglecting to take care of the environment have now become a reality to the whole of mankind.
- Water Pollution Causes and Climate Impacts The biggest percentage of sewage waste consists of water, treating the wastes for recycling would help in maintaining a constant supply of water.
- Tehran Chokes and Blames Severe Pollution on US Sanctions Tehran is overpopulated and since the major mode of transport is by road a lot of carbon dioxide is emitted into the air hence the air in that city is polluted and when this gas […]
- Air and water pollution in Los Angeles One of the major problems facing major cities and towns in the world is pollution; wastes from firms and households are the major causes of pollution.
- Ocean pollution and the fishing industry In essence, the activities of over six billion people in the world are threatening the survival and quality of water found in the oceans, lakes and other inland water catchment areas.
- Air Pollution by Automobiles This paper shall address specific automobile pollutants in relation to causes and public health, to draft possible recommendations to the obstacles, in order to manage the problem.
- Water Pollution and Wind Energy Chemical pollution of water is one of the leading causes of death of aquatic life. It is thus evident that chemical pollution of water not only has negative effects on health, but it also substantially […]
- Four Marketing Practices That Cause Noise Pollution Nivea beauty products have been marketed to me more than once using word of mouth, what the marketers does, they lay a table in the streets and when they see someone passing, they get to […]
- The Problem of Atmospheric Pollution in Modern World It speeds up the erosion of construction materials and the decomposition of metals which destructs the human respiratory system by introducing poisonous materials into the system. Afterwards, the use of vents and the burning of […]
- Air Pollution and Its Consequences Air pollution refers to the infusion of chemicals, particles and biological matter that are hazardous and are the cause of discomfort to humanity and other living organisms into the atmosphere.
- Garbage Pollution Electronic waste can also be recycled and refurbished.’Reduce’, ‘Reuse’ and ‘Recycle’ are the 3Rs that go a long way in handling the issue of garbage.
- Pollution as a Big Problem That Faces the World Pollution is human made, pausing devastating health issues among the community at large, and its management cuts across all spectrums of societies including cultural, political, ethnic, and educational backgrounds Various forms of pollution have contributed […]
- Water Pollution: Causes, Effects and Possible Solutions This is why clean water is required in all the places to make sure the people and all the living creatures in the planet live a good and healthy life.
- The Effects of Noise Pollution Noise pollution meaning When speaking about the effects of noise pollution, it is necessary to highlight some fundamentals of the issue.
- The Pollution Within The writer wants to know the source of the contaminants in his blood. The writer continues to describe the nature of the chemicals found in his body.
- Car Air Pollution Further, NO2 can prevent the flow of oxygen in the blood to other parts of the body like the brain. These toxic substances settle in the lungs and disrupt the normal flow of air in […]
- Air Pollution and Health Policy in China The proposed study aims to critically assess the health impact of various forms of air pollution arising from overreliance on coal so as to inform current and future health policy directions in China.
- Air Pollution Effects on the Health in China The justification of the study is premised on the fact that China is one of the world’s largest coal producers and consumers, hence the need to evaluate the health implications of coal pollution on the […]
- Plastic Ocean Pollution on Ocean life in U.S Ocean plastic pollution has had a great impact on a minimum of two hundred and sixty seven species across the world and these include forty three percent of all of the sea mammal species, eighty […]
- Environmental justice issues affecting African Americans: Water Pollution Water pollution in the 1960s occurred due to poor sewage systems in the urban and rural areas. Unlike in the 1960s, there are reduced cases of water pollution today.
🥇 Most Interesting Pollution Topics to Write about
- The Problem of Ocean Pollution in Modern World Wastes such as toxic matter, plastics, and human wastes are some of the major sources of pollution in the ocean. Many people consume fish as food; when marine life is affected by toxic substance in […]
- Air Pollution Sources, Effects and Ways of Minimizing This paper discusses the various sources of air pollution, the effects of air pollution, and ways of minimizing air pollution. Definitely, the destruction of the atmosphere is a serious issue of concern to many people, […]
- Water and Water Pollution In Point Of Economics’ View This research tries to explain the importance of water especially in an economist’s perspective by explaining the uses of water in various fields, pollution of water and the agents of pollution.
- The Impact of Industrial Pollution on the Environment The attainment of these higher costs is through compulsory inclusion of the social costs of production in determination of the price of the goods.
- Environmental Pollution in Canada Atlantic Canada is also home to the Island of New Foundland and the northern region of Labrador which are majorly dotted by floating icebergs because of their proximity at the Northern areas of the province.
- Water Pollution & Diseases (Undeveloped Nations) Restriction on movement and access to the affected area affects trade and the loss of human life and deteriorated health is a major blow on the economy and on the quality of human life.
- Causes of Water Pollution and the Present Environmental Solution Prolonged pollution of water has even caused some plants to grow in the water, which pose danger to the living entities that have their inhabitants in the water.
- Fossil Fuels Subsidies and the Impact of Pollution on Health and Lifetime Earnings The most severe indictment of fossil fuels subsidies asserted by the authors of this article is that the benefit of any fuel subsidy accrues not to the poor of a country, but rather to the […]
- Cultural Pollution The cultures traditions and historical concepts of the Middle East have over the centuries been characterised as by a distinct sense of variety that stems from a whirlwind of customs and traditions.
- Health Hazard of Noise Pollution In addition, the frequency of sound, duration of exposure, intermittence or continuation of sound, the age of a person and their health can affect the acuteness of the effects of noise pollution.
- Air and Water Pollution Thus, it is classified as a primary pollutant because it is the most common pollutants in the environment. In the environment, the impact of carbon monoxide is felt overtime, since it leads to respiratory problems.
- The Nature of Nonpoint Pollution Control Problem The incentive scheme to be used to influence the ambient level can be in the form of compulsory payment, T. The amount to be paid depends on the difference between the actual ambient level and […]
- The system for pollution offsets Maintaining equilibrium between environmental quality and cost is not efficient if all the polluting entities are treated uniformly despite the amount of emissions and concentration in a certain region.
- Water pollution Farmers should be encouraged to embrace this kind of farming which ensures that the manure used is biodegradable and do not end up accumulating in the water bodies once they are washed off by floods.
- Air Pollution Characteristics and Effect Accumulation and deposition of this substance can damage the ozone layer and affect the visibility of the environment. The accumulation of this pollutant in the atmosphere can cause severe damage to the reproductive organs, lungs […]
- Regulation and Management of Haze pollution in Canada The legislation is the oldest of its kind and empowers the national government to initiate programs relating to air pollution assessment; set air quality objectives and set standards linked to the source.
- Do Air Pollution in Schools Influence Student Performance? When the quality of the air is poor, allergens are likely to be present in the air. To this end, the paper has revealed that poor IAQ may cause a number of short and long-term […]
- Water Pollution In the 21st century, the world faces a crisis of contaminated water, which is the result of industrialization and is a major problem in developing countries.
- How Bad Pollution is in the Arab World Currently, the Arab world materializes to be amongst the fastest growing countries in terms of population. UNDP estimate that by 2003, the amount of emissions in the Arab world rose to 1013 metric tons from […]
- “Water and Pollution” Class game Then the teacher asks the students to name the main states of water and define the main “stops” in water cycle, which is written in the circle “Water Cycle”.
- Technologies for reduction of Automobile Pollution One of the biggest advantages that attracts the use of bio-fuels technology is the fact that there is an abundance of wastes that are readily available and can be used to prepare the bio-fuels, most […]
- How mechanical engineering used to prevent and fix oil pollution After completion of the drilling, a completion fluid with sufficient density to prevent escape of oil from the rock formation is filled into the well bore. Oil is a precious resource and the whole world […]
- Chloramine in Drinking Water: When the Threat of Pollution Emerges One of the most notable researches in the given field, the one conducted by Shang & Lo allows to see where the problem of chlorine starts from and what exact factors enhance the increase of […]
- Automobile Pollution These pollutants are emitted due to the inability to have a perfect combustion process that would involve the breakdown of hydrocarbons into water and carbon dioxide in the presence of oxygen.
- Nitrate and phosphate pollution of freshwater ecosystem: Sources, impacts and cost effective measurements A comprehensive knowledge of the nitrogen distribution to the land and acquatic systems would convey a picture of the nitrogen distributed to the coastal zone.
- Pollution in Beijing, China This paper discusses the key aspects of air pollution in Beijing with extrapolation of the same to the rest of China cities.
- Environmental impacts of Air Pollution The current high growth rates have contributed to high concentration of particulates and pollutants in the atmosphere owing to the population’s over reliance on various sources of energy.
- Economic Impact of Industrial Pollution in China This paper gives a brief overview of the problem in China especially with regard to air pollution, its impact on the Chinese economy, some of the steps that the government has taken to combat the […]
- Solutions to the Los Angeles Metropolitan Watershed Pollution Problem Action therefore needs to be taken to contain the problem of pollution, which has caused the Los Angeles Metropolitan watershed to be one of the worst water sources in the US.
- Air Pollution: Public Health Impact In this regard, the paper explores various articles on opencast coals mining, aviation emissions, and geological storage of carbon dioxide and public health concerns in air pollution.
- Technological Applications in Industrial Pollution Prevention I also understand that pollution prevention emerged from the need to protect the environment from degradation and that appropriate regulations require manufacturers to put in place measures to prevent the release of dangerous emissions.
- Pollution Caused by Medium-Sized Enterprises and the Means to prevent It Devoted to the issue of pollution, Pollution prevention in small and medium-sized enterprises, the article by de Brujin and Hofman discusses the means to reduce the pollution effects that small and medium enterprises have on […]
- Pollution Prevention In particular, the review will focus on the literature on the methods that are used in various manufacturing industries to reduce pollution.
- Houston Air Pollution Though pollution is virtually everywhere, the paper focuses on Houston, one of the major cities is the US that have unacceptable levels of pollutants that pose health risks to the lives of people, plants, and […]
- Issues in Non-Point Source Pollution In their article titled “Use of Special Surrogates to Assess the Potential for Non-Point Source Pollution in Large Watersheds”, Moltz et al aimed to identify key areas within the United States portion of the Rio […]
- Water Pollution Sources, Effects and Control Unfortunately, not all the users of water are responsible to ensure that proper disposal or treatment of the used water is done before the water is returned to the water bodies.
- Air Pollution: Human Influence on Environment For these reasons, the emission of aerosols in the air has become a major issue of concern allover the world and it is one of the many issues that need to be addressed and controlled […]
- An Investigation of Green Roofs to Mitigate Air Pollution with Special Reference to Tehran, Iran Thus, the aim of the research is to inquire into the basic information on the concept of green roofs, to answer the research questions on different attributes of green roofs, methods used to construct green […]
- Water Pollution and Its Challenges Water pollution refers to a situation where impurities find way into water bodies such as rivers, lakes, and ground water. This is a form of pollution where impurities enter water bodies through distinct sources such […]
- China’s Air Pollution Is Not Unique China and the United States of America have adversely been mentioned to be the leading polluters of the atmosphere. The recent statistics indicate that the gap between the level of pollution by China and that […]
- Poverty and Pollution Pollution in the third world countries leads to the degradation of the environment reducing the quality of life for the people.
- Pollution and Human Health A freshwater localized ecosystem consists of plants and animals of all kinds. Basically, the cycle of both living and non-living organism within a freshwater lake is interrelated and continuous.
- Hudson River Pollution Unfortunately, the Industrial Revolution and the subsequent advancement of the local and national economy have turned the River into an object of environmental pollution.
- China’s Air-Pollution Problem The fact that we do not know the rate at which the economy is slowing down denotes that we cannot tell the rate at which air pollution in the country is reducing and those who […]
- Air Pollution Impacts on Weather and Climate Air pollution is rated to be the major cause of discomfort in the living creatures of the world for air is essential for the survival of every living creature.
- New York City Air Pollution Problem One positive impact of technological advancements on the environment in New York is the ability to provide communication options that are friendly to the environment.